Sign in to follow this  
lukylsp

First time in St. Louis

Flying in from opening night in Tulsa, my first time in St. Louis. Locals shout out to places to eat, drink, see and do (record stores especially). Just over a month out!

Vintage Vinyl on Delmar street is a great record store. The arch is worth going to at least once if you have never been. If you like Italian food check out an area called the hill. Fried Ravoli is also a Stl food that most resturants and bars will have. Stl style pizza with provel cheese is also good. The St. Louis zoo and science center are also free if you are into that. 

Plenty of grod breweries in town, if you like bier! I'd suggest Urban Chestnut, Four Hands, or Schlafly. Central West End of the city is a great place with restaurants and outdoor dining.The Loop on Delmar is also cool area where Vintage Vinyl(best record store in town) is located. If you're staying downtown, check out Washington Avenue for food and drink. Enjoy your time in STL. I'll be on the floor with my kids and wife!

Correction jsnltt, its not Fried Ravioli its Toasted Ravioli :D

Anyone getting together for pre show drinks? Where is a good place to meet close to Arena?

There is not much around Scottrade anymore.   There is a Hard Rock down the street at Union Station.   But, Ballpark Village down the street across from Busch Stadium will be a big meet up location.  After the concert, U2 HYPE will be playing a show.

Is U2 HYPE a cover band? Those scare me! :)

I don't want to eat at HRC - are there any gastropub type places that would work before the show that are LYFT-able distance from Scottrade?

There's a restaurant called Alumni STL pretty close to Scottrade Center. I think the food is pretty solid and the bar usually has good local beers. Can also walk over to places on Washington Avenue. A very quick Lyft ride you can go to Schlafly's Tap Room. Plenty of places around town.

Enjoy your stay.

One week from today!! Stoked!

it's worth noting that the Cardinals are in town playing a game that night vs their main rival the Chicago Cubs, so downtown should be hopping. A few blocks East of Scottrade Center on Clark St, across from the baseball stadium is Ballpark Village, which should be jammed with U2 and baseball fans. Around Scottrade Center there's not a whole lot near by but within walking distance (it's supposed to be a nice day with sunny skies and temps in the 70's) there is The Hard Rock, Maggie O'Brien's, Sybergs, Schlafly Tap Room, Maurizio's, Alumni. If you have a car I'd recommend a visit to Pappys Smokehouse on Olive near St. Louis Univ. or Bogart's Smokehouse on 9th St in the Soulard neighborhood. The Soulard area also has a lot of bars that may be running shuttles to and from the show

Edited by JeffMacchi

Thanks everyone. I’m still in Tulsa recovering from last nights show but flying in early tomorrow AM. If there is an official/unofficial U2 pre or post party please post that here, too.