Sign in to follow this  
jrgeoghegan

MSG Presale 1/30

I am part of the Innocence group and still have my presale code from back in November. I never used the code because.. well.. we all know what a mess that was. Am i safe to assume that that same code will still work for tomorrow's MSG Presale? I have yet to receive any email or text specific to tomorrow's presale. Has anyone received anything specific to tomorrow? Hopefully my old code will work starting at noon. Going to be livid if i STILL can't get GA tickets.

If you are eligible to receive a presale code you can find it on your account information page (www.u2.com/profile)...

Since there’s no TIcketmaster verified fan business this time, I would assume the old codes (from TM) don’t work anymore?  Hence, the new code on your profile page. Can anyone verify that?

2 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

Since there’s no TIcketmaster verified fan business this time, I would assume the old codes (from TM) don’t work anymore?  Hence, the new code on your profile page. Can anyone verify that?

yes, that seems to be the case

• Thanks 1

So if I got 2 tickets through Verified Fan, I'm OK to use this new code for MSG? It is seemingly a different code...

Just now, jeffwalsh said:

So if I got 2 tickets through Verified Fan, I'm OK to use this new code for MSG? It is seemingly a different code...

From the FAQ on the HELP page (http://www.u2.com/help)

If I already purchased tickets for 2018 U2eiTour shows, may I use my code again for recently announced additional shows?
If you already used your unique code to purchase 2 tickets for U2eiTour shows, you are not eligible to purchase tickets in presales for additionally announced shows.
Code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

It seems to appear that we have new codes, and they might work if use them (I have read some reports of them working for folks who also bought 2 tix in November with the old code), BUT we are supposed to understand that it's against the rules and if we do get more tickets to NYC3 with the new code, all our tickets *could* be audited and cancelled. This is what folks are saying elsewhere on this board who have called U2.com for verification. You would only know this from reading all the posts on the boards.  

I got 2 MSG GA tix right at 9am this morning.  Had my computer and phone app going.  Tix on my computer came right up at 9am and my phone just kept spinning, never clicked on to Ticketmaster site.  I rarely get tix using my computer so that was a surprise.  I hope others get the tix they want today!

3 minutes ago, JCF said:

It seems to appear that we have new codes, and they might work if use them (I have read some reports of them working for folks who also bought 2 tix in November with the old code), BUT we are supposed to understand that it's against the rules and if we do get more tickets to NYC3 with the new code, all our tickets *could* be audited and cancelled. This is what folks are saying elsewhere on this board who have called U2.com for verification. You would only know this from reading all the posts on the boards.  

it's one of the FAQs that are posted on the HELP page (http://www.u2.com/help)...

8 minutes ago, JCF said:

Yeah, I had a GA for MSG3, but figure I'll try my luck with the public sale. Ugh... although my other code was used for Philly, which isn't even a Ticketmaster venue, so it did seem less likely to get audited, but better to be safe... heh.

Hi All,

Just to test it out, I wanted to see if my code would work for MSG3 experience presale despite purchasing two tix with my code in November. During the November Verified Fan presale, my code was denied after I purchased my two tix. Today, the code was accepted and was able to pull up 1 GA. 

Based on the ticket cancellation rules, I did not purchase today's ticket. However,  the mods and folks at u2.com may want to explore how to permanently block a code after the allotment has been used up. I can imagine there are some people willing to take the risk at the expense of other fans not getting tickets, which is a bummer. Anyway, good luck to everyone in their ticket buying process.

- Andrew