Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulvers82

Ticketmaster

How to U2 justify being associated with an organisation like Ticketmaster?

Michael Evis/Glastonbury refuse to be associated with them. Pearl Jam refuse, The Pixies refused, even Eminem (not my taste but...) avoids them

Lets think about why we are U2 fans!!!! obviously the music, the voice, the guitar, the bass, the drums, the longevity of four adolescent friends. This is incomparable with any other band I can think of. I am about to sound like one of those old people who thought everything was better in their day, but lets face it, we are all going to be one of those at some point and don't U2 stand for "point" making in all of our hearts??

35 years of being a fan, (they saved my life as a teenager, so I don't have any right to moan, they will always have one up on me) but and I will say it again with capital letters BUT, how can a scumbag, unregulated, parent company of a sell on site, organisation like Ticketmaster be involved with them????? Pearl Jam, another band I love, who have strong views made a stand years ago and it upsets me that U2 can fight for green peace and drop the debt and aids awareness but they are too scared of a ticket selling organisation to make a stand.

I could bleat on for a while but I don't want to bore you. And by the way I have tickets so its not sour grapes. please just ask yourself why a company providing a service would have "master" in their title.

Enjoy the music and the shows xx

Two years and ticking...    What do you think they'll do when it expires?  Having that contract must eliminate a lot of unnecessary headaches. We may not like it, however; after that long in the music business, I can't blame them.  I hate it but I might do the same thing.  I wonder what they will do.  I was not aware Live Nation owns U2.com as well.  I was surprised to read that.  It's going to be interesting.  I hate Live Nation, but I'll buy a ticket to every show I can see.  The band still owns its music.  I might renegotiate my contract if it meant more time with my family.  I'm not a famous rock star...headaches are still headaches.