colinos

I bought a ticket for my girlfriend, but it's "paperless" - can she get in without me?

I am a long-time U2 fan, been to every tour since PopMart, subscriber to the site uninterrupted since 2009, etc, etc.

But I can't make it to the Dublin show in November. So this morning I bought 2 tickets using my code, with the intention that my girlfriend and a friend of hers use the tickets. But I've been reading the T&Cs on TicketMaster, and it seems they can't do this? I can give her the card I used to make the purchase, but of course she is not me so can't show photo ID at the venue to match her to the payment card.

Did I just waste €177.70? Is there anything that can be done?

(My gf is also a U2.com subscriber, but she's in the innocence group, so I bought the tickets today to ensure we'd get them.)

15 minutes ago, colinos said:

I am a long-time U2 fan, been to every tour since PopMart, subscriber to the site uninterrupted since 2009, etc, etc.

But I can't make it to the Dublin show in November. So this morning I bought 2 tickets using my code, with the intention that my girlfriend and a friend of hers use the tickets. But I've been reading the T&Cs on TicketMaster, and it seems they can't do this? I can give her the card I used to make the purchase, but of course she is not me so can't show photo ID at the venue to match her to the payment card.

(My gf is also a U2.com subscriber, but she's in the innocence group, so I bought the tickets today to ensure we'd get them.)

Contact ASAP the ticketing agency and/or the venue (either via their CONTACT US section on their site or by phone) and explain them your issue....

36 minutes ago, colinos said:

you may have to get your card to her?

4 minutes ago, rixchix said:

you may have to get your card to her?

Yes, it's no problem to give her my payment card. But it says on the Ticketmaster website that "each purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) in order to enter the event. The name on your photo ID must match the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event. The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event."

3 hours ago, colinos said:

Yes, it's no problem to give her my payment card. But it says on the Ticketmaster website that "each purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) in order to enter the event. The name on your photo ID must match the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event. The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event."

you probably will need to ask TM IE if you can physically transfer tickets to her - lets know what they tell you, might help others in same boat

I called Ticketmaster, and the helpful agent told me that they could transfer the paperless ticket from my credit card to my girlfriend's credit card, but that it was too early to be done right now -- I need to call them back about a month before the show with her card details. No charge is processed on the new card, and the order is still associated with my payment card, but the paperless ticket is now associated with the new credit card. I think this procedure is really intended for situations where the original payment card expires in the intervening period between ordering and the show, so I really hope that my mentioning it here, doesn't jeopardise my own situation.

I hope you took a note of the person you talk to, just in case... ;)

No problem with expired card between the purchase and the show, just don't give it back, doesn't have to be active to enter the venue 

Edited by monica martino
  • Like 1

Ticketmaster Ireland have been pretty helpful to me too as I got presale for the Tuesday show the other day, then found out I can't go. But when they added the last two shows I managed to get one of them on the retailer code. So I called up and they cancelled the Tuesday ticket for me. Phew.