Sign in to follow this  
DaveyWavey

Seats *behind* the stage?

So, I successfully nabbed some £70 level 1 tickets for London. So far so good.

When I was selecting them, I was a bit unsure of exactly where they were (apart from on level 1). The interactive seating map on the AXS website was good at showing the location of the stupidly-priced tickets at the side, and some of the level 4 cheap seats, but the £70 level 1 tickets' location was not shown. But I took a punt anyway (as I didn't want to shell out for the super-expensive tickets, but the last time I got the cheapest tickets for U2 at the O2 the seats and view were terrible).

Anyway, it turns out my £70 seats are in block 115, which a bit of googling indicates is *behind the stage*!

I'll be honest, I would not have chosen these seats had I known in advance that they would be behind the stage. But it's done now.

Does anyone have any idea what the experience will be like back there? I'm guessing that the seats have the advantage of being closer to the band than many others, but the disadvantage of the view being mostly of the backs of their heads. Or, even worse, with the various screens and stuff that tend to be at the back of the stage, might these seats have no view of the band at all? That would be a terrible rip-off if that was the case.

Edited by DaveyWavey
pounds, not dollars!

6 minutes ago, DaveyWavey said:

When I was selecting them, I was a bit unsure of exactly where they were (apart from on level 1). The interactive seating map on the AXS website was good at showing the location of the stupidly-priced tickets at the side, and some of the level 4 cheap seats, but the £70 level 1 tickets' location was not shown. But I took a punt anyway (as I didn't want to shell out for the super-expensive tickets, but the last time I got the cheapest tickets for U2 at the O2 the seats and view were terrible).

Anyway, it turns out my £70 seats are in block 115, which a bit of googling indicates is *behind the stage*!

I'll be honest, I would not have chosen these seats had I known in advance that they would be behind the stage. But it's done now.

Does anyone have any idea what the experience will be like back there? I'm guessing that the seats have the advantage of being closer to the band than many others, but the disadvantage of the view being mostly of the backs of their heads. Or, even worse, with the various screens and stuff that tend to be at the back of the stage, might these seats have no view of the band at all? That would be a terrible rip-off if that was the case.

My husband and kids were behind the stage for the ieTour at MSG, and really enjoyed that perspective.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DaveyWavey said:

My friend also sat behind the stage at the O2, on the i&e tour. She didn’t like it to be honest. It’s not what you go for - but she couldn’t see the massive screen/video wall from that view - although they did put it up on a TV screen for them, but it wasn’t the same. There wasn’t any of the ‘WOW’ factor, or ability to enjoy the spectacle like the rest of us. She did as she put it ‘Spend most of the time looking at Bono’s ass’. They rarely, if at all turned round to that section too. I know it’s probably not what you want to hear, & I apologise - but it’s an honest review. Whilst still not cheap, I guess they are the cheapest for a reason

1 minute ago, Wigwam67 said:

Whilst still not cheap, I guess they are the cheapest for a reason

Second-cheapest actually. (The cheapest are the £35 tickets, but I had those for the I&E tour and basically couldn't see the stage at all as it was obscured by a lighting rig.)

But thanks for the honest review. I had pretty much resigned myself to not being able to see the video wall that extends along the walkway (or at least did for the I&E tour), as you need a seat at the side for that, and they're all silly prices. I suppose as long as I can see most of the stage (even from the back), and some video representation of what's going on from the front, I'll be happy enough.

2 minutes ago, DaveyWavey said:

Second-cheapest actually. (The cheapest are the £35 tickets, but I had those for the I&E tour and basically couldn't see the stage at all as it was obscured by a lighting rig.)

But thanks for the honest review. I had pretty much resigned myself to not being able to see the video wall that extends along the walkway (or at least did for the I&E tour), as you need a seat at the side for that, and they're all silly prices. I suppose as long as I can see most of the stage (even from the back), and some video representation of what's going on from the front, I'll be happy enough.

I’m sure you’ll have an amazing time. At least you have some precious tickets in the bag! 

Enjoy mate

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveyWavey said:

Wait, I got the £35 tickets for Milan, do I need to be worried? The seat location was very central so I thought "why not".  It is on the B13 sector.

https://www.eventtravel.com/upload/images/Seating Plans/Forum-Milan-Floor-Standing.jpg

18 hours ago, abstzk said:

Wait, I got the £35 tickets for Milan, do I need to be worried? The seat location was very central so I thought "why not".  It is on the B13 sector.

https://www.eventtravel.com/upload/images/Seating Plans/Forum-Milan-Floor-Standing.jpg

I can't say, to be honest. I've never been to that venue. Maybe ask in the forum section for that concert? http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/forum/284-mediolanum-forum-milan-it/

Being behind the stage does put you about as close as you can get while in seats. And you'll get an idea of what the band sees in terms of audience reaction so I guess you could think of it as a different viewpoint. As long as you are not too high up you should have them facing you more when on the 'e' stage, although they did tend to face in to each other when at that end.  The video screens will be the big miss. The sad truth tho is that if you miss out on GAs the seats with the best views don't come cheap.