Sign in to follow this  
Carlos

CONFIRMATION OF STAGE SET UP

Hi

Can anyone confirm the stage set up?  I presume its the same as 2015 but the info on the tour announcement page leads me to believe that it might be slightly different:

"Staged in the round, the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour is a development of the unique and innovative staging of  2015, featuring multiple performance areas, a state-of-the-art sound system, plus an all new super high-res LED screen nine-times the resolution of the 2015 screen."

Regards

Carlos

Right now there isn't any information about the specifics of the stage layout... As usual, you will need to wait for the coming days/weeks (even months) until more information is released...

All we have been told is that it will be "in the round" with multi performing platforms. Cant be the same as before then. However, I feel we are somewhat sold short here. We're buying tickets with absolutely no idea of where the stage is, the overall set up etc. For example, where is the Red Zone ? It was awful for I&E, I'd expect better this time round. Someone found the following set up shown for Washington a while back - now that does look good and kind of backs up the "in the round" with multi platforms. 

Details please ASAP - its not fair we're buying tickets "blind".

U2 potential stage.jpg

Although the above stage setup looks great, I dont think its correct. It wouldnt explain why seats on both far ends are way cheaper than side view. I think its the same setup as IE. seats on the far ends are cheaper because there is no screen view. 

It also looks unnecessarily complicated and therefore more costly for very little benefit.  The i+e layout overcomes the issue of the main stage being a bit remote from the far end of the arena, but for the few times they would get used during a show I'm not sure the extra little walkways add much in terms of getting band much closer to the audience.

When the Europe dates were announced on this site, it said they would performing "in the round" - hence it cannot be the same as I&E. Whether or not the above picture is correct or not, I dont know - as I said, someone else published this claiming they got it from the Washington venue site. Who knows ? My main point is though, we should be able to see the stage/arena set up as and when we buy tickets. At present we have no idea where the best seats will be (in our own individual opinion). We are merely buying tickets based on price, not location. No one knows where the Red Zone area will be either. I think the fact that you dont see the arena with stage set up prior to purchasing tickets is scandalous. 

I wouldn't assume anything as far as stage layout is concerned. When the I&E tour went on sale the layout shown on all the ticket websites for all shows showed a centre round stage with catwalks extending to both ends of the arena. Much later on, when most of the tickets had been sold, the layout changed to what we eventually saw. My wife and I has tickets in the second-most expensive process tier which were for seats at one end of the O2, which turned out to be dead centre behind the stage with not even a hint of a view of the screens. We still enjoyed the show, but it was nowhere as good as it could or should have been for the 2x£100 ticket price. I was going to complain to Ticketmaster afterwards, but figured I wouldn't get anywhere so didn't bother in the end.

I would love to see U2 have a stage set up with a stage in the center of the arena floor, in the round if you will. Have ramps extend to both ends. I think it would give the whole arena a closer experience. I always wondered why they never tried this.