dazed and confused

Ticketing Rip Off The Band Need To Act

Justin Timberlake was at the United Center earlier and is also performing tomorrow night.  Tix were $275 up into the 300 level; the same as U2 and other big acts' promoters are now doing.  I found out that those $275 tix were discounted to $160 either today, or quite recently.  The show sold well.  The tix which remained were discounted.  I thought people might like to know this in case anyone is holding out for the day of the shows.  I could not be guaranteed this would happen for U2.  I was told it is also happening for other acts at venues.  FYI.   It makes sense.  Also-there are are still very good seats in the 200 level which are $171, in Chicago, if you search enough.  Some are one row behind seats which are $325.  FYI.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

On 3/25/2018 at 7:03 PM, Manohlive said:

I reacted very poorly to being quoted in this post. I took this gentleman's disagreeing with my comments personally.  I wrote something which I have since hidden. I want to apologize to Vertigojds for calling him out on how he quoted me.  I love this site because we can all say what we feel and not be judged. I mistook his feelings as a personal attack. I'm impatient  for the negativity which has invaded U2.com to dissipate. We should have gotten every single GA ticket before anyone and ESPECIALLY before slimeball scalpers.  The current system sucks. The 2017 vinyls got delayed and LN's customer service via U2.com sucked yet again. I regret what I said and how I said it. I wish to apologize to the U2.com community.  I value what I write.  I value, even more, what others write. If anyone else read my reply before I could hide it-I was being a jerk without knowing it.  I needed to defend the band and fumbled at it.  Vertigojds pmd me and apoligzed.  I apologized as well.  We discussed that Zootopians are in different places with trying to heal from being disrespected fans no matter how long we've subscribed or have not subscribed but now do.  I hope all of us can soon feel 100% good about the tour without the sting of LiveNation's business practices.  

I think you're a class act, and I appreciate the gesture - but I also want to be clear and say that I really don't think you owe me an apology for anything!  I enjoy reading your posts whenever I visit the forum and will continue to enjoy them.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, bigwave said:

good points. I know he is active on social media / at shows talking to fans at length, sometimes getting in touch directly on various things. 

I would be interested to hear if there has been any meaningful interaction with Mr Oseary recently. Obviously this is a busy time for him but nonetheless if any contact is being made it would be good to hear updates on what might be discussed in any such interaction.  The issue of GA 'queues' is an area that I feel could be addressed with him through the channel that was opened with the letter he was sent.

2 hours ago, dermo said:

Sadly they have already beaten this by the introduction of Platinum tickets - where they sell tickets to high demand concerts on the primary market at inflated prices....

• Like 1

With the closure of Seatwave we will just see loads more platinum tickets and expensive packages going on sale, so TM will still make their ripoff money another way. The one good thing that could come out of it though is that people don't pay these really high prices and then just before the show these tickets go back on sale on TM at regular prices. I've got front row tickets at the O2 for shows before by waiting until the last minute. You'd be surprised how much it happens. It's just a waiting game now if you don't get the tickets you want on the day they go on sale, you'll eventually get them if you just keep on trying every day at random times.

I am repeating previous posts, however; they discounted tickets which were reserved for Citibank and Platinum seats before the show.  I paid $106 for a $325 seat in Chicago.  It helps if you are willing to go alone.  Those are the first which got discounted; single seats.  Good luck.