Violatorius

No electronic tickets?

Before the start of pre-sale I have checked some other events at Altice Arena on sale at www.blueticket.pt and I was under impression that one can choose electronic ticket option pretty much for any event - except U2 shows, where the only choice (or rather, absence of it) was to have printed tickets mailed to your physical address by EMS courier service. Did you guys experience the same? Or did I do something wrong? (I wasn't registered on the site, just bought tickets and left).

At the moment I was too happy to get my seats at all to actively mind that, but in the hindsight, it's pretty old fashioned, inefficient and inconvenient way of selling tickets. Postage fee to EU is rather steep at 45EUR - come to think of it, it's more expensive than some cheaper seats... And I'm pretty sure it will now take months to have my tickets delivered...

8 hours ago, Violatorius said:

Before the start of pre-sale I have checked some other events at Altice Arena on sale at www.blueticket.pt and I was under impression that one can choose electronic ticket option pretty much for any event - except U2 shows, where the only choice (or rather, absence of it) was to have printed tickets mailed to your physical address by EMS courier service. Did you guys experience the same? Or did I do something wrong? (I wasn't registered on the site, just bought tickets and left).

At the moment I was too happy to get my seats at all to actively mind that, but in the hindsight, it's pretty old fashioned, inefficient and inconvenient way of selling tickets. Postage fee to EU is rather steep at 45EUR - come to think of it, it's more expensive than some cheaper seats... And I'm pretty sure it will now take months to have my tickets delivered...

didn´t do anything wrong,works for everyone like that!waiting for mine too,after the 12th fev.they start to send the tickets.

Edited by boedlam

13 hours ago, boedlam said:

didn´t do anything wrong,works for everyone like that!waiting for mine too,after the 12th fev.they start to send the tickets.

I found it a little expensive, but I had no other option, the website never showed the E ticket possibility.

lets wait and see when they arrive.. confirmation e-mail says after the 12th of February.. looking forward.

So it looks like everyone is getting paper tickets then. I thought they are obsolete by now. I can't help wondering why on earth someone is still doing this, it's so old-fashioned and inconvenient... just imagine mailing thousands of tickets by hand to thousands of addresses... Some are bound to be undelivered, lost in mail, mixed up, stolen, late etc., they are going to sort out all the angry e-mails, refunds, cancellations, reprints... How does that compare to instant gratification of printing your own ticket at home 5 min after purchase? No fuss, no complaints, no delays, no fees. Maybe that's the point - ticket agency can make some extra buck on postage fees.

2 hours ago, Violatorius said:

So it looks like everyone is getting paper tickets then. I thought they are obsolete by now. I can't help wondering why on earth someone is still doing this, it's so old-fashioned and inconvenient... just imagine mailing thousands of tickets by hand to thousands of addresses... Some are bound to be undelivered, lost in mail, mixed up, stolen, late etc., they are going to sort out all the angry e-mails, refunds, cancellations, reprints... How does that compare to instant gratification of printing your own ticket at home 5 min after purchase? No fuss, no complaints, no delays, no fees. Maybe that's the point - ticket agency can make some extra buck on postage fees.

thats the point, is about making more money , it can't be possible that printing tickets and post them will cost 45 euros.. on top of the services cost.

In fact all these companies they have shipment contracts with with "name it" companies.. and it makes all this much cheaper than we can imagine, it will never cost 45 euros within Europe. 

Understandable will be 15 with safety posts, and Fans should have the option to print without extra costs and or post. I found it really really disappointing someone is making a loot of money.

Has anyone actually received tickets from Blue Ticket yet?

I'm still waiting for tickets for 17th September. They said they would be delivered after 12th Feb. But nothing yet and no email with tracking number. Ridiculous waste of money, old fashioned and dangerous sending them in the post. Not to mention paying for the stress and inconvenience of having to try and contact them to find out what happened to them. They don't answer the phone or my emails.

20 hours ago, ogilson said:

I'm still waiting for tickets for 17th September. They said they would be delivered after 12th Feb. But nothing yet and no email with tracking number. Ridiculous waste of money, old fashioned and dangerous sending them in the post. Not to mention paying for the stress and inconvenience of having to try and contact them to find out what happened to them. They don't answer the phone or my emails.

I received my tickets for the first concert last week. I didn't get an e-mail beforehand, despite the fact that when ordering I think it was stated there would be one. 

