jmjmchip

Mini golf with U2 and the winner is:

Give it up for Paul G. from East Amherst, NY! He’ll play mini golf and drink a not-so-mini pint with U2 backstage, all before watching the band do what they do best: rock out live in concert. 

Hey Paul...hoping you are a U2.com member...I am so wanting to be your new best friend and I bet we have a lot in common ;)
Look to be about the same age...fan since 1980 here, how about you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got my email about that too.  Congratulations to him.  I'm sure he is going to have quite a bit of fun.

• Like 1

Ha great idea to try to be his new best friend, LOL!  I know the chances are so slim....but...I was still sad it was not ME!!!  I can't think of anything else I would want in life. I have a good spouse and healthy kids and a roof over my head, so hanging out with U2 is pretty much the only other thing I would ever want.  Have fun, Paul!!!

Trying to picture U2 playing mini golf is fun.  I can't imagine how excited he must be.  Congrats, Paul G.

Not me! LOL But I can't complain. I hope he enjoys himself and that the donations people put forth to enter are rightfully distributed to the people who need it.

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2018 at 10:18 PM, JCF said:

Ha great idea to try to be his new best friend, LOL!  I know the chances are so slim....but...I was still sad it was not ME!!!  I can't think of anything else I would want in life. I have a good spouse and healthy kids and a roof over my head, so hanging out with U2 is pretty much the only other thing I would ever want.  Have fun, Paul!!!

Right on! My world is similar...very blessed in life and family!

I did get to meet B&E in 2009 outside the Letterman show...tall guy black leather jacket that unbeknownst to me, I was being filmed by a random fan's friend and I think they were right next to me. A bit embarrassingly, I played a few of my man cards..."I Love You Bono" as he walked away from me and I then later shouted, "Can I get a man hug?!" There are times when I feel like I am still 15 when I listen to or connect with U2. My daughter (12 at the time) and I were front row, touching the e stage in New York right by Edge's guitar rack and had 'moments' with both Adam and Edge...the shrug and quirky smile that Edge gave me asI applauded loudly after one of the few performances of Lucifer's Hands...LOVE these guys and as many have said, U2 is TRULY the soundtrack and the musical landscape of my life.

Edited by jmjmchip

2 hours ago, gorms said:

Yes I am on here! Ive been a fan since around 1983, thanks to my brother.

My wife and I are still in shock...never in a million years expected to be selected.  This is most definitely a bucket list item to remember forever.  We still haven’t gotten all the details of when this will happen.   Hopefully, we will be able to hold it together and have a normal conversation without seeming too starstruck.   Thanks for the well wishes!  

Paul

Congratulations, Paul!! That is just so great, that you have been a fan since 1983 and get to have this experience with them. Tell us how it goes after it happens!!

2 hours ago, gorms said:

My wife and I are still in shock...never in a million years expected to be selected.  This is most definitely a bucket list item to remember forever.  We still haven’t gotten all the details of when this will happen.   Hopefully, we will be able to hold it together and have a normal conversation without seeming too starstruck.   Thanks for the well wishes!  

Paul

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Please let us know how it goes when it happens!

On 15/03/2018 at 11:31 PM, gorms said:

Paul

Oh my word that’s amazing.  Congratulations.  Like winning the lottery!  I think I’d crumble and be too starstruck but what a once in a lifetime thing to do.  Please post photos and tell everyone how it went!  

On 16.3.2018 at 12:31 AM, gorms said:

Paul

Congratulations, super happy for you :)  Enjoy your time with them and let us know a bit how the day went by! Have tons of fun and drink a pint for us too :D it should definitely help against being too starstruck B)

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2018 at 11:31 PM, gorms said:

Paul

Congratulations.  Great that a member won.

Edited by dermo

On 3/15/2018 at 6:31 PM, gorms said:

Paul

OH MY GOSH.  Please, please, please keep us posted.  Pics would be awesome.  I am still trying to picture U2 playing mini-golf.  It's so silly it's brilliant.  I hope you have a great time and congratulations.  Wow.  It's so cool that someone from U2.com won.  I repeating what others have said but how cool!   Congrats.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:31 PM, gorms said:

Paul

YAY! Nice to virtually meet you Paul and congrats again!

Best of luck holding it together as I clearly did not!

Cheers~

On 3/19/2018 at 4:07 AM, chulia83 said:

Congratulations, super happy for you :)  Enjoy your time with them and let us know a bit how the day went by! Have tons of fun and drink a pint for us too :D it should definitely help against being too starstruck B)

This is happening this Saturday in Nashville!  We definitely are playing mini golf before the show.  I’ll post a rundown and any pics as soon as I’m able.

We can’t wait!

• Like 4

So exciting!! Have fun! Can’t wait to hear!

On 5/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, gorms said:

This is happening this Saturday in Nashville!  We definitely are playing mini golf before the show.  I’ll post a rundown and any pics as soon as I’m able.

We can’t wait!

Nice - congrats to you and can’t wait to hear all about it!! 

I hear it happened last night. Looking forward to seeing some pics!!

On 3/15/2018 at 7:31 PM, gorms said:

Paul

3 hours ago, nyru2 said:

I hear it happened last night. Looking forward to seeing some pics!!

I agree! Pics please!

Thanks for sharing!  I have had many dreams of random social interactions with various members of the band -- yours was actually true!  That's so lovely to hear about them, how they were into it. I have never, ever heard any reports of any of the 4 of them being rude to fans. They are just such genuinely nice men, in addition to being blindingly talented/hardworking.  Did someone set up the course outside the venue, or did you meet at an actual mini golf place?  Can't wait for the pic or two.  Good for you for not spending the night taking pics, but just experiencing it.  

Did you finish the game?? Who won???? LOL  

They had a private area set up backstage with a couple of “putting greens” and food and drinks.   It was great.

We played both holes.  Bono made sure we played both and was making sure of everyone’s score. It was pretty funny.  Techincally, Edge won!   

• Haha 2

Ah, that makes sense. Backstage.  I love that Bono was making sure of everyone's score. He seems so hilarious.  And I find it funny that Larry didn't play - I think I remember him saying in some interviews that he would never, ever play golf. Maybe he meant it?

• Like 1