Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sarazilla

Wrong City!

Recommended Posts

Due to a combination of Ticketbastard's count down clock not being correct-then freaking out when I discovered they really were on sale, needing to refresh, open new a window  and not super great eyesight, I accidentally bought tickets for Belfast instead of Dublin! :blink: This was a bucket list thing for me to see them in Dublin, Somebody please tell me it will be just as awesome seeing them in Belfast!  :D I'm really happy I am going but LOL at me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sarazilla said:

Due to a combination of Ticketbastard's count down clock not being correct-then freaking out when I discovered they really were on sale, needing to refresh, open new a window  and not super great eyesight, I accidentally bought tickets for Belfast instead of Dublin! :blink: This was a bucket list thing for me to see them in Dublin, Somebody please tell me it will be just as awesome seeing them in Belfast!  :D I'm really happy I am going but LOL at me.

SSE is an amazing place!  The acoustics are awesome!  You won't regret it. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more awesome, trust me. Smallest venue on tour, great acoustic, great city.

Few around here will admit it, but us old farts know that U2 have very rarely knocked it out of the park in Dublin. It took a long time before the pressure of the 'Hometown Show' was conquered. And the Dublin shows are almost never the best of any tour. Even less likely now that the majority of people at any Dublin shows in the last 20 years are not from Dublin...

There will almost certainly be more Irish fans at the Belfast show ;)

Edited by EsmaCannon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belfast gigs are epic. Much better gigs on the IE tour than Dublin. So perhaps it was meant to be.  Enjoy it. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great perspectives, I am really looking forward to it!  :)  34 years later and I am just as in love with their music as I ever was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen them many times in Dublin, but the couple of times I've seen them in Belfast have always stood out for me. No hesitation opting for Belfast again this time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dony69 said:

Seen them many times in Dublin, but the couple of times I've seen them in Belfast have always stood out for me. No hesitation opting for Belfast again this time.

Completely agree. The JTT in Dublin was great but the boys raise there game for Belfast. Any time I have gone to both shows, Belfast is far better.  They have a great connection with Belfast. 

Edited by Cazza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Sarazilla said:

Due to a combination of Ticketbastard's count down clock not being correct-then freaking out when I discovered they really were on sale, needing to refresh, open new a window  and not super great eyesight, I accidentally bought tickets for Belfast instead of Dublin! :blink: This was a bucket list thing for me to see them in Dublin, Somebody please tell me it will be just as awesome seeing them in Belfast!  :D I'm really happy I am going but LOL at me.

Agree with all that has been said in this thread. Having seen them in both Belfast and Dublin over the last 30 years, Belfast U2 gigs really knock it out of the park.

SSE is a tight arena, 10 minutes walk from town. Belfast is way cheaper than Dublin for hotels. The people and bars are great... And the Guinness is as good as Dublin!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if somebody who knows the SSE could help me!! I bought tickets in the presale yesterday. They are in EASTL8 row F 145-146. They are right beside stage but as they are not in the highest cost bracket i am sure i will face some problems. They were 105 each. Do you think my view will be obstructed or will it be too loud? Or what problems could i face?  I intend bringing my 7 year old daughter and i may have to change plans if its not going to be suitable for a child that age. Any help at all on this would be much appreciated :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pintsbulmers2000 said:

Just wondering if somebody who knows the SSE could help me!! I bought tickets in the presale yesterday. They are in EASTL8 row F 145-146. They are right beside stage but as they are not in the highest cost bracket i am sure i will face some problems. They were 105 each. Do you think my view will be obstructed or will it be too loud? Or what problems could i face?  I intend bringing my 7 year old daughter and i may have to change plans if its not going to be suitable for a child that age. Any help at all on this would be much appreciated :-)

Looks as if you have great seats... You are likely side onto/slightly behind stage.

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/belfast-sse-arena-odyssey-detailed-row-numbers-plan/high-resolution/sse-arena-odyssey-belfast-seating-plan-01-detailed-seat-row-number-end-stage-concert-floor-map-north-south-west-east-lower-upper-tier-layout-high-resolution.htm

So close to stage albeit from an angle. Big screen well in view,  a bit away from B stage (length of arena).

Regarding sound, it is a rock and roll show, so it will be loud, however speakers are distributed throughout the arena, so not all coming stage area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Martinmc!! I had been looking at that map you sent me and they do look like great seats but that's nearly my problem. If they are great why didn't they charge top price for them!! Unfortunately there is a part of me thinking there is some sort of catch with the seats i got :-(

Is the stage design the same as 2015 where it runs down middle of  standing section?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stage setup seems to be the same as 2015 so I'd say you'll get a good view wherever you are.  They made good use of the B stage the last time so even people in the £38 seats at the back would have seen plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2018 at 3:23 PM, shakyfan said:

The stage setup seems to be the same as 2015 so I'd say you'll get a good view wherever you are.  They made good use of the B stage the last time so even people in the £38 seats at the back would have seen plenty.

 

 

I got £38 tickets last time and this time.

We had a fantastic view of the stage B, where the vast majority of the concert was being played

BTW for the OP, the only downside of Dublin to Belfast, is that in Dublin there is a better atmosphere all around the venues for larger parts of the day, in Belfast, most people tend to turn up direct to the concerts, unless a much younger teen crowd (usualy drunk teens, which doesnt tend to be at a U2 concert)

 

However in saying this, U2 playing Belfast is fantastic, they dont play here as often as Dublin, but you'll still have a great night.

 

BTW have a look online for the earplugs that you can have your child wear during the concert, they dont cut out the sound, but make it easier on the childs ears.

 

https://www.everydayhearing.com/hearing-loss/articles/should-i-wear-earplugs-to-concerts/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2018 at 11:55 AM, Martinmc said:

Looks as if you have great seats... You are likely side onto/slightly behind stage.

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/belfast-sse-arena-odyssey-detailed-row-numbers-plan/high-resolution/sse-arena-odyssey-belfast-seating-plan-01-detailed-seat-row-number-end-stage-concert-floor-map-north-south-west-east-lower-upper-tier-layout-high-resolution.htm

So close to stage albeit from an angle. Big screen well in view,  a bit away from B stage (length of arena).

Regarding sound, it is a rock and roll show, so it will be loud, however speakers are distributed throughout the arena, so not all coming stage area.

Just seen this!  Very useful as it's a nightmare trying to figure out where you'll be seated when offered tickets for the SSE.  Have now bookmarked for future reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha,ha...only seeing this now. Anyone with ticks to Belfast will simply have a great U2 experience. It'll be Hallowe'en, maybe not the warmest temperature wise outside - but one of the best indoor U2 EXPERIENCES you are ever lightly to hear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...