However, what I have to say was kind of strange: on the outside of the envelope, on the address sticker, it clearly said "U2 tickets". And there was another line somewhere with something like "U2 Experience + Innocence". So anyone handling the envelopes would have known what was inside and THAT I think is really dangerous. Not everyone, unfortunately, is honest.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:34 PM, ogilson said:

I didn't get mine yet, but browsing through my emails I saw one I got the february 9th, asking me to confirm my address through a link before february 12th, to send me the ticket. I clicked the link but it didn't work. I sent an email to find out if they have sent it, or what do I have to do to confirm my address.

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca

I am really really worried about my ticket.

I received tons of emails from Chronopost through the process of delivery... Since it failed on the first try, I opted for a delivery in a PickUp point. They sent me an email telling me it was delivered there on the 1st of March, and since then I have been to the point THREE times to pick it up and they say the envelope isn't there.

They did not reply to the messages I sent I can't contact them by phone, the call drops every time....

Anyone having this issue?

On 12/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, Tatiana Monassa said:

I am really really worried about my ticket.

I received tons of emails from Chronopost through the process of delivery... Since it failed on the first try, I opted for a delivery in a PickUp point. They sent me an email telling me it was delivered there on the 1st of March, and since then I have been to the point THREE times to pick it up and they say the envelope isn't there.

They did not reply to the messages I sent I can't contact them by phone, the call drops every time....

Anyone having this issue?

No news and no answer to my email yet

I got an email from Blueticket today and they said that they had information from SEUR, the courier service, who said that my ticket would be returned to Blueticket, and when they arrive there, they will get in touch with me again.

It is weird because I didn't get any email or notification in the post from SEUR.

I hope I can go and get it anywhere, or to know when will it arrive.

Anyway I'm glad to know about my ticket.

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca

On 2018-3-29 at 10:47 AM, Tatiana Monassa said:

This is quite stressful...

I finally managed to grab them. They were in the pick-up all along, but the people there weren't looking right.

I hope you manage to get yours, @tan_lejos_tan_cerca

Thank you, Tatiana! I'm glad you got yours

I agree that no choice for an electronic ticket is insane.  Maybe the €45 was so they could print our names on the ticket.   ???

I got my ticket even though I did not read and respond to the email asking me to verify my address in time.

My ticket is for the first night.  So, if anyone has a GA ticket to sell for the second night (17 September), private message me, please.

???

* Erika

Edited by tfls

Hello guys,

I am really concerned reading all of your emails. I confirmed my address to Blueticket back in February but have heard nothing about the delivery of my tickets. Like many of you, I am sure, I have paid for all my travel and accommodation to Lisbon from France. Also there is no answer on the telephone number on the invoice and no-one is responding to my emails at Blueticket. Does anybody have any information on how to resolve this please?

10 hours ago, jeffers said:

Hello guys,

I am really concerned reading all of your emails. I confirmed my address to Blueticket back in February but have heard nothing about the delivery of my tickets. Like many of you, I am sure, I have paid for all my travel and accommodation to Lisbon from France. Also there is no answer on the telephone number on the invoice and no-one is responding to my emails at Blueticket. Does anybody have any information on how to resolve this please?

I’m assuming you have tried contacting them here: https://www.blueticket.pt/Contact/? Did you get any sort of email confirmation when you ordered your tickets. If so, have your order number ready. 

I see you mediators in action all the time on these forums, telling people what they can & can't do. Do you people carry no clout whatsoever when it comes to genuine fans basically being ripped off when they can't get tickets they've paid for. How about helping us real U2 fans!

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

I’m assuming you have tried contacting them here: https://www.blueticket.pt/Contact/? Did you get any sort of email confirmation when you ordered your tickets. If so, have your order number ready. 

Yes Mich, tried everything, hence my now slightly radical post. Got two emails, order no. & everything, not much use when you are unable to contact anyone. Worried & a tad pi$$ed off about this.

4 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I see you mediators in action all the time on these forums, telling people what they can & can't do. Do you people carry no clout whatsoever when it comes to genuine fans basically being ripped off when they can't get tickets they've paid for. How about helping us real U2 fans!

Yes Mich, tried everything, hence my now slightly radical post. Got two emails, order no. & everything, not much use when you are unable to contact anyone. Worried & a tad pi$$ed off about this.

I understand that you are upset. To answer your question, no, we do not have clout, pull, etc with the ticket purchases. Our job is strictly the Zootopia forums. Perhaps you could try to reach out to them via Facebook or Twitter and see if they will respond to you there. 

Thanks Mich. Already sent messages on email, Facebook, Twitter and tried calling the Blueticket venue in Portugal, which strangely, has been closed since the end of July and only re-opens on 1st September. Sounds even more suspicious to me ?