So great to hear All Because of You!  And finally...a song from Pop! Love it.  Interesting choices to put so much of SOI in there...wouldn't have been my choices but I get it, thematically...brave of them to not do a single thing from JT, not even Streets.....only 50 more days to seeing it all live myself starting in Boston!  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Heather S said:

Really? A terrible set list?  Totally disagree....they spent a whole summer playing The Joshua Tree last year....why on earth would they play them again with all the other ‘classics’ waiting to be played.  I am thrilled by this set list and can’t wait - biggest disappointment for me is lack of Red Flag Day and I was hoping for a few others from War/October.  Surprised they included the elevation/vertigo duo again but then again, nothing gets the crowds going like those so I am now counting down the months until September in Europe.  

Yeah but they also spent that whole summer playing SBS, Pride, Elevation, and One...

Whilst there will be a few changes here and there I guess this is what we will all get but I'm hoping there will be other songs from RAH, Zooropa and NLOTH played at some point.

I'm still a little disappointed there's no 'Streets' but agree it's a brave setlist to say the least.

Maybe if they release dates for countries not yet played on the last 2 tours they will include songs from TJT?

Also, has anyone noticed that the last 4/5 songs of set 1 is exactly the same as the I & E tour 3 years ago?

just watched acrobat on youtube it was awful as i thought it would be  as its rubbish anyway and couldnt understand the clammer for it to be played ,hold me kiss me was even worse what a terrible version.Personally looks like i am  finally going to save some serious money missing the first tour since i travelled to germany  on unforgetable fire tour.Had they been brilliant i would have rued selling my tickets for manchester and london but now so glad i did after suspecting it would go even further down hill than the innocence tour which was their worst ever .

I'm not the one writing in this forum frequently but i have to admit that for a brave setlist like this one the missing track is Streets. I'm sorry guys but I disagree that they didn't play Streets because of the TJT tour, this song is their symbol, it is a pillar of each show, it cannot be skipped, especially if you keep other songs like vertigo, Elevation and you include a useless song like All because of you. I really like to think that the show will evolve and streets will  be back there in its place, the moment of the show where the youngest and oldest fan meet together surrounded by the red lights everywhere. Streets MUST be always there. Many people paid very expensive tickets for those 5 minutes. