jmjmchip

Mini golf with U2 and the winner is:

Sounds amazing! It would have been a hoot to have them at one of those mega mini-putt places-- the kind with the pirate ship and all! But I'm positive their time is pretty budgeted right now. Glad the guys were into doing it.
I guess Larry is really sticking to that "No golf" rule! I knew he was hardcore LOL

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing your story. Great to hear that a couple of true fans got to enjoy this great experience. You’re the kind of folks I always hope win those Omaze contests. 

Edited by ballardmama
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, gorms said:

These are the two pics I have.  The group shot and then the one I took of my wife and Bono.  When I get the ones from the photographer  I will post if I’m allowed to.     This was so awesome...can’t stop smiling!  

792457B6-9D53-440E-9E16-66C92254F09C.jpeg

C2F08D55-F31D-4CC3-A8E6-46A2082DD5A5.jpeg

I love the group shot - the way Bono is standing, looks like he thinks he won the game!  

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, gorms said:

i will say that it was a blur.  The guys were so friendly and genuine.  All four came in.  Larry didn’t stick around for mini golf but he was really cordial.  Bono ,Edge and Adam all seemed so happy to do this!   They were really into the mini golf too!  

We were with them for about 20 minutes or so right before the show started.  All the things we thought we wanted to ask sort of went out the window when they walked in. We were overwhelmed but they are so easy to talk with.   It was like hanging out at a party and talking.  

At one point my wife was talking with Adam to one side and I was telling a story to Bono and Edge and it hit me who I was talking to!  I’m not even sure what I was saying at that point but they appeared interested!   

It was an amazing night.  We were treated like gold by people from Omaze, RED, the U2 Crew we met and especially the band.   And what a great show!  

I only took two pics w my phone as I didn’t want to spend the whole night doing that instead of trying to enjoy the moment.  U2 had a photographer and video guy there and I will get those pics at some point. 

My wife got her long dreamed of photo with Bono though!  I will post pics soon. 

So cool, congrats again!!

• Like 1

Wonderful to read 😍

so happy for you, the pictures are very sweet :) glad you had such a great day and very cool the whole band got to hang out with you! 

Of course Edge won this, not even surprising :D 

I can only imagine how it must feel when you realize who you are taking to... I don’t know if I could think straight if this would ever happen to me 😳

• Like 1