U2Community

What's Your Be Attitude?

On 06/04/2018 at 9:36 PM, surferdad said:

Blessed are the drummers for they will never have the burden of leading a band.

Phil Collins....... 

mind you I don’t think the be attitudes were in the book of Genesis........

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This is great if you haven’t seen it Pissed U2 taking the piss out of Phil Collins at the Billboard awards

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 4/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, bigwave said:

have asked for a check on whether other format sound files are getting through.. (mp4's etc). 

On 4/9/2018 at 11:34 AM, dmway said:

Thank you very much! I know there are very many here who would appreciate it - myself included.

...any more news?

2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

This is great if you haven’t seen it Pissed U2 taking the piss out of Phil Collins at the Billboard awards

:lol: Drunk U2! A classic! 

• Brilliant 2

On 4/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, ramsatw said:

The real Beatitudes (Be Attitudes) were things like: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. The blessings of Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount.

What! Are you copying me? Ok, well, I'm copying Sting?

Blessed are the Rock Stars?, for they shall have poetic justice.?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2018 at 5:11 PM, Shannon387 said:

LMAO.  I remember watching that and thinking how awkward it was.  Even the bartender says, "I'm not that old.".  I'd love to know the backstory and anything else associated with this.  That is so fricking funny.  I completely forgot about it.  Adam says, "We have modern technology."  Hysterical.  I completely forgot.  Thank you so much.  I'm gonna be chuckling all evening.  Poor Phil.  Blessed are those who can think on their feel whilst interviewing U2 during a night of drinking at a bar in Ireland after defining rock tours for the modern age. 

Edited by Manohlive

On 4/7/2018 at 11:51 PM, Shannon387 said:

It gave me a verification that it went thru so if you didnt get one I would assume yours didnt go thru. Id resubmit, if your able to.

What kind of verification did you receive?  Was it an email?  Or just after you hit SUBMIT, it told you it went thru?  Now I'm worried I messed up.

Blessed to all the cardiac surgeon's who loose a child and can carry on. ?

Blessed to all the cardiac surgeon's who save a child.  ?

Blessed are those who get turned down by 4 Universities (Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS ). For they now get to think for themselves.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, Shannon387 said:

THAT was so so cool ! Thanks.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, bigwave said:

have asked for a check on whether other format sound files are getting through.. (mp4's etc). 

On 4/9/2018 at 11:34 AM, dmway said:

Thank you very much! I know there are very many here who would appreciate it - myself included.

On 4/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, dmway said:

...any more news?

@bigwave

Sorry to bring this up again, but it has been 8 days since the last query.

I guess you haven't received any response then? Should those who think they may have been adversely affected just try to resubmit? Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

I finally finished my Be Attitude.  I do not know how to upload an mp3 file, leave alone create one.  Can I do it on my phone?  Any help would be appreciated.  I looked on the internet and could make no sense of it all.  

Edited by Manohlive

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I finally finished my Be Attitude.  I do not know how to upload an mp3 file, leave alone create one.  Can I do it on my phone?  Any help would be appreciated.  I looked on the internet and could make no sense of it all.  

Yes you can.... here you can find a few how tos:

https://www.wikihow.com/Record-Audio-on-a-Mobile-Phone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Yes you can.... here you can find a few how tos:

https://www.wikihow.com/Record-Audio-on-a-Mobile-Phone

I just share it with U2.com?  I use a voice recorder all the time for writing.  I've never uploaded anything.   I did not realize those are mp3s.  I've never done anything with them save type out the text.  So I just share it to U2.com? 

Edited by Manohlive

49 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I just share it with U2.com?  I use a voice recorder all the time for writing.  I've never uploaded anything.   I did not realize those are mp3s.  I've never done anything with them save type out the text.  So I just share it to U2.com? 

Yes... once you have your audio saved in MP3 format, please go to http://www.u2.com/news/title/whats-your-be-attitude/news/.

There, scroll until you find the Be Attitude Uploader. Fill it with your information and in the "Upload your audio file here" box, click the OPEN button. Find your MP3 file and select it. Once it appears on the box, click the red SUBMIT button.

Please remember that by submitting your Be Attitude or by uploading media through that form, you are giving the production team permission to use it, free and gratis, in any way the creative muse leads them...

• Thanks 1

I get mixed up but I never mix up giving up my intellectual property, Max.  I was aware. I appreciate you mentioning that.  Thanks.  I'm still hoping they hit Mexico for this tour.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Blessed are the goats, for they are always horny!

You leave very temptuous barbs, Doc.  Once again, I'm a pig. I've a dozen jokes I cannot use.   Blessed are those who have obscene jokes but do not use them so others are not offended?   I see no horns. It must be a llama.

Edited by Manohlive

On 4/15/2018 at 5:58 PM, DeirdreBell said:

What kind of verification did you receive?  Was it an email?  Or just after you hit SUBMIT, it told you it went thru?  Now I'm worried I messed up.

It was a verification that it went thru after I submitted.

This thread quickly faded into obscurity.  I'm wondering what they are doing with the Be Attitudes.  Are they being incorporated into the shows?  It would be cool if we, as fans, could read what others wrote on U2.com.  I'd love love to read them all.

I was too close to the catwalk to care about the screen anyway, but I've also heard that the Beattitudes somehow faded into obscurity. 

FWIW, I wore a T-shirt with my "Blessed are the Fans" entry, and Bono was complimentary about it when I met him in the "handshake/autograph/photo" line in the afternoon before the show.

• Like 1

"Blessed are the WINE Makers ... and the WINE Drinkers" (germany ... Paris France)

......... Eh Bono this is my B Attitude !!!

And It's Not because I'm just living near Bordeaux !!

U22-2.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Edited by electricco