Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cazza

Time for 3 presale tiers?

Recommended Posts

Not great reading in here that a lot of longterm fans who have being paying for years but had a small lapse in membership are treated the same as folk who signed up about 2 weeks ago. Even if rules are rules I feel their pain. Sledgehammer to crack a nut. 

Moot point but it it time for 3 presale tiers so there is some differentiation? So a third category in between Experience and Innocence for longterm folk who had a small lapse in membership. Tis not rocket science.  

Edited by Cazza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stop people signing up when a tour is announced until the presales are over would be fair, I would have thought.

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 3rdday said:

Just stop people signing up when a tour is announced until the presales are over would be fair, I would have thought.

Very good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it ought to be simple.

You are either renewing your membership every year without a break and therefore a longtime, loyal fan (even when no tours are happening). 

Or you are a more recent fan - say within the last Year.

If you are not a registered member at the point the tour is announced you cannot sign up for presages. Just as has been said above.  Allowing people to sign up for membership when the tour is announced (common practice) just adds $50 to a pair of tickets and allows less loyal fans a crack at presales.

 

Bands like Pearl Jam have it right. You are allocated seats at the venue based on your membership number (which you get when you sign up) so fair.

If you are not a registered fan club member when the tour announcement happens then you don't get fan club pre sales.

Rewards the long term fan, encourages fans to keep up their membership even when there are no tours.

 

I'm long term member of both as U2 and PJ are my favourite bands and I just don't get why people don't keep their memberships to be honest. Well, don't keep them and then complain when they get consequences. We get enough emails reminding us our membership is about to run out so it must be a choice not to re subscribe..

 

Sorry - I sound a bit grouchy ! Not meant to...

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good points and well made. Reminders are sent but sometimes there are good reasons why people let it lapse for a short time (eg illness, bereavement).

Rules are rules but in previous tours the cut off point was if you were registered before the tour announcement you got your first day access. That meant longterm fans were not penalised for a short lapse if they sorted it quickly in case a tour was announced. 

Not a personal gribe. It is what it is. Just horrible to see some folks who have faithfully subscribed for yrs not getting tickets, because the eligibility rules have recently changed.  So just wondered about a different approach.  Cheers.

 

 

Edited by Cazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked how it was done for 360 tour. There were 3 or 4 tiers. Old timers, so to speak, who were paid members at a certain cut off date. Then it was people who had subbed after the cut off date and before tour announcement, and then noobs who had subscribed after tour announcement. Allowed to spread all fans around a bit better.

Personally, as someone who subscribes every year, tour or no tour, I would love a separate presale for people like me. But as anything, that would piss off a lot of people. No matter what U2 do, they'll piss of lots of people.

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kristaps said:

I liked how it was done for 360 tour. There were 3 or 4 tiers. Old timers, so to speak, who were paid members at a certain cut off date. Then it was people who had subbed after the cut off date and before tour announcement, and then noobs who had subscribed after tour announcement. Allowed to spread all fans around a bit better.

Personally, as someone who subscribes every year, tour or no tour, I would love a separate presale for people like me. But as anything, that would piss off a lot of people. No matter what U2 do, they'll piss of lots of people.

Dear electricco and former 'Propaganda' Subscriber
It's the news we've all been waiting for!
On Monday U2 are set to announce details of their 2005 Tour - and as a former Propaganda subscriber you are the very first of the growing community of U2.Com Subscribers to receive the all-important ticket code information you need to take part in the presale.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:


As a member of our 'Horizon' group of U2.com Subscribers we're pleased to invite you to take part in this weeks presales for one of the following European shows of the U2 360° Tour.

U2360 TOUR PRE-SALE FAQs

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket presales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the presale.

'Horizon Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the presale,

'Breathe Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the presale and

'Boots Subscribers' have access from mid afternoon on Day 2 of the presale. The presale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3.

The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the presale. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Oh I wish it was the 90's ... the 2000's :wub: 

 

  • Brilliant 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, electricco said:

Dear electricco and former 'Propaganda' Subscriber
It's the news we've all been waiting for!
On Monday U2 are set to announce details of their 2005 Tour - and as a former Propaganda subscriber you are the very first of the growing community of U2.Com Subscribers to receive the all-important ticket code information you need to take part in the presale.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:


As a member of our 'Horizon' group of U2.com Subscribers we're pleased to invite you to take part in this weeks presales for one of the following European shows of the U2 360° Tour.

U2360 TOUR PRE-SALE FAQs

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket presales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the presale.

'Horizon Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the presale,

'Breathe Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the presale and

'Boots Subscribers' have access from mid afternoon on Day 2 of the presale. The presale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3.

The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the presale. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Oh I wish it was the 90's ... the 2000's :wub: 

 

Now this is something we all understand! 

Thanks electric Co! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with this - especially as I have a colleague who’s never been a member before, who signed up for a paid account at 9.55am on Friday, who still got a pre-sale code, & was able to buy ‘Innocence’ tickets at 10.00am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wigwam67 said:

Agree with this - especially as I have a colleague who’s never been a member before, who signed up for a paid account at 9.55am on Friday, who still got a pre-sale code, & was able to buy ‘Innocence’ tickets at 10.00am. 

Totally. Fair play to your colleague as those are the rules but the system for Propaganda members should remain in place. 

The 360 presale system was spot on. Again not rocket science.  After all Bono always says how we queue in the rain etc for tickets and have given them a great life. But without Paul McG, a lot of incompetence has crept in.

At least there is a presale. Guess we need to remember that too. 

 

 

Edited by Cazza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 8:32 AM, stanley14 said:

Now this is something we all understand! 

Thanks electric Co! 

 

On 21/01/2018 at 8:32 AM, stanley14 said:

Now this is something we all understand! 

Thanks electric Co! 

 

On 21/01/2018 at 7:19 AM, electricco said:

Dear electricco and former 'Propaganda' Subscriber
It's the news we've all been waiting for!
On Monday U2 are set to announce details of their 2005 Tour - and as a former Propaganda subscriber you are the very first of the growing community of U2.Com Subscribers to receive the all-important ticket code information you need to take part in the presale.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:


As a member of our 'Horizon' group of U2.com Subscribers we're pleased to invite you to take part in this weeks presales for one of the following European shows of the U2 360° Tour.

U2360 TOUR PRE-SALE FAQs

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket presales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the presale.

'Horizon Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the presale,

'Breathe Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the presale and

'Boots Subscribers' have access from mid afternoon on Day 2 of the presale. The presale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3.

The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the presale. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Oh I wish it was the 90's ... the 2000's :wub: 

 

that type  of pre-sales system  should never  have changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, clapton is god said:

 

 

that type  of pre-sales system  should never  have changed.

Absolutely right! The 360-system at least meant that the really new ‘fans’ had to wait a bit longer to get in than others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly U2  have gone  the same  way  as  the stones and   likes of Maddge  in the way  of  gigs sales.  flogging cd in tix sales  and flogging fanclub packages  with tix on day of on-sale /general sale.
I used to think they were better    than that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...