Sign in to follow this  
miracleboy

Album pre-sale code window

In the email I received with my ticket pre-sale code for purchasing the album from U2.com, it states:

The window to use this code, for fans who pre-ordered Songs Of Experience with participating retailers, is 9am Monday 22nd January to 5pm 24th
January – CET.

I was hoping to use this code to purchase tickets for Dublin.  Anyone know if this code will be valid to use when the Dublin shows are announced or is it strictly for use only within the stated window of Monday - Wednesday Jan 22nd - 24th?

Thanks

Nobody knows... same question arises in terms of second nights on any of the cities.  I've assumed it won't be usable so going to use mine to try to help a friend get tickets for first night in Manchester.

This question really needs to be answered by someone officially. If I don't use this code for Europe will I get issued a new one for Dublin? Surely Irish album buyers are entitled pre-sale access to the Irish shows when announced?

I was hoping to use my universal music code for a Cologne night 2 presale, but if that concert (and presale) doesn't exist / go on sale before the 24th the code will be useless - I might give it to a friend if that's the case.

Shame though, thought I'd have a good shot at a second Cologne gig with it - can only make the Cologne gig, anywhere else is out of the question due to work and family etc....

Lucky to get your album pre-order code. Me and my friends all pre-ordred and received the album BUT have received NO codes. Feel cheated :-(

I put a query into the U2.com team just to get additional confirmation that we are ok to use subscriber and album pre-sale codes in tandem. Query and reply pasted below - the way the reply is phrased seems to imply that album codes will be useable for any shows that are announced subsequently...

I'm just hoping you can confirm that I'm OK to use the presale code I got for pre-ordering the album to purchase 1 or 2additional tickets for a show that I've already ordered two tickets for using my eXPERIENCE subscriber code. I don't want to risk the ones I've ordered already being cancelled!

Sorry for the confusion. I looked into this for you and you will be able to purchase 2 additional tickets with that code. If you were unable to use either one, you will still be able to use them for any future shows within the European leg of the tour. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Xavier
U2.com Team

GOT  A CODE BUT CANT GET TICKETS BEEN TRYING SINCE 9 - GUTTED. FUNNY HOW U2 ALLOW ON RE-SALE SITE AT EXTORTIONATE PRICES, CHECK OUT GET ME IN - ITS A JOKE. BIG BAND WITH TOTAL CONTROL OVER TICKETING RELEASE, YET OTHER ARTISTS HAVE STOPPED IT.

ANYONE GET THEIR 2017 SUBSCRIBER GIFT, HAVE BEEN WAITING WHOLE YEAR FOR MY VINYL TO BE DESPATCHED, SENT NUMEROUS EMAILS VIA THE OFFICIAL METHOD AND NO ANSWER RECEIVED. ANOTHER FRIEND HAS ALSO RECEIVED NOTHING!

Edited by Cazzy_F

6 minutes ago, Cazzy_F said:

ANYONE GET THEIR 2017 SUBSCRIBER GIFT, HAVE BEEN WAITING WHOLE YEAR FOR MY VINYL TO BE DESPATCHED, SENT NUMEROUS EMAILS VIA THE OFFICIAL METHOD AND NO ANSWER RECEIVED. ANOTHER FRIEND HAS ALSO RECEIVED NOTHING!

I got mine since Decembre 2017