Sign in to follow this  
BigBunny

Australia, we're still here.

just for the heck of it I thought I'd start this thread just to remind you Irish bastards that us Aussies are still here. we are a patient bunch, been just over 7 years since you graced our shores. yes, I know we are a long way from everywhere else but that's what makes us real southerners so appealing. no matter how long you leave it between tours we remember you & welcome you back. I'm currently listening to SOE, I've taken 2 tracks out that I don't like and I'm enjoying the album alot more now. so if you decide to finally come back here & hopefully New Zealand too (can't forget our cousins) please don't skip any cities. I'm in Perth and usually Adelaide are skipped if you play here. please don't skip Perth or Adelaide. especially now that Perth has the best arena in Australia and a brand new stadium.

aussie.gif.56d9a013acfc5c6a2ff42ca10c3f83a2.gif

FFS! Bon jovi has just announced another tour down under! Surely if they can then so can U2, come on guys!

Bon Jovi? Lucky you!

I hope the Aussies get a Tour 

mind you Edge is Welsh apparently and they haven’t played in Cardiff for a decade!

Feel gutted after reading this post https://www.atu2.com/news/adam-hints-on-health-podcast-that-u2-wont-tour-in-2019.html

Bono and Edge did an interview with 60 Minutes last year and Edge was adamant that they would tour Australia in 2018, Bono (unusually) was a little less definite but seemed optimistic all the same. Now it looks like we'll miss out for the third tour in row. 

I flew to Vancouver for JT30 and had been seriously considering spending my kids' inheritance (again) to be in Madison Square Garden tonight but I held off in the hope that the tour would make it down under and am now kicking myself for not trusting my instincts.

If distance is the problem then duration is the answer. Based on the numbers attending their stadium shows in Sydney, they could easily pack out Qudos arena for 7-10 shows; making it more affordable to do the trip. They can't just limit their touring to North America and Europe, with the odd South American dates; they need to respect their fans in other locations. Don't let Australia stop at 6 tours. 

On 7/1/2018 at 6:21 PM, Not_Goodbye said:

Feel gutted after reading this post https://www.atu2.com/news/adam-hints-on-health-podcast-that-u2-wont-tour-in-2019.html

Bono and Edge did an interview with 60 Minutes last year and Edge was adamant that they would tour Australia in 2018, Bono (unusually) was a little less definite but seemed optimistic all the same. Now it looks like we'll miss out for the third tour in row. 

I flew to Vancouver for JT30 and had been seriously considering spending my kids' inheritance (again) to be in Madison Square Garden tonight but I held off in the hope that the tour would make it down under and am now kicking myself for not trusting my instincts.

If distance is the problem then duration is the answer. Based on the numbers attending their stadium shows in Sydney, they could easily pack out Qudos arena for 7-10 shows; making it more affordable to do the trip. They can't just limit their touring to North America and Europe, with the odd South American dates; they need to respect their fans in other locations. Don't let Australia stop at 6 tours. 

?☹️???????