Sign in to follow this  
russpm

Where to stay in or out of San Jose

Hey,

I'm flying in to San Jose on 6 May leaving 10 May and wondering if to stay in San Jose or Santa Cruz for the 4 nights. From what I have read there isn't too much to do as a tourist in SJ. I have stayed in San Francisco before so want to stay somewhere different. It looks a short drive to SJ from SC to get in and out for the U2 shows.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as am visiting from the UK.

thanks

There’s so much to do in San Jose. Great theatres if you like plays (San Jose Stage); Museums (SJ Museum of Modern Art); also you can head over to Santa Cruz and explore the coast, with beautiful places for hiking (Pescadeo, Half Moon Bay).  Plus if you’re an Apple fanatic you could explore Cupertino. But SJ is certainly not boring!  Monterey and Carmel are wonderful places to consider too. 

33 minutes ago, thedrummer said:

There’s so much to do in San Jose. Great theatres if you like plays (San Jose Stage); Museums (SJ Museum of Modern Art); also you can head over to Santa Cruz and explore the coast, with beautiful places for hiking (Pescadeo, Half Moon Bay).  Plus if you’re an Apple fanatic you could explore Cupertino. But SJ is certainly not boring!  Monterey and Carmel are wonderful places to consider too. 

Hey thank you thedrummer, much appreciated, Russ

• Haha 1

Hi russpm,

I feel like driving to Santa Cruz via curve highway 17 late night after concert is not a good idea. Don't forget also about Bay Area's traffic.

I would stay somewhere walking distance to the venue. There are many things to do around. You can also take Caltrain to visit Google campus and see Android statues  in Mountain View or other Tech Companies like Apple :)

West Coast is beautiful also. Nice places to visit:  Carmel-by-the-Sea , Fizdgerald Marine Reserve, Half Moon Bay etc

• Like 1

If I was coming all the way from UK, I would recommend getting out of San Jose and explore around SF area, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Napa, Sonoma in your free time. Time much better spent! I'm not saying SJ doesn't have much but limited exciting things to do. Depends what you're into and want to do. Be sure to give yourself time to travel/commute around. Bay area traffic is horrible during peek hours. 

Edited by Richvondeez

10 hours ago, anna_boykova said:

Hi russpm,

I feel like driving to Santa Cruz via curve highway 17 late night after concert is not a good idea. Don't forget also about Bay Area's traffic.

I would stay somewhere walking distance to the venue. There are many things to do around. You can also take Caltrain to visit Google campus and see Android statues  in Mountain View or other Tech Companies like Apple :)

West Coast is beautiful also. Nice places to visit:  Carmel-by-the-Sea , Fizdgerald Marine Reserve, Half Moon Bay etc

Hi anna_boykova,

Thank you for your tips and advice, it is much appreciated ?.

Russ

6 minutes ago, Richvondeez said:

If I was coming all the way from UK, I would recommend getting out of San Jose and explore around SF area, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Napa, Sonoma in your free time. Time much better spent! I'm not saying SJ doesn't have much but limited exciting things to do. Depends what you're into and want to do. Be sure to give yourself time to travel/commute around. Bay area traffic is horrible during peek hours. 

Hi Richvondeez,

Thany you for this, all things considered I am going to spend 1 night in SJ for convenience for the concert and the rest around Santa Cruz so I can explore the coast. Great advice, thanks again.

Russ

• Like 2

On 3/13/2018 at 1:04 AM, russpm said:

Hi Richvondeez,

Thany you for this, all things considered I am going to spend 1 night in SJ for convenience for the concert and the rest around Santa Cruz so I can explore the coast. Great advice, thanks again.

Russ

Have a wonderful time. It's a beautiful area to visit!

I'll be heading to Monterey after SJ. I'm so looking forward to it. I've been so many times and still enjoy trips to the area. ❤️❤️??