U2Community

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Heading To Europe

38 minutes ago, realgonekid said:

Just making sure that when the presale tickets go online tomorrow it's 10:00am GMT? right?

If you are going for uk tickets, but remember that Euro dates will be their 10am local time.

15 minutes ago, Gogme United said:

I think you can compare UK prices to others in Europe, while you're still in ;-)

Amsterdam GA is €75 and most expensive seats (no VIP/Red Zone) are €195. Cheapest seats are €35. So it looks like the 272 pound tickets are VIP and/or RedZone tickets. 

I reckon the 272 will be red zone too.

39 minutes ago, Wigwam67 said:

Also, just noticed on Ticketmaster - that O2 Phone customers, get priority booking from Jan 19th too - The same time as ‘Innocence’ membership level. That’s not fair or right surely? 

No, that doesn't sound fair.

Oh well. Gonna skip the tour anyway... all this continuing ticket issue and prices and all strange worry seems to me quite boring to be honest. And mainly cos the new album did not hook me neither the previous one there is no need to go but very happy of a couple of songs lately and I continue to listen to them.  

1 hour ago, Gogme United said:

I think you can compare UK prices to others in Europe, while you're still in ;-)

Amsterdam GA is €75 and most expensive seats (no VIP/Red Zone) are €195. Cheapest seats are €35. So it looks like the 272 pound tickets are VIP and/or RedZone tickets. 

I hope so. €75 converted to GBP comes to £66, so hopefully around the same price as London GA for I&E.

Regarding the album presale codes:

I called Universal who says that they just provide the code and TM is in charge. TM in turn says that I need to ask Universal. And u2.com doesn't know. Which leads me to the question: who knows?? I bought the CD through Universal with the sole purpose of getting an additional presale code for additional dates or Dublin. Now it seems this code is worthless since I will be using my u2.com membership code for the first date. 

Edited by blueskies_up_ahead
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

27 minutes ago, blueskies_up_ahead said:

Regarding the album presale codes:

I called Universal who says that they just provide the code and TM is in charge. TM in turn says that I need to ask Universal. And u2.com doesn't know. Which leads me to the question: who knows?? I bought the CD through Universal with the sole purpose of getting an additional presale code for additional dates or Dublin. Now it seems this code is worthless since I will be using my u2.com membership code for the first date. 

Not surprised there tbh. Still waiting for my code.

• Like 1

I got an email from U2.com about the presales this morning. This was said about the retail presales

Additionally, fans who pre-ordered Songs of Experience with participating retailers prior to 30 November, 2017 are also eligible for a presale opportunity for shows in the UK, Germany, France Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, and Holland. Eligible fans will receive a unique code allowing access for a limited presale opportunity beginning Monday, 22 January (9am) until Wednesday, 24 January (5pm) subject to availability while supplies last and limited to 2 tickets per code. (*Please note, a code does not guarantee a ticket.)

...Ireland is mentioned as well for retail presale, but we haven't got Irish dates.....

• Like 1

Received my cd code this evening so they are still being sent out.

5 minutes ago, ally33 said:

Received my cd code this evening so they are still being sent out.

I have my CD code too. But certainly don't expect to get any GA in that presale. I'm sure all that will be available will be expensive seats.

Just now, AlanScotland1 said:

I have my CD code too. But certainly don't expect to get any GA in that presale. I'm sure all that will be available will be expensive seats.

Yeah probably. Hopefully the concert Gods will smile on me tomorrow and get me a GA ticket.

20 minutes ago, wtonis said:

I got an email from U2.com about the presales this morning. This was said about the retail presales

Additionally, fans who pre-ordered Songs of Experience with participating retailers prior to 30 November, 2017 are also eligible for a presale opportunity for shows in the UK, Germany, France Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, and Holland. Eligible fans will receive a unique code allowing access for a limited presale opportunity beginning Monday, 22 January (9am) until Wednesday, 24 January (5pm) subject to availability while supplies last and limited to 2 tickets per code. (*Please note, a code does not guarantee a ticket.)

