Sign in to follow this  
504jumper

types of camera allowed at E+I 2018?

Does anyone know what types of cameras are allowed at E+I 2018 at SAP Center? I saw lots of people with cameras (at I+E 2015), some had DSLRs. But I don't want to bring something that will be prohibited.

Thanks!

Edited by 504jumper
typo

10 hours ago, 504jumper said:

Does anyone know what types of cameras are allowed at E+I 2018 at SAP Center? I saw lots of people with cameras (at I+E 2015), some had DSLRs. But I don't want to bring something that will be prohibited.

Thanks!

Have you checked their website? They should say or give them a call.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I did check out their website. But their camera policy wasn't that helpful. I supposed I will need to call. My concern is the I'll be talking with someone who might not be trained well enough to answer my questions.

I brought a Sony DSC-HX5V to the last tour.  It's a little point-and-shoot with 10x optical zoom (plenty to get some good shots of the stages from the upper bowl).  I have a case with a belt loop and carried it on my hip.  Didn't have a problem.  I would guess that anything that can fit in a purse or in a hip case would be fine.  A larger DSLR with a long lens, I don't know.  YMMV.

Sony DSC-HX5V.jpg

Best thing to do is check while the venue where you plan to attend, as some are stricter than others. 

It’s usually any camera with a detachable lenses that are prohibited. Point and shoot is fine. 

Though, it may still be too soon to find out the camera policy for specific venues on the tour.