Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

'Augment Your Reality'

Thanks Max, really odd.  Mines a Motorola G5 running Android 7 but still no luck.  Held the phone in front of an image of the SOE Album cover and then a physical copy of the album, then waited for the blue loading line go across the screen but after around 75% I get kicked out and taken back to my phone's home screen. 

I'll keep trying and fingers crossed an update to the app will issue in the not too distant future. 

new troubleshooting thread for the app : 

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/39007-u2-experience-ar-app-issues-fixes-tips-experiences/

I'm on Android LG G6. Not sure of the version, but probably latest since I only got it last fall. App works for me. My issues are more about the user experience. It's very slow to load once you hit start. If it's like that when the show starts (or whatever time we're supposed to aim at the screen is), it will be frustrating and feel like I'm missing part of the experience. 

Another problem is that once the scene finishes, there's no clear way to exit and/or restart it. In the meantime, it just keeps sucking on the battery until I force quit. There should be an X or some form of clear exit to close. 

Final issue, it only shows the most recent photo I've snapped. It would be helpful to see all of them - or at least all the ones I took in that session so I can show friends right away. Instead, I have to quit the app and go to my phone's gallery.  Oh, one more thing - it would be very cool to be able to share a photo to social media straight away - imagine the stream of photos hitting social as the show starts!

On 4/25/2018 at 4:34 AM, mich40 said:

I know your question is geared towards the Android and I think @Max Tsukino might can answer that, but I’ll go ahead and add the IPhone specs according to the App Store here: 

A313C04F-EF37-493C-A5F7-08DA81798806.jpeg

Thanks, mich40!

How can we save the pictures we take with the app?

We have there a camera button but couldn't manage to save any pictures

57 minutes ago, LSMelo said:

How can we save the pictures we take with the app?

We have there a camera button but couldn't manage to save any pictures

What kind of phone do you have?

If you have an iPhone with a "home" button, press the button on the upper right-side of your phone and the home button at the same time. That takes a screen shot of your screen.

Other iPhones are done similarly - I have no idea with Android.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:16 AM, Carlos said:

Thanks Max, really odd.  Mines a Motorola G5 running Android 7 but still no luck.  Held the phone in front of an image of the SOE Album cover and then a physical copy of the album, then waited for the blue loading line go across the screen but after around 75% I get kicked out and taken back to my phone's home screen. 

I'll keep trying and fingers crossed an update to the app will issue in the not too distant future. 

FYI:  I know someone else who was having the same problem.  It was his signal or wifi not being strong enough. The app timed out, or something, but his phone did not inform him.  I wish I could give you more info.  It worked when he tried it elsewhere.  I hope you figure it out and it works for your phone.

Edited by Manohlive

On 4/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, Manohlive said:

FYI:  I know someone else who was having the same problem.  It was his signal or wifi not being strong enough. The app timed out, or something, but his phone did not inform him.  I wish I could give you more info.  It worked when he tried it elsewhere.  I hope you figure it out and it works for your phone.

Thanks. Will give that a go but its probably an issue with the CPU in my phone.