Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wahine

I am a Republican

44 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Anyway anyone who publicly states they are not a rascist, usually infact are rascist.

So are the ones who say they are the least racist human being on the planet.

12 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Anyway anyone who publicly states they are not a rascist, usually infact are rascist.

what the? do you know how broad a brush that is? so if I say to someone in a conversation, "I'm not a racist" than more than likely I am? water.gif.5720ef025e3a8d2c851c39693340f72d.gif

2 hours ago, BigBunny said:

what the? do you know how broad a brush that is? so if I say to someone in a conversation, "I'm not a racist" than more than likely I am? water.gif.5720ef025e3a8d2c851c39693340f72d.gif

U2 , a Irish band (we've loaned to the world) , I REALLY don't think the original thread starter really thought out the thread title very well

On 2/3/2018 at 2:04 PM, doctornickriviera said:

President Trump said, "In fact, I can tell you that I'm the least racist person on this earth.", after his s$#thole countries comment.  It's so nice to have faith in one's own leader.  Glory Days....they'll pass you by....Glory Days.

9 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Which is what I was referring to before the rabbit got angry!?

giphy.gif

I, for one am disenchanted by the bands decision to endorse this video for GOOYOW. The constant whining and complaining of Trump's Presidency isn't going to change anything. He is President, that is the current reality. No one seems to want to understand how America got to this point. Many Americans, especially in the mid-west were tired of being ignored by the establishment politicians of both parties. Enter Trump, promising no longer to ignore these folks and to put them first. These very same people, took a chance as they were tired of the Washington establishment.

Dear Wahine,

Thank you for this post. I'm not Republican or Democrat or right or left or conservative or liberal, because I've rejected all labels except Independent because I'm tired of of how vicious and polarized politics has gotten, and because I'm tired of all the whining and non-solutions coming from all sides.

I know how you feel and you've summed up my own feelings well. I don't and never have agreed with all of U2's politics, but hell, I probably don't agree with them on pizza toppings or which is their own best song, and I've never thought I had to agree with my favorite band on everything, political or otherwise, to enjoy their work.

That's part of why I'm so fed up with political boxes and labels. I'm tired of people treating me like I'm stupid or bad or insane for liking people I don't completely agree with (and that's everybody I know and know of, not just U2), I'm tired of being told to participate in worthless boycotts that won't do anything, and I'm tired of being told to stop liking U2 but not being given any alternatives. Am I supposed to be bored and uninspired in the name of ideological purity?

And while I don't think Bono's right about everything, I'm more disgusted by his critics who can't seem to make a rational or charitable critique. They either just resort to ad hominems and crude insults, or else they're hypocrites, they say they don't like Bono preaches, but they get up on their own soap boxes and preach loudly about how much they hate Bono preaching and how bad they think it is and how we shouldn't listen, but if you point out their hypocrisy, they get all huffy. Even when I disagree with what Bono's saying, I at least respect him for just getting up and saying it without wasting time with insincere apologies or denying what he's doing. Would that his critics could do that.

Anyway, Thanks again, Wahine, and God Bless you and your family. Rock on.

Europa

On 2/4/2018 at 2:28 AM, BigBunny said:

what the? do you know how broad a brush that is? so if I say to someone in a conversation, "I'm not a racist" than more than likely I am?

Perhaps you are not.  In most instances, the person saying it is, more than likely, a racist.  It is a protesting too loudly thing.  Why would someone who is not a racist feel a need to declare not being one?  Doctornick makes a very good point.

%$#^hole countries speaks for itself. 

On 2/8/2018 at 3:28 PM, redgavexile said:

U2 , a Irish band (we've loaned to the world) , I REALLY don't think the original thread starter really thought out the thread title very well

I concur.  I don't know what this thread is about.  I was going to ask what it's about and got sidetracked by the racist discussion.  This thread is frayed.  I've searched and cannot find facts to substantiate that which was originally written.  I'm accusing nobody of lying.  The actual facts are hard to find.  The title of this thread pits one side against another in America. 

On 2/9/2018 at 2:56 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Which is what I was referring to before the rabbit got angry!?

I'm laughing at my buffoonery.  I finally put this all together.  It helps to remember, or reread, what one has previously written in these threads.  I shall be more mindful of doing just that.  Thanks, Doc.