pricecelt

Songs youd love to hear on this tour

Recommended Posts

Apart from the new album, is it time for some live rarities to be played.

Id love to hear All I want Is you live  its my 20th wedding anniversary this year and that was our first dance.

I've not missed a tour since Celtic Park 1993  and I've not heard it yet. 

Oh and Bono to get the Mrs and i onstage to recreate that first waltz would be amazing !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first U2 show was Celtic park in 93, it was edges birthday I think.

I'd love to hear so cruel and acrobat but neither of them will happen.

After Exit on the JT30 tour, I really hope they play that again.

From older stuff, any of Fire; Tomorrow; Gloria; Unforgettable Fire; love comes tumbling: heartland.

None of them will happen though

Edited by jonno77
Add song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed out on A Sort of Homecoming on the last tour so ideally I'd like to hear that one! 

Other than that I'd really like Two Hearts Beat As One, The Fly, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Acrobat, Stay, Dirty Day, Last Night On Earth, Gone, Please, Walk On (though that's unlikely given the recent situation in Myanmar), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Original of the Species (given the context and themes of SOE this one would be perfect for the tour), Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Iris, Raised By Wolves (Larry beating the **** out of the kit with ever increasing intensity on the outro was a major highlight of I&E), Cedarwood Road. 

Doubt many/any of those will get in but a boy can dream!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 6:13 AM, pricecelt said:

Apart from the new album, is it time for some live rarities to be played.

Id love to hear All I want Is you live  its my 20th wedding anniversary this year and that was our first dance.

I've not missed a tour since Celtic Park 1993  and I've not heard it yet. 

Oh and Bono to get the Mrs and i onstage to recreate that first waltz would be amazing !!

That was our wedding song too.

26 years!

I want to hear more Achtung and Rattle and Hum.

My first show was War in 1983. I miss some of the really old stuff. I would love to hear a cut or two from October. 

Gloria, Tomorrow, I Threw a Brick Through a Window, Rejoice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stories For Boys,

The Ocean/Into The Heart.

Gloria,

A Day Without Me,

Surrender,

Drowning Man,

Wire,

A Sort Of Homecoming,

Exit,

Running to Standstill,

God Part II,

All I Want Is You,

The Fly,

Zoo Station,

Dirty Day,

Daddy's Going to Pay...

Mofo,

If You Wear That Velvet Dress,

Kite,

Stuck In A Moment,

Sometimes You Can't Make...

Breathe,

Magnificent,

California,

Iris.

Some long shots there I know.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top requests:

- Zoo Station

- Last Night on Earth

- All I Want Is You (for my wife)

 

Second tier:

- I Fall Down

- Surrender

- Hawkmoon 269

- Gone

- Mysterious Ways

- Love and Peace or Else

- Dirty Day

- Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car

- Some Days are Better Than Others

- Kite

 

Other assorted goodies:

- A Sort of Homecoming

- Trip Through Your Wires

- Where the Streets Have No Name

- Even Better Than the Real Thing

- Discotheque

- Do You Feel Loved

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2018 at 8:00 PM, peterferris8 said:

Missed out on A Sort of Homecoming on the last tour so ideally I'd like to hear that one! 

Other than that I'd really like Two Hearts Beat As One, The Fly, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses*, Acrobat, Stay, Dirty Day, Last Night On Earth, Gone, Please, Walk On (though that's unlikely given the recent situation in Myanmar), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Original of the Species (given the context and themes of SOE this one would be perfect for the tour), Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, Iris, Raised By Wolves (Larry beating the **** out of the kit with ever increasing intensity on the outro was a major highlight of I&E), Cedarwood Road. 

Doubt many/any of those will get in but a boy can dream!

*Just seen the video the band put on Facebook & Instagram...they better not be playing with my emotions like this!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses*,

I'm really hoping for this song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Oh my.  It's the alternate version too.   I so want to hear this live.  I don't go on Facebook or Instagram. I never would have seen this otherwise.  Thank you very, very much for posting it.   Wow.  This song seems quite apropos for the tour.

I would also like to hear:  Love and Peace Or Else...and...Miracle Drug.   I loved both of them live.  They both seem to be quite apropos as well as Wild Horses.

 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that rehearsal room!

Edited by DeirdreBell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City of Blinding Lights

Crumbs From Your Table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet fire of love

like a song

drowning man

hallelujah, here she comes

dancing barefoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acrobat!

two hearts beat as one!

11 o' clock Tick Tock!

Surrender!

Drowning Man!

Gloria!

Tomorrow!

Wire!

who's gonna ride your wild horses!

Zoo Station!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, Shannon387 said:

Love is Blindness

with Jack White.......boom

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2018 at 11:43 AM, DeirdreBell said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that rehearsal room!

I know.  Then, after my enthusiasm turns to  I've 'experience'd that clip...all I can think when I watch is how awful the sound is.  We need closer seats!

I would also like to hear a kick ass version of Desire.

Edited by Manohlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.