Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Heading To Europe

3 hours ago, Paulj101 said:

I would have much preferred Scotland as I live in Newcastle. The Hydra gigs on the I&E were amazing. I do wish they'd simply announce all dates up front....including Dublin

I suspect part of the reason for holding Dublin back is that there would simply be too big a demand from all over Europe to scramble to Dublin. This way, most subscribers target one of the other shows, thereby easing the pressure on the Dublin demand and making it easier for home fans to get tickets!

Edited by Ally A

1 hour ago, Ally A said:

I suspect part of the reason for holding Dublin back is that there would simply be too big a demand from all over Europe to scramble to Dublin. This way, most subscribers target one of the other shows, thereby easing the pressure on the Dublin demand and making it easier for home fans to get tickets!

I absolutely agree. I know for sure, the majority of subscribers would be heading to Dublin if they had the chance.

Edited by Paulj101

Hi

Can anyone confirm what the ticket price is for GA (standing) for the London O2 Arena gig please? 

I can't join the pre-sale until tomorrow, but it would be nice to know in advance what the prices are!

Many thanks

16 minutes ago, backy66 said:

Anyone know who the Support Act/Opening act is for the European Experience and Innocence Tour?.

Wondering whether there would be a support act at all. In 2015, there were none during I&E Tour. Having said that, I would love to have Noel again

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, funghi said:

When we "paid subscribers" signed the contract = renewed our subscription, the terms here on U2.com were, that we would be able to buy 2 tickets for different shows, which means, 1 ticket for one show, e.g. Berlin, and 1 ticket for another show, e.g. Hamburg. Over night the terms have changed FOR ONE PARTY OF THE CONTRACT = U2.COM, which at laest in Germany is against the law, because every party of the contract has to agree to the change of the contract. Or am I completely wrong??? Than one can of course correct me!

:angry::angry::angry:

And to top it all, Telekom customers of a certain contract in Germany will be able to buy up to FOUR TICKETS. That's the same betrayel as with the conditions for City Bank customers in the US.

The same bad thing......

Agree with you. I suspect the contractual terms are governed by American law but you will need to check. First world problems but this is a very frustrating change. Aside anything not all people go to all concerts with others. Some people have to travel to shows and others dont want to go that far or cant get time off work or need to stay behind for childcare or other reasons. So you are left with an unused code or force to buy 2 tickets.

But again designed to give fans less access to tickets and ensure you only attend 1 show. All meaning more tickets for Citi bank and Telekom! When is the Telekom presale?

1 hour ago, aidanbuckley said:

Yes we got a presale code but i think they are from the UK pool of codes

Are you based on Rep of Ireland?

Im trying for tickets today but ideally i need 3. If i buy two in the presale but then by some miracle manage to get 3 in general sale will i be able to resell my original two? For face value i may add as im not interested in making money out of it.

26 minutes ago, Terrydharrison said:

Im trying for tickets today but ideally i need 3. If i buy two in the presale but then by some miracle manage to get 3 in general sale will i be able to resell my original two? For face value i may add as im not interested in making money out of it.

indeed, you can list in the relevant sub forum

On 16 Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM, yardie said:

Managed to get two tickets for the Berlin show. I wanted two standing tickets and I was online exactly when the site went live which I thought was a bit odd that there was no standing tickets available. I had the pre sale INNOCENCE code. Happy though I have tickets but would have loved the standing ones like the previous Berlin show.

Just now, karllangan said:

When are the resale tickets available for Dublin?

Unknown at the moment... please keep checking the site and Zootopia for updates...

Hi there. I got an email this morning saying presale runs until 5pm on Saturday 20th January. I want to use this for the Belfast show (they are playing Belfast but dates have to be announced). Will I be able to use the presale code if the date is announced after 5pm tomorrow?

Thanks

23 hours ago, kevindgc said:

Just noticed this on the website: 

"Additionally, fans who pre-ordered Songs of Experience with participating retailers prior to November 30th, 2017 are also eligible for a pre-sale opportunity for shows in the UK, Germany, France Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy and Holland"

Is Ireland deliberately excluded? 

It wasn't excluded in the email. But since those codes are only valid from 22nd to 24th now (not stated when we bought the album through the more expensive Universal!!), they probably won't be of much use. I think it's lame to point to Universal, who point to Ticketbastard, who points back to Universal. U2 made a deal for those presale codes to exist. So ultimately it's U2's management again screwing over fans. The least would be to correct the wrong now before monday.

• Brilliant 1

On 18/01/2018 at 12:20 PM, Max Tsukino said:

You let your account to lapse - that's the reason you are now in the innocence group...

I refused to pay more for a renewal as a loyal fan than a new subscriber would pay! The rest is just admin...

2 minutes ago, dvdspence said:

I refused to pay more for a renewal as a loyal fan than a new subscriber would pay! The rest is just admin...

I don't think that's correct... the renewal is US$40...
the new subscription is US$50:

u dos dot com subscription.png

in the end, it was your own decision - the consequence of it is that you got the innocence presale group...

7 minutes ago, dvdspence said:

Renewals have been $40 vs the $50 new sub for several years now.

1 hour ago, peterdevree said:

there are also 'fans' that pay up the membership just to buy tickets and sell them to scalpers!!

and Max and Bigwave keep up the good things to keep us positive. your job is not the easiest in these days

11 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

in the end, it was your own decision - the consequence of it is that you got the innocence presale group...

Bit of false advertising there. Your post suggests by signing up you get ‘first access to ticket presales’

As you have 2 presale groups this is very misleading and factually incorrect..really it should say you will get day 2 access to the presale if you are not already a subscriber.

1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

I am in the UK, why I am forced to pay in dollars baffles me, but the point is that at the time it was £30 for a new subscriber and $40 for an existing fan (£32 at the time). Trying to make this point to U2 support proved less than successful and cost my priority access. I would be more cross at having to pay $50 compared to the uk rate!

20 minutes ago, dvdspence said:

I am in the UK, why I am forced to pay in dollars baffles me, but the point is that at the time it was £30 for a new subscriber and $40 for an existing fan (£32 at the time). Trying to make this point to U2 support proved less than successful and cost my priority access. I would be more cross at having to pay $50 compared to the uk rate!

You are not. You can switch it over to GBP

image.png

image.png