Sign in to follow this  

Since it's the 30th anniversary of the release of the Rattle And Hum album this year (releasedate october 10th 1988), how about some Rattle And Hum songs on coming tour? And I don't mean the usual stuff like Angel Of Harlem, or Desire, but something like Hawkmoon 269, God Part 2 or Heartland would be great! I will be at the second Amsterdam show on october 8th, and it happens to be that I bought my copy of Rattle And Hum on saturday october 8th 1988, two days before it's official release. It was just before closing time, and the shop had it already on the shelves. So I simply got a copy of the album, went to the counter and bought it. So probably I was one of the first buyers of the album in The Netherlands! ;-) So it would be fantastic if they play some Rattle And Hum on the 30th anniversary of the day I bought Rattle And Hum!

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

5 hours ago, ronald_massink said:

I bought my copy of Rattle And Hum on saturday october 8th 1988, two days before it's official release.

Same thing happened to me with HTDAAB. A music shop had it on the shelves two days early, but $10 more than RRP of other stores. Went to another store to see if they had it cheaper, they said it wasn't out until the next week. So I went back to the other store and paid $10 more to get it two days early.

Back on topic, R&H is a criminally underrated album, some of the rarely played stuff would be welcomed.

• Like 2

When Rattle and Hum came out in theaters, we saw it twice on opening day, and again the next morning.

The original songs are incredible, and yes underrated. 

Desire is my favorite, but Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes to Town, All I Want is You, God Part II....lots of good stuff.

Here's hoping! 

• Like 1

Love Rescue Me., Hawkmoon, Van diemens land. If just one of these songs would be played on the night, it would be worth the entry fee alone

• Like 1

i  would be over the moon if they played some of  the lesser played songs on next  tour   from
R +h, hawkmmon...silver and gold, so  many  great   tunes.   
and  as  it  is  30  years  anniversary,how  about   a dvd of  a Lovetown gig, Sidney, ?
,,would  dearly love  to  see    a full  dvd official   one.

• Like 1

Freedom for My People!!

:)

• Like 1

I was recently telling a mate how jealous I was of him 'cause he got to see Hawkmoon on the Lovetown Tour. Think it was the first time they played it live too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, clapton is god said:

i  would be over the moon if they played some of  the lesser played songs on next  tour   from
R +h, hawkmmon...silver and gold, so  many  great   tunes.   
and  as  it  is  30  years  anniversary,how  about   a dvd of  a Lovetown gig, Sidney, ?
,,would  dearly love  to  see    a full  dvd official   one.

I saw the last show of the Lovetown Tour in Rotterdam, 10th january 1990. It should took place in december 1989 in RAI Amsterdam, but was cancelled then due to Bono having voiceproblems, so they had to set alternative dates for the Amsterdam shows. It was a great show! BB King was support act. The gig contained the best version of "Bad" ever, "Van Diemen's Land", "11 O'Clock Tick Tock", "Gloria", three songs together with BB King and his band ("Angel Of Harlem", "Love Rescue Me" and "When Love Comes To Town"), "People Get Ready" (with a fan out of the audience joining them on stage to play along on Bono's guitar), "All Along The Watchtower", they even played "Slow Dancing"! It was the last concert before they went to "dream it all up again" which resulted in the "Achtung Baby era". One of the best gigs I saw of them, maybe the best! The full show is on youtube. Since it's filmed out of the audience, probably with a VHS or Video 8 camera, the quality is not so good, but the sound quality is okay.

Edited by ronald_massink
  • Like 1