joeyanne

Unused code & Dublin

I've heard people are getting another code for Dublin/Belfast? I haven't used my code yet so will my old code work that I received before the European pre-sales started or do I need a different one?

1 hour ago, joeyanne said:

I've heard people are getting another code for Dublin/Belfast? I haven't used my code yet so will my old code work that I received before the European pre-sales started or do I need a different one?

European codes are different to NA ones, and should begin with either :

U2EIA (eXPERIENCE)

U2EIB (iNNOCENCE)

Hm, I'm in North America and have already used my presale code for a NA show. But I do show a U2IEA code. So is this a new code we all got, or is that just my old code still showing? I'm so confused. 

31 minutes ago, travelergirl30 said:

Hm, I'm in North America and have already used my presale code for a NA show. But I do show a U2IEA code. So is this a new code we all got, or is that just my old code still showing? I'm so confused. 

if you resubbed after NA presales, that would explain new code showing

3 hours ago, bigwave said:

European codes are different to NA ones, and should begin with either :

U2EIA (eXPERIENCE)

U2EIB (iNNOCENCE)

Thanks. I've got an unused u2eia code so hopefully I'm good to go in the morning

2 hours ago, joeyanne said:

Thanks. I've got an unused u2eia code so hopefully I'm good to go in the morning

best of luck (and to all trying)

Hi! I didn't resub after the NA shows, I used my max number of presale codes, and yet...I still got a new code. Am I taking a risk by using it for Dublin?

44 minutes ago, bigwave said:

best of luck (and to all trying)

both times i've called customer service to clarify, they've said since i used a code for us leg, use of the current code for european leg will result in cancellations of new order, previous order and membership. eek.

What pre-sale code should we use for the NYC3 show?  The new European code that is now on my account? U2EIA? Or my old unused code that I now need to dig up somewhere b/c I don't see it on my account anymore?

í get the feeling we are not going to get a definitive answer on this, as nobody has a clue :wacko:

So howsabout this ~ the FAQ states that if you used your 'unique' code for previous pre-sales for e+i shows, you are not eligible for additional pre-sales.

í did use one 'unique' code for MSG1 pre-sale.

í have now been assigned, for some reason, a new and different 'unique' code.

so if í try for belfast to-morrow at 9am, how is that against the rules?

Edited by EsmaCannon

23 minutes ago, JCF said:

What pre-sale code should we use for the NYC3 show?  The new European code that is now on my account? U2EIA? Or my old unused code that I now need to dig up somewhere b/c I don't see it on my account anymore?

The code on your account page. 

Just now, mich40 said:

The code on your account page. 

Thanks. 

18 hours ago, EsmaCannon said:

í get the feeling we are not going to get a definitive answer on this, as nobody has a clue :wacko:

So howsabout this ~ the FAQ states that if you used your 'unique' code for previous pre-sales for e+i shows, you are not eligible for additional pre-sales.

í did use one 'unique' code for MSG1 pre-sale.

í have now been assigned, for some reason, a new and different 'unique' code.

so if í try for belfast to-morrow at 9am, how is that against the rules?

I'm wondering this, too. Why would we all get new codes if we can't use them? 

I got a new code emailed to me this morning and just used it to buy 2 GAs for Dublin4. Why would they email me this new code for a presale if I wasn't supposed to use it? I'm praying they don't cancel my tickets if I did break some rule I didn't know about.

6 minutes ago, kitw said:

I got a new code emailed to me this morning and just used it to buy 2 GAs for Dublin4. Why would they email me this new code for a presale if I wasn't supposed to use it? I'm praying they don't cancel my tickets if I did break some rule I didn't know about.

It's on the FAQ in the HELP page (http://www.u2.com/help) , on social media and it has been discussed here since hours ago...

47 minutes ago, kitw said:

Had you already used a code to buy tickets for NA shows?  If yes then you had already used your allocation.  1 subscriber = 1 opportunity to buy 2 tickets for 1 show only per entire tour (Irrespective of whether in Europe or North America).  The only way this would ever have been different is if someone used a code that hadn’t been used for Joshua Tree tour and then resubbed to get a new opportunity for this tour.  It’s not fair if people are using additional codes, irrespective of whether it was appearing in the account page.  I know it’s not very helpful from U2.com to post codes on account pages, or send emails to those fans who have already used their allocation, but pleading ignorance that it was sent so it must be ok really does entirely ignore the FAQ, ignores all of the messages in emails and on the Forum and is frankly completely unfair to other fans who have held on to their one presale code to use it for dates that have been added on. 

I sincerely hope that U2.com audit use of codes thoroughly.

If the code you’ve used today is the only one you’ve used full stop then I sincerely apologise.