...Ireland is mentioned as well for retail presale, but we haven't got Irish dates.....

Is that an email you got in reply to a question, or simply the newsletter that was sent out? In any case the text is the same but I hadn't noticed the "Ireland" in there. Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Why can't they think about that stuff before announcing a presale... 

Edited by blueskies_up_ahead

Does anyone think that more London dates will be added?  Not sure whether to risk saving my code for further dates.

1 minute ago, angelshe said:

Does anyone think that more London dates will be added?  Not sure whether to risk saving my code for further dates.

yes.

would imagine so

That's what I think.  Last time I used up my code & then they announced further dates.  The O2 doesn't seem to have any other events booked until the 2nd Nov, so plenty of space for further dates I hope.

I would be amazed if they didn't announce more shows for UK. Dragging over the stage show for just 2 shows wouldn't make financial sense. 

As I seem to have been allocated an Innocence code instead of Experience, at least it gives me a chance to try to sort this out with customer support in time for the next pre-sale.  

On 16/01/2018 at 3:02 PM, englishsid said:

Great news!   Already excited...

Anyone have thoughts/experience on Redzone from the IE tour?   is it worth it?   I had GA at the O2 in 2015 and was on the barrier by the E stage; had RZ for Paris last year and thought it was amazing.  So what to buy on Thursday?
The US ticket sites seem to suggests it's not that close to the I stage and walkway...

hi everyone! 

About red zone, what to think/do?

I think if I cannot get good seats I will risk it for more dates especially as o2 customers get an extra hour on innocence members grrrrr. I might just pick up a £10 sim tomorrow!

57 minutes ago, angelshe said:

Most probably. Made a mistake during the last tour to trust the marketing which was promising that there will be two shows but very very different from each other with a set list aso. Unfortunately not true. But at least two shows everywhere, some places three so they will come up after the first ticket rush is done.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, englishsid said:

Great news!   Already excited...

Anyone have thoughts/experience on Redzone from the IE tour?   is it worth it?   I had GA at the O2 in 2015 and was on the barrier by the E stage; had RZ for Paris last year and thought it was amazing.  So what to buy on Thursday?
The US ticket sites seem to suggests it's not that close to the I stage and walkway...

I did the RZ twice in Glasgow I & E tour, first time right at the end of the stage on the rail, Adams side and he came over quite a lot, Bono came over a few times too, Edge never came near us, had some good views of main stage side on but the B stage was a bit lost on us, at least we had the screens. Second night we were half way down, good, view of screens, could see the B stage a bit better but missed the close up's.

Done Red Zone on the Joshua Tree tour one back from rail and I would say it was far better placed than the I & E tour............saying that I'm trying for RZ again for this tour. :D

Hi, the I&E tour was the first I've missed since first going to zooropa due to a baby (she got her own JT t-shirt this Xmas ?). I've also never seen them in an arena. For elevation I was away travelling and just got back to see them at slane. So I'm really excited for an arena. I'm hoping for at least Manchester (x2) and London.

So question for you folk that saw I&E. I normally do GA and sometimes RZ. As this is smaller venues what is best: GA, seats or RZ? RZ looks away from the stage so was thinking a mix of GA and seats. GA to enjoy the energy and seats to take it all in.

If seats, where are the best views, is it parallel to the big screen and on a lower tier?

Finally, if you were to go to another  Europe show what would you advise, other than Dublin. I was thinking Berlin might be cool with the hansa studios.

Sorry for all the questions and good luck tomorrow/Friday.

Oh great, now we can only buy 2 tickets for the same show?! I can't buy one for Berlin and one for Dublin for example? Why are they trying to make our lives as fans miserable?! Really disappointed. Nothing new, but still. This tour seems to be the worst in terms of presale organization. 

• Brilliant 1

Oh no! Where did you see that infornation about not being able to use your code to  get tickets  for different shows?