Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adrnik

Rattle & Hum 30th Anniversary

Recommended Posts

I believe this year marks the 30th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum.

Is it worth a re-mastered release?

If so what other additional material could be included?

Lastly, could songs (including some of the rarer tracks) be aired in the E&I tour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, adrnik said:

I believe this year marks the 30th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum.

Is it worth a re-mastered release?

If so what other additional material could be included?

Lastly, could songs (including some of the rarer tracks) be aired in the E&I tour?

In a word, YES!

I'm a bit disappointed that the band seems to have taken all of the criticism of the album and movie received at the time and just believed it wholesale. Neither deserved the mistreatment.

It was the right time to make such a movie, and the studio songs are very good on the album. There are plenty of extra tracks from those sessions too. A 2CD version could be made very easily - perhaps with a LoveTown show included also as an extra.

I don't think R&H has ever seen a Blu-Ray release either. It's time for all of these things to see the light of day. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put R&H equal with TJT and Achtung Baby. Took me a few years to warm to "Love Rescue Me", but otherwise there isn't a single dud in the studio songs. "All I Want Is You" was the song that started my interest in them.

The backlash to the movie and the album all happened before I became a fan so I was ignorant to it and didn't think they deserved it. But if it hadn't copped it, U2 wouldn't have been pushed into trying something new, no Achtung Baby, and they probably wouldn't still be around today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a 30th Anniversary reissue of Rattle & Hum.  I would like to see a box set that includes:

Rattle & Hum remastered (CD/MP3 (code provided for download)/Vinyl

Tracks included in movie version but not on album version

B-sides

Copy of Rattle & Hum movie on blu-ray and a code to make available via streaming

Movie and music album featuring entire concert, beginning to end, from McNichols Arena in Denver on Nov. 8, 1987 (this concert was prominently featured in Rattle & Hum movie)

Book with photos from Rattle & Hum era

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year marks the 30th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum.

It was rumoured there would be a 25th anniversary issued back in 2013 but Songs of Innocence and tour got in the way.

https://www.dailyedge.ie/u2-filming-bray-1144636-Oct2013/

So, if U2 and Principle Management are reading this, here is my suggestion of what could be released as that era is in rich in video especially.

Rattle and Hum Album (Remastered because sure, why not)

B Sides and promos:

"God Part II" (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - U2 and BB King (04:46)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix - Short) - U2 (05:23)
"Hallelujah (Here She Comes)" (Studio Version Long) - U2 (04:15)
"A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel" (Studio Version) - U2 (05:30)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix) - U2 (09:23)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Short) - U2 and BB King (07:29)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Long) - U2, BB King and Little Richard (07:52)
"Angel of Harlem" (Remix) - U2. (03:46)
"All I Want is You" (Edit) - U2 (04:16)
"God Part II" (The Hard Metal Dance Club Mix) - U2 (06:55)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Edit) - U2 (03:33)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Short) - U2 and BB King (07:29)
"God Part II" (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - U2 and BB King (04:46)
"Dancing Barefoot" (Studio Version - Short) - U2 (04:14)
"Unchained Melody" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:56)
"Everlasting Love" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:21)
"Love Rescue Me" (Live from London, Oct. 16, 1988) - U2 (05:22)
"Dancing Barefoot" (Studio Version - Long) - U2 (04:48)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix) 12 minute version ??

Sun Studio Sessions, especially unreleased recording of She's a Mystery to Me. And Jesus Christ.

LIVE cd\dvd\blu-ray options.

Save the Yuppies Concert cd\dvd
Smile Jamica Concert cd\dvd
Channel 4 "All I want is You" mini documnetary
Australian "Lovetown" 30 min tv doc.

FULL Concert from one of the shows filmed.

If any of the Dublin, December '89 shows are used, why not a 30 odd song set list picking all the songs and best versions performed?

Don't want:
New remixes. Meh.
Incomplete concerts.

Rattle and Hum movie is owned by Paramount. So some kind of an expanded version of that (Complete Arizona show??) would be problematic but one can dream.... dream it all up again....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes lets get a 30th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition, along with the full concert from The Point Dublin.

 

Also POP's 21st Anniversary so a Super Deluxe of that album is also long overdue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bclancy said:

This year marks the 30th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum.

It was rumoured there would be a 25th anniversary issued back in 2013 but Songs of Innocence and tour got in the way.

https://www.dailyedge.ie/u2-filming-bray-1144636-Oct2013/

So, if U2 and Principle Management are reading this, here is my suggestion of what could be released as that era is in rich in video especially.

