Sign in to follow this  
liverpool54321

Europe

2 hours ago, mickoafc said:

What I meant was, say there is a 2nd Manchester date announced, will there be an opportunity to use the album pre-sale code for that, or will they only be valid for the dates that are announced at the moment?

I have a similar question... usually 2nd dates are open up for a U2.com subscriber presale (if you haven't used your code). I am also going to use my U2.com subscriber code for Manchester 1st date... and hoping that should a 2nd date be added that there will be a 2nd album presale code opportunity in the same way that there usually is a 2nd U2.com subscriber presale so I'd be able to use that code then (if that makes sense!)

One (possibly stupid) question that doesn't seem to be addressed by the FAQ (unless I'm missing it)...

What timezone do the quoted presale times refer to? There's much reference to 10am, but is this GMT, or CET, or EET? There are three timezones across the EU!

I'd hate to start trying to buy tickets at 10am GMT (local for me) and find out that the presale started at 10am CET (i.e. one hour before).

Edited by DaveyWavey

5 minutes ago, DaveyWavey said:

One (possibly stupid) question that doesn't seem to be addressed by the FAQ (unless I'm missing it)...

What timezone do the quoted presale times refer to? There's much reference to 10am, but is this GMT, or CET, or EET? There are three timezones across the EU!

I'd hate to start trying to buy tickets at 10am GMT (local for me) and find out that the presale started at 10am CET (i.e. one hour before).

Think it's usually the local time at the venue

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, pmcgrath said:

Think it's usually the local time at the venue

Yes, onsale time is local time at venue. 

• Like 1

For some reason, although my account on here is setup to my correct email address, my pre-order for SOE is linked to an email address I've not used for circa 10 years. Live Nation customer services say they can't change it. So I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to get that code. Any idea who can look in to that please?

Not sure whether this has already been said.......

Across the website and these forums, everyone is mentioning a 10am (local to venue) presale start time......

However, I’ve just checked the Ticketmaster mobile App for both UK dates (London and Manchester), and according to both event pages within TM, the presale begins at 0900am (local to venue). 

Obviously either U2.com or Ticketmaster have got this wrong, and I would tend to think it’s TM who have published the incorrect timings, but just so folks are aware. I wouldn’t put it past TM to open the floodgates at 0900 instead of 1000. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, carlhancox said:

Not sure whether this has already been said.......

Across the website and these forums, everyone is mentioning a 10am (local to venue) presale start time......

However, I’ve just checked the Ticketmaster mobile App for both UK dates (London and Manchester), and according to both event pages within TM, the presale begins at 0900am (local to venue). 

Obviously either U2.com or Ticketmaster have got this wrong, and I would tend to think it’s TM who have published the incorrect timings, but just so folks are aware. I wouldn’t put it past TM to open the floodgates at 0900 instead of 1000. 

Where are you seeing that? I do see 9am for general sale date (26 January); but not for presale.

Sorry yes, it does specify retail presale (which I presume is the CD code), and all other onsale times are 0900......

U2 subscriber presale (times and info) aren’t even mentioned.

This is on the TM UK mobile app only, I haven’t checked their normal website yet.

Further confusion though, the Manchester event page on TM mobile app refers to an ‘O2 presale beginning Fri 19th (again at 0900am)’ ?????

This would half make sense if it was under the London event page, as that is the O2 Arena, but not for Manchester MEN ?

2 hours ago, the_fly said:

I have a similar question... usually 2nd dates are open up for a U2.com subscriber presale (if you haven't used your code). I am also going to use my U2.com subscriber code for Manchester 1st date... and hoping that should a 2nd date be added that there will be a 2nd album presale code opportunity in the same way that there usually is a 2nd U2.com subscriber presale so I'd be able to use that code then (if that makes sense!)

I may be doing the same as you ..... I maybe ...so little time to consider things ....Oh the little things... ... that give us a headache ...

Edited by Sleathy!
  • Like 1

I just realised I am in the Innocence group so won't be able to buy them until the second day.

I am guessing any Red Zone tickets will be gone by then and probably most of the decent seats?

As far as I didn’t find it in faq: is it possible to use a presale codes for two different shows in two different countries (ie one tik for London and one for Paris)? 

Thanks

There will be at least 4 nights in London and it would be unlikely for there not be further presales for those dates, so I think I will hang back and see what happens. Innoncence group for London1 may not get you any GA anyway.

42 minutes ago, beppecuoco said:

As far as I didn’t find it in faq: is it possible to use a presale codes for two different shows in two different countries (ie one tik for London and one for Paris)? 

Thanks

Getting confirmation/clarification on that. Please check back. 

32 minutes ago, alanelise said:

There will be at least 4 nights in London and it would be unlikely for there not be further presales for those dates, so I think I will hang back and see what happens. Innoncence group for London1 may not get you any GA anyway.

Do you think ? Under usual circumstances I would agree with you, Tues / Wednesday / Rest Day / Friday / Saturday - something like that would be great......

But with major US cities only getting 2 shows, I can’t see London being any different this time around.

I hope you are right though. 

2 minutes ago, carlhancox said:

Do you think ? Under usual circumstances I would agree with you, Tues / Wednesday / Rest Day / Friday / Saturday - something like that would be great......

But with major US cities only getting 2 shows, I can’t see London being any different this time around.

I hope you are right though. 

Good point, just going by gap in schedule at O2 and rumours of four nights in Paris and Madrid

Edited by alanelise

6 minutes ago, alanelise said:

Good point, just going by gap in schedule at O2 and rumours of four nights in Paris and Madrid

Yes I’ve just checked the schedule too, the weekend is free, which I think is probably unusual for O2. 

Here’s hoping.....

4 hours ago, ascender said:

For some reason, although my account on here is setup to my correct email address, my pre-order for SOE is linked to an email address I've not used for circa 10 years. Live Nation customer services say they can't change it. So I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to get that code. Any idea who can look in to that please?

Hi.

I am not very much into this. But think about it: there are thousands of people who pre ordered the CD without being registered here.

How will they get their code?

I am pretty sure no one can deny you your presale code.

2 minutes ago, EnjoyTheClaw said:

Hi.

I am not very much into this. But think about it: there are thousands of people who pre ordered the CD without being registered here.

How will they get their code?

I am pretty sure no one can deny you your presale code.

be aware that the U2.com presale and the album presale are totally different things and set by their own particular rules and regulations... 

for the album presale, it's stated that information will be sent by the retailer once the date of that particular presale arrives...

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

be aware that the U2.com presale and the album presale are totally different things and set by their own particular rules and regulations... 

for the album presale, it's stated that information will be sent by the retailer once the date of that particular presale arrives...

I just wanted to say this: if a mail for the presale differs from the subscriber's mail, it can't be an issue.

I don't see a reason for Ascender to be worried.

It seems the preorder of the album hence the code for the presale (not the u2.com one) is linked to an email address she/he can't get access to 

Wondering how it happened 

6 hours ago, monica martino said:

It seems the preorder of the album hence the code for the presale (not the u2.com one) is linked to an email address she/he can't get access to 

Wondering how it happened 

Maybe he bought through amazon app and doesn’t have anymore the email previously linked

23 minutes ago, monica martino said:

Yes but it's about an email address which seems to be not used for 10 years!!! 

Actually it's strange...

Just received a unique pre sale code via email this morning, for purchasing the CD through U2.com.

It has a link to follow within the email, when the pre sale begins next Monday. 

There is then a drop down list to select the show of your choice, and it looks like it will then display any available tickets for that particular show (within the quota set aside for CD presale - I doubt it will show ALL tickets available in the actual arena).