jojes

Who is going?

I've just ordered my tickets to the Cologne show.

Who is going there too?

I could'nt choose the seats, eventim decided on 'best avaliable seats' being in bloc 209 ... anyone been in that bloc for I&E?

I‘m going, bought 2 standing tix - was standing in Cologne for both the ie tour shows too so not sure where that block is exactly..... Can you not find a seating plan for the show?

Really excited to be going, waiting for 2nd gig in Cologne announcement so then I can hopefully get 2 standing for that in the „retail presale“ on Monday??

Got my standing tickets.  Now to book travel. So excited.  Will be our first time in Germany.  DH studied German in university and has always wanted to go.  Happy 40th birthday to him!

Presale was so much smoother than any other one I've done.  Well smoother once I saw the button for English.   Didn't want to wake the husband at 3am for him to translate for me. 

I'm going :) living not far from cologne and attended 2nd night in 2015 of ie-tour.
doing GA, and eventim randomly selected "from stage right side" for me...
presale with eventim went surprisingly smooth and way much better than ticketmaster...

Hi! I'm going to Lanxess Arena from Liège in Belgium. 
It's the first time I go to that arena, do I need the Umweltplakette (environment badge)?
Thanks for your answer. 

2 hours ago, themis said:

Hi! I'm going to Lanxess Arena from Liège in Belgium. 
It's the first time I go to that arena, do I need the Umweltplakette (environment badge)?
Thanks for your answer. 

Hi, welcome to Cologne :)
And welcome to the jungle of German bureaucracy :P

Usually, if you have a car that's authorized in another country, and if you want to
drive through a "Umweltzone" (environmental zone) in a German city, yes, you need a badge.

For Lanxess Arena there are several ways where it's allowed to drive through without a badge.
I hope you can somehow understand this website, for me the English translation somehow
didn't work correctly:

https://www.lanxess-arena.de/services/anfahrt.html

The key is at the bottom of the passage:
"Die Zufahrt zur LANXESS arena ist aber auch für alle Fahrzeuge ohne Plakette gesichert.

Alle Infos zu den Transitlinien entnehmen Sie bitte der Übersichtskarte der Umweltzone Köln (Stand: 1. April 2012) "

It says that there are ways to Lanxess Arena without any badge.
When you click on "Übersichtskarte der Umweltzone Köln (Stand: 1. April 2012)" you will find a map with the ways to the Arena
where you definitely don't need a badge. This map is a bit impractical, so I guess when you come from the Liège route, for you the
route down south around the city should be right. You take the A4, direction cologne south, cross the river, and then your GPS should guide you the right way
over A559 which ends directly in front of the Arena area where you can easy find several parking lots...

If you desperatly want a badge just because you want a nice German car acessoire, you can purchase it online here
:D it's only 15€ xD
https://www.tuev-sued.de/auto_fahrzeuge/feinstaub-plakette/bestellen/england
i'm not quite sure, but i guess it never expires :D  only if you get a new car...

I hope it helps a bit, if you have further questions, feel free to ask :)

Edited by chulia83
  • Like 1

I'm late as I was ill but thanks for your answer ;)
And I'm really happy to go to Cologne, as I've never been to that arena. 

4 hours ago, sortof_jos said:

I'm going to both shows in Lanxess.

It's a great venue, I've seen many shows there:D, including I+E in 2015.

I'm really impatient :P
I also go to Accord Arena in Paris.

I've seen them several times but only in Belgium and the arenas and stadium aren't so good...

Hi, I'm living in Bogotá (Colombia) and I would like to go to the second show in Cologne but it is not quite clear to me what is P1, P2, P3... and what's the difference between them? Is it like levels? What is the best seat in these available seats? what do you recommend? It's my first time in arena and here in Colombia until this year we'll have arenas in our country. Thank you ?

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-03 a la(s) 7.24.07 p. m..png

Edited by SAYDEE

Hi Saydee,

P1 are the first and second level seats where you can see the screen (200, 300 and 600 numbers). Anywhere in 204, 205, 206, 207 or 217 are the beste seats in my opinion.

P2 are the upper level seats where you can see the screen (700 numbers).

P3 is GA, floor standing

P4 and P5 are the seats behind the stage and opposite of the stage.

The first show on septembre 4 I will be in GA, the second show on septembre 5 I will be in 219.

Have fun?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sortof_jos said:

Hi Saydee,

P1 are the first and second level seats where you can see the screen (200, 300 and 600 numbers). Anywhere in 204, 205, 206, 207 or 217 are the beste seats in my opinion.

P2 are the upper level seats where you can see the screen (700 numbers).

P3 is GA, floor standing

P4 and P5 are the seats behind the stage and opposite of the stage.

The first show on septembre 4 I will be in GA, the second show on septembre 5 I will be in 219.

Have fun?

Hi sortof! Thanks a lot for your help. My instinct wasn't bad ? Ticket ready for September 5 (I bought it today after reading your explanation): 

ticketmaster.jpg

Edited by SAYDEE

Hi Saydee,

Good for you.

On septembre 5 I will be in Block 219, row 10, seat 21.

Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

Does anyone know about if the Lanxess Arena has WiFi?

On 5/9/2018 at 6:56 AM, sortof_jos said:

Hi Saydee,

Good for you.

Hope to see you there.

I hope too.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:56 AM, sortof_jos said:

Hi Saydee,

Good for you.

Hope to see you there.

Another question: In that seats can I pick up some page from the confetti that fall from the rafters? or they only fall in GA? I would want one like souvenir ??

Hi Saydee,

Last tour there was no wifi in Lanxess. Maybe this year there will be.

In the i+e tour in 2015 the confetti fell only in GA. I don't know how they do it this tour.

BTW: the confetti is made up of excerpts from Dante's Inferno

Thanks! Ok, just in case, I will ask to my mobile operator about international roaming.

90 days!!! I'm excited, I got my flying tickets and it's my first travel to Germany :D I'll arrive in Cologne on the 4th of September and I will stay 3 days.

Wir sehen uns B)

Edited by SAYDEE

You could identify me because I'll take the Colombian flag ? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKC0xEikl2N4111QaSUyy

Edited by SAYDEE

60 days!!! This week arrived my ticket ? Plane tickets and hotel in Cologne ready ✔️

DhQ9jBFXkAAQ6ae.jpg 

DhQ9jBFW4AE-3kb.jpg

• Like 1

Let’s hope Bono’s voice recovers and the show can go on ... 

Need confirmation quickly.... i take train tomorrow in the morning from Paris ...

Edited by cinock

3 hours ago, cinock said:

Need confirmation quickly.... i take train tomorrow in the morning from Paris ...

In case it gets cancelled, can you still cancel hotel and train? 

We’re taking the train on tuesday, wit or without a show. High speed train tickets and a hotel, both without cancellation possible ... so Köln here we come anyway ?

If it should be postponed, we’ll just make a second Köln visit out of it ... Luckily we don’t live that far (an hour by hs train or a bit longer by car). We went for the train this time to avoid any hassles with parking and the ‘environmental vignette’ in the city.