Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY, USA U2 fan

Anybody out there?

Its what they do. Its what theyve been doing for 40 years. Why would they stop now?

On 1/27/2018 at 3:31 AM, NY, USA U2 fan said:

Anyone else getting tired of the politics?  Please let the Music be the star of the show.  I want to be entertained not preached to

I don't think U2 wants to just entertain.  In fact I know they don't. Bono says they don't.  They want to reach out and touch people's hearts, they want to move people. They have always been this way.  His quote from the recent Rolling Stone interview:  I want to be useful. That is our family prayer, as you know. It is not the most grandiose prayer. It is just, we are available for work. That is U2's prayer. We want to be useful, but we want to change the world. And we want to have fun at the same time. 

Personally, I grew up on U2 and listening to them educate and provide their point of view. It's partly what helped shape me as a person and got me into educating myself so I could understand. I love my family but I didn't get it from them... I get some don't like the preaching but it's who they've always been. 

It's in my DNA, kinda hard to not be involved when your family is in office...I am just over armchair politics. If everyone is so freaking smart and has all the ANSWERS then run for office. NOTE: I think I understand U2's stance--I was at the WAR CONCERT IN ORLANDO 35 years ago. No matter how many costume changes there are, you can't take the IRISH OUT OF U2. It's in their DNA...So, it is what it is. End result-some things never change. I don't expect U2 to be anything different than what they are. 4 boys from Dublin. This Southern Mom is still a Republican. No amount of yapping, fighting, is going to change it. Just learn to get along.