U2Community

'Augment Your Reality'

Got tickets for the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour ? Download the App now.

View the full article

I just received email to try the new U2 App and was soo amazingly surprised. I love them. The best start up ever :) 

ABACEFE5-E113-4E12-8367-234D8D37625E.png

1514C3A2-0115-4AA2-B519-2702A8D4A680.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s very cool. Had Bono on my floor. 

1874ADB7-2FC6-4FD8-BD59-5AB4728D4006.jpeg

• Haha 1

I also downloaded the app and focused on the album and what a nice surprise! I think one of the best U2 show production teasers, and I've been trying to stay away from written teasers online right now until next week when I see it with fresh eyes!

Downloaded the App fine but so far had no luck with my Android 7 Motorola phone.  Held the phone in front of an image of the SOE Album cover, then waited for the blue loading line go across the screen but after around 75% i get kicked out and taken back to my phone's home screen.  Is anyone else encountering the same/similar issue?:(

I have the same problem, Carlos.

When it's loading, the app closes.

My phone is Android Samsung (SM-A310M/DS).

Anyone can help?

That was trippy!

:wacko:

:lol:

It’s always a struggle to put the self phone away and be present at the show (Actual Reality!) but it sounds like they’re limiting it to the intro and 1st song. So...I guess I’ll take my phone out just a little bit.  Of course I didn’t see the email till I left for work so no album handy to try the app. Might hunt down a record store at lunch!

37 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

It’s always a struggle to put the self phone away and be present at the show (Actual Reality!) but it sounds like they’re limiting it to the intro and 1st song. So...I guess I’ll take my phone out just a little bit.  Of course I didn’t see the email till I left for work so no album handy to try the app. Might hunt down a record store at lunch!

It works on just the image.

I did a google search, and it triggered the effect.

• Like 1

I now feel like an idiot as I spent 20 minutes last night trying to get this to work and then gave up.  Came here and see some people having the same problem I had and seeing others with success.  Reading how some people said to just point at any image of the album cover even online makes it work, I then realized my problem.  I was pointing at the outside of my vinyl box set.  it is very cool design but it is NOT the album cover!  LOL!  Works great when you point it at the actual album cover, should be an interesting start of the show with everyone looking at their phones.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Richvondeez said:

I also downloaded the app and focused on the album and what a nice surprise! I think one of the best U2 show production teasers, and I've been trying to stay away from written teasers online right now until next week when I see it with fresh eyes!

I agree - this looks quite nice!

I'm not the biggest fan of having my phone out during parts of the show (when I'm at a show, I am at the show - that's all I really want to be concentrating on completely with my own eyes and ears, nothing else); however, for short bursts of the show, and since this app is really making us part of the show, I'm good with it.

Bring on the tour! B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmway said:

I agree - this looks quite nice!

I'm not the biggest fan of having my phone out during parts of the show (when I'm at a show, I am at the show - that's all I really want to be concentrating on completely with my own eyes and ears, nothing else); however, for short bursts of the show, and since this app is really making us part of the show, I'm good with it.

Bring on the tour! B)

I am not a fan of cell phones at shows either.  Once again, we concur. No offense to those whomever likes their phones. For Twenty One Pilots, at the UC in Chicago, I had my phone sitting on my left leg. I was in the first row of a 200 level section.  I stood up and forgot about my phone. It flew down a whole section. (mortifyingly funny, I thought)  I then proceeded to do the same thing a second time that evening...about twenty minutes later. (not a hole on this Earth small enough for me to hide) :ph34r:  It is pretty much impossible to send one's cell phone flying, such as I did, at not attract attention. I don't like attention in public.  I stopped bring my phone into venues.  I need to come up with a cool way of tying it around my neck or something as this is the first show I will actually need my phone since my TOP buffoonery.

That image of Bono popping out like that looked really cool.  I was about to turn it off when it stopped.   It seems we have the opening of the show.  I'm am very excited.

• Like 1

Yes I Agree with everyone I would normally snap a few pictures for posterity and then put the phone away for the show.

With so many of us (presumably) doing this at the beginning of the show, it will be a fun group exercise. 

But then yes, put your phones away people! Live in the moment!

:lol:

• Like 2

I concur. I absolutely hate phones at gigs as it utterly ruins it for everyone around them. Hopefully the AR will be stunning and then people will get back to living in the moment (that they can’t get out of ) with U2

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Awesome app and floating Bono head - I love it !! What will they think of next ... to be continued ....

I too had trouble with the app. I have an android. Restarted my phone and it worked fine. Pretty cool!  Really excited for the show in St. Louis next Friday.

Will the app work if you do not have the iPhone 6 and above, running iOS 10+, or on the Samsung S6 and above, running Android 7+?  I have a Motorola G5 running Android 7 but can't get the app to work properly.

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Will the app work if you do not have the iPhone 6 and above, running iOS 10+, or on the Samsung S6 and above, running Android 7+?  I have a Motorola G5 running Android 7 but can't get the app to work properly.

I know your question is geared towards the Android and I think @Max Tsukino might can answer that, but I’ll go ahead and add the IPhone specs according to the App Store here: 

A313C04F-EF37-493C-A5F7-08DA81798806.jpeg

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

I know your question is geared towards the Android and I think @Max Tsukino might can answer that, but I’ll go ahead and add the IPhone specs according to the App Store here: 

A313C04F-EF37-493C-A5F7-08DA81798806.jpeg

Thank you and look forward to hearing from Max in due course regarding compatible Android phones.

On 24/4/2018 at 2:23 PM, febottini said:

When it's loading, the app closes.

[...]

Same here.
Maybe my phone is too old... :unsure: [SM-G531F]

What specific permissions MUST you give this app to run; which ones can you deny?

44 minutes ago, sped said:

What specific permissions MUST you give this app to run; which ones can you deny?

permissions.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Thank you and look forward to hearing from Max in due course regarding compatible Android phones.

The information about Android phones is just limited to the "Samsung S6 and above, and Android 7+" part... no other detail about it, I'm afraid...

but there's something strange: I'm using a ZTE ZMax Pro running Android 6.0.1 ... so far, the app has worked without any noticeable hiccup...