Sign in to follow this  
lauretta1979

Album presale

So guys, 

Even if I was perfectly on time to try to buy two tickets for Germany the ga was already over. It reappeared two_three times but then when I said add to basket they were no more avAilable. Last but not least twice the site asked to insert the code and said the code was used (that obviously wasn't true). I deleted the cache but no use. I'm so sad at the moment, this presale,was completely useless.

It's getting well known that album pre-sales are a waste of time. I was buying the album anyway so not a rip off as such but still id like to know allocations for ga tix for all the pre-sales. 

The o2 priority pre-sale is just to push seats that haven't sold. Not holding out on LN pre-sale either though I've had luck with that in the past. 

Edited by utwothefly

18 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

I think Amazon 9am before general sale is more hopeful...

9am *is* the general sale, isn't it?

It was down as 10 but looks like its now changed to 9. O2 priority pre-sale changed 3 times it was originally before innocence pre-sale lol. That's the trouble with so many, there's bound to be errors and limited availability every sale. By general sale there will be very limited GA left. 

Has anyone received an email from their album presale code provider saying that the code can be used for these new dates? I'm waiting on Universal music in Germany to send/publish something but no news yet.....?

Apparently Madrid is accepting the album code for presale, also another venue but can't remember which off hand. 

On 27-1-2018 at 10:11 AM, drunkchicken1 said:

Has anyone received an email from their album presale code provider saying that the code can be used for these new dates? I'm waiting on Universal music in Germany to send/publish something but no news yet.....?

Bol.com (Netherlands) sent the e-mail confirming this last Friday.

The link I received with my album presale code does not list any of the additional dates or Irish shows. Will there be a new link or will this one be updated? 

Dublin album pre-sale on Wed 31st from 12pm. 

Got a code for Three presale too but it appears to be on at the same time as the general sale on Friday. Should have a decent chance at getting one ticket per show with the 4 pre- sale codes I have (subs, album and Three x2)

I was told this morning that the album pre-sale code I have from my SoE purchase on U2.com is not valid for the Dublin pre-sale, see below:

Thanks for contacting U2.com Fan Support; I will be more than happy to assist you with this.   

I do apologize but the only codes that can be used are from the fan club experience and innocence group!

If you have anymore questions or concerns please contact us back via email or our customer service line at 855-867-5297!

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Olivia

U2.com Fan Support

So frustrating!!!

This is what ticketmaster.ie is saying about the presales. If this is not the case, it certainly was rather misleading from U2.com to list the countries eligible for a presale code yet in reality customers can't use the code to purchase Dublin tickets in advance.

blob.png.e75b7550222fb40a619f39aafec7a43d.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miracleboy said:

I was told this morning that the album pre-sale code I have from my SoE purchase on U2.com is not valid for the Dublin pre-sale, see below:

Thanks for contacting U2.com Fan Support; I will be more than happy to assist you with this.   

I do apologize but the only codes that can be used are from the fan club experience and innocence group!

If you have anymore questions or concerns please contact us back via email or our customer service line at 855-867-5297!

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Olivia

U2.com Fan Support

So frustrating!!!

Can't say for sure, but I think that must be a misunderstanding.

Olivia at u2.com probably meant that the retail presale code can't be used in the Innocence or Experience presales - rather you have to use in in the Retail presale...

Either that, or she is misinformed...

3 minutes ago, A boy called Trampoline said:

Can't say for sure, but I think that must be a misunderstanding.

Olivia at u2.com probably meant that the retail presale code can't be used in the Innocence or Experience presales - rather you have to use in in the Retail presale...

Either that, or she is misinformed...

That is correct... a valid U2.com presale code is the one that appears in your account profile (www.u2.com/profile)

The retail presale code is being sent to you via email, but can't be used in the U2.com presale...

6 hours ago, stephenpooley said:

The link I received with my album presale code does not list any of the additional dates or Irish shows. Will there be a new link or will this one be updated? 

The link from the email has now been updated to show the additional dates, although the actual presale links aren't up yet.

3 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

That is correct... a valid U2.com presale code is the one that appears in your account profile (www.u2.com/profile)

The retail presale code is being sent to you via email, but can't be used in the U2.com presale...

Max, is the ‘retail code’ the one originally sent via u2.com album preorders as I haven’t used mine yet? Should I get a new email about that or use the original code I was sent for buying the album?

1 minute ago, Mark Taylor said:

Max, is the ‘retail code’ the one originally sent via u2.com album preorders as I haven’t used mine yet? Should I get a new email about that or use the original code I was sent for buying the album?

If you get it from an email after/because you purchase the album, yes it is... Unfortunately, I can't give you more + precise details about how it works since that presale is completely separate from the U2.com subscribers presale...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

If you get it from an email after/because you purchase the album, yes it is... Unfortunately, I can't give you more + precise details about how it works since that presale is completely separate from the U2.com subscribers presale...

Thanks a lot Max. That’s weird as the original email from my album preorder says that it expired at the end of the first presale. But, as others are saying, the original preorder presale email now links through to the Ticketmaster links for Dublin ‘retail presales’ - I was worried there may be some local Irish Shop retail presale that I wasn’t aware of. Fingers crossed you are right.