Sign in to follow this  
gertrude13

U2- You Should Be Ashamed And Embarrassed At Charging So Much For Tickets

$325 FOR A SEAT TO YOUR SHOW!!!!! $200 AND SOMETHING FOR SEATS BEHIND THE STAGE!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU????? GREED!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

U2 literally have no say in what they charge for ticket prices. Its all up to LiveNation. End off. 

That is not true! Where do you get your information from????

Its common knowledge. Where do you get your information from? Do you really think the four of them sit around the table at dinner, and decide where they want to tour, which cities they want to go to, whether its stadiums or arenas, how many nights, and then after all that, they work out how much they need to price the tickets so they can make a profit or break even? Of course not. It's completely out of the bands control. They signed a deal with LiveNation giving them all the rights for their tours, look it up. LiveNation are the ones who work out where they're going to tour, how many nights are profitable, the tour schedule, and then the pricing of the tickets so they can cover the cost and make a tidy profit too. LiveNation are the ones who negotiate a deal with all the promoters, sponsors, arenas - who all take a share of the tickets. So naturally, LiveNation would increase prices so they can make more money as promoters and arenas demand bigger shares. LiveNation have also taken control over U2's merchandise, but no one buys music anymore because of streaming services, so they charge more for tickets to cover the money lost on people not buying music like they did 10 years ago. To think U2 actually have a say in what they charge for tickets after they've signed all the touring rights off to LiveNation is ludicrous. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

Do you really think the four of them sit around the table at dinner, and decide where they want to tour, which cities they want to go to, whether its stadiums or arenas, how many nights, and then after all that, they work out how much they need to price the tickets so they can make a profit or break even? Of course not.

Were you here when the website got updated for NLOTH and users had trouble logging in? It was like they thought Larry was plugging and unplugging ethernet cables while Edge was coding.

• Haha 2

There was never this level of packages available before Livenation. There was only ever GA, plus maybe one or 2 seating options, which weren't too much more than the GA tickets. Since Livenation took over major artists like Madonna and then U2 there has been soooo many packages available at lots of extra cost. I think Livenation makes all the money on those, apart from the Redzone. At least U2 still do standing GA, Madonna does floor seating and there's probably 5 price levels on the floor alone.

The only good thing about them charging loads for the packages is that quite often they don't get sold and they put them back on TM just before the concert at regular prices. I think a lot of this will happen on the new tour, between expensive packages not being sold and touting sites like viagogo and seatwave not selling lots of tickets as they are charging too much. I'm trying to get a GA/RZ for LA2 at the moment and there are loads of seats still left for that show, whole blocks in parts of the arena.On the tout sites there are thousands of seats and GA/RZ available. Makes you wonder how many tickets are actually in the hands of fans at this stage.

I'll just bide my time and I will get what I want. Always works out in the end :)

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, sukhjitkamal said:

U2 literally have no say in what they charge for ticket prices. Its all up to LiveNation. End off. 

Complete Rubbish..

Of course they do, they have the ultimate sign off. The key thing on this tour I would suggest is taking the margin that the  Scalpers were getting for I+E and taking it back into U2 Inc, TM  and LN.  Effectively pricing some tickets at "market rate".

However it looks like it has backfired in US, and there seems to be tickets drops coming up very regularly. 

Europe seems to be more fairly priced, (after seeing US shambles) and tickets have sold much better.

• Like 2

U2 really have no say in the prices. If they wanted them lowered, LiveNation would just laugh at them. They own all the rights to U2 tours.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, sukhjitkamal said:

U2 really have no say in the prices. If they wanted them lowered, LiveNation would just laugh at them. They own all the rights to U2 tours.

Stop running your mouth. You're making yourself look foolish!

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, sukhjitkamal said:

5 hours ago, gertrude13 said:

Stop running your mouth. You're making yourself look foolish!

Says the one who thinks U2 have final say on ticket prices. Please provide me with information that can back up your point. Even bands performing in O2 Academies have no say. Its all up to the promoters. Research it. Educate yourself. 

I got seats for abt $100 each, GAs for about the same. Concerts and merch are the way artists make $$. We can imagine that U2 is a non-profit organization but there has NEVER been any proof of them being anything except a very profitable rock band/corporation. 

They(the U2 business organization) agreed to allow LiveNation to make the calls on ticket prices and it's a racket and we all know it. We decide if we participate or not. It's the reality of the situation. 

Don't like the ticket prices? Wait for the Blu-ray to come out.