Sign in to follow this  
toyoracer

Tips on hotels

On 19.1.2018 at 3:22 AM, toyoracer said:

Any tips on where to stay in Berlin? First time going abroad and I'm going solo :o

Plus Hostel just across the street of the arena. a convenient, affordable and clean place :)
Metro/Train station also around the corner.

• Thanks 1

I wound up booking at the East Side Hotel, but may cancel if I can secure a host family through a friend.

I was going to go on my own too and booked a hotel in Friedrichshain. 

My better half has decided to come too, so we're packing up 3 kids and the grandma and all coming to Berlin for a 4 night sightseeing break with U2 the icing on the cake.

I think they want to go and see Brandenburg Gate etc but I'll be taking them to Hansa Studios, Zoo Station and the U2 subway ;)

If anyone else knows must see U2 sites in Berlin, then please let me know.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, jonno77 said:

I was going to go on my own too and booked a hotel in Friedrichshain. 

My better half has decided to come too, so we're packing up 3 kids and the grandma and all coming to Berlin for a 4 night sightseeing break with U2 the icing on the cake.

I think they want to go and see Brandenburg Gate etc but I'll be taking them to Hansa Studios, Zoo Station and the U2 subway ;)

If anyone else knows must see U2 sites in Berlin, then please let me know.

I forgot abut visiting the U2 sites *adds to itinerary*

Lol. Our plans have changed. Kids gran didn't fancy 4 days in Berlin so offered to look after them at home and me and my better half can go for 2 nights kid free. Result!!

Only snag is I had to sweeten deal by offering to treat my missus and her mum a trip to Rome on their own. Should have looked at cost of Rome hotels first :o.

Not all bad tho - I'm hoping it means I can use it as a bargaining chip for a trip to ireland. Not only ticket prices costing me, but the scheming to get to various shows!!