Rattle and Hum Album (Remastered because sure, why not)

B Sides and promos:

"God Part II" (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - U2 and BB King (04:46)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix - Short) - U2 (05:23)
"Hallelujah (Here She Comes)" (Studio Version Long) - U2 (04:15)
"A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel" (Studio Version) - U2 (05:30)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix) - U2 (09:23)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Short) - U2 and BB King (07:29)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Long) - U2, BB King and Little Richard (07:52)
"Angel of Harlem" (Remix) - U2. (03:46)
"All I Want is You" (Edit) - U2 (04:16)
"God Part II" (The Hard Metal Dance Club Mix) - U2 (06:55)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Edit) - U2 (03:33)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Short) - U2 and BB King (07:29)
"God Part II" (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - U2 and BB King (04:46)
"Dancing Barefoot" (Studio Version - Short) - U2 (04:14)
"Unchained Melody" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:56)
"Everlasting Love" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:21)
"Love Rescue Me" (Live from London, Oct. 16, 1988) - U2 (05:22)
"Dancing Barefoot" (Studio Version - Long) - U2 (04:48)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix) 12 minute version ??

Sun Studio Sessions, especially unreleased recording of She's a Mystery to Me. And Jesus Christ.

LIVE cd\dvd\blu-ray options.

Save the Yuppies Concert cd\dvd
Smile Jamica Concert cd\dvd
Channel 4 "All I want is You" mini documnetary
Australian "Lovetown" 30 min tv doc.

FULL Concert from one of the shows filmed.

If any of the Dublin, December '89 shows are used, why not a 30 odd song set list picking all the songs and best versions performed?

Don't want:
New remixes. Meh.
Incomplete concerts.

Rattle and Hum movie is owned by Paramount. So some kind of an expanded version of that (Complete Arizona show??) would be problematic but one can dream.... dream it all up again....

 

 

 

Agreed and seconded! :)

 

6 hours ago, Frankaz said:

Yes lets get a 30th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition, along with the full concert from The Point Dublin.

 

Also POP's 21st Anniversary so a Super Deluxe of that album is also long overdue.

Also agreed and seconded - HOWEVER, the re-recorded versions of POP songs on the 1990-2000 Best Of must be destroyed (or at least NOT included). B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bclancy said:

This year marks the 30th Anniversary of Rattle and Hum.

It was rumoured there would be a 25th anniversary issued back in 2013 but Songs of Innocence and tour got in the way.

https://www.dailyedge.ie/u2-filming-bray-1144636-Oct2013/

So, if U2 and Principle Management are reading this, here is my suggestion of what could be released as that era is in rich in video especially.

Rattle and Hum Album (Remastered because sure, why not)

B Sides and promos:

"God Part II" (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - U2 and BB King (04:46)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix - Short) - U2 (05:23)
"Hallelujah (Here She Comes)" (Studio Version Long) - U2 (04:15)
"A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel" (Studio Version) - U2 (05:30)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix) - U2 (09:23)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Short) - U2 and BB King (07:29)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Long) - U2, BB King and Little Richard (07:52)
"Angel of Harlem" (Remix) - U2. (03:46)
"All I Want is You" (Edit) - U2 (04:16)
"God Part II" (The Hard Metal Dance Club Mix) - U2 (06:55)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Edit) - U2 (03:33)
"When Love Comes to Town" (Live from the Kingdom Mix - Short) - U2 and BB King (07:29)
"God Part II" (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - U2 and BB King (04:46)
"Dancing Barefoot" (Studio Version - Short) - U2 (04:14)
"Unchained Melody" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:56)
"Everlasting Love" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:21)
"Love Rescue Me" (Live from London, Oct. 16, 1988) - U2 (05:22)
"Dancing Barefoot" (Studio Version - Long) - U2 (04:48)
"Desire" (Hollywood Remix) 12 minute version ??

Sun Studio Sessions, especially unreleased recording of She's a Mystery to Me. And Jesus Christ.

LIVE cd\dvd\blu-ray options.

Save the Yuppies Concert cd\dvd
Smile Jamica Concert cd\dvd
Channel 4 "All I want is You" mini documnetary
Australian "Lovetown" 30 min tv doc.

FULL Concert from one of the shows filmed.

If any of the Dublin, December '89 shows are used, why not a 30 odd song set list picking all the songs and best versions performed?

Don't want:
New remixes. Meh.
Incomplete concerts.

Rattle and Hum movie is owned by Paramount. So some kind of an expanded version of that (Complete Arizona show??) would be problematic but one can dream.... dream it all up again....

 

 

 

You.

I like you a lot and I hope all you say comes to pass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.