Sign in to follow this  
afg

Getting tickets into the hands of the fans

Here is a foolproof solution to beat the brokers and get tickets into the hands of the fans.  I believe that someone else on this forum once suggested something similar to how airline tickets are sold.   Anyway, below is what Muse is doing for their upcoming show in Paris.  "Names will be printed on all tickets & you must show matching valid government identification to enter the venue. Name changes on tickets are prohibited."   If Ticketmaster did something like this for the sale of U2 tickets, or any other high demand show, they could also allow the ticket to be sold back to Ticketmaster under certain conditions to add a little flexibility for the fan.  Those tickets could then be made available to another fan.  I believe this would cover everything....selling out the shows, and getting the tickets into the hands of the fans.  Oh, I forgot one thing....Ticketmaster couldn't double and triple their profits through the secondary market of which they have a large share:angry:.

"Tickets will be available 17 February (tomorrow) at 10am CET. In an effort to combat touts there is a two ticket limit. In addition, names will be printed on all tickets & you must show matching valid government identification to enter the venue. Name changes on tickets are prohibited.
To purchase tickets, log in to the Muse.mu Members Section to retrieve your unique code. Please note that your unique code will not be visible until ONE HOUR before the on sale tomorrow. You must have been registered to the Muse.mu Members Section before 6 February 2018 to be eligible to receive a code."

Edited by afg

1 hour ago, redgavexile said:

Most foolproof way is for Governments to make it illegal for Ticketbastard & friends to do what they are doing

That's another possible solution, but I don't think that it would completely eliminate the problem.

Ticketmaster and live nation have no interest in fair ticket selling. They simply want to maximise the amount of profit they can extract from each ticket. 

They are touting tickets as variable priced platinum tickets depending on demand in the hope that some poor misguided fool will pay £500 for 2 hrs of entertainment! Someone must be buying these tickets. More fool them

• Upvote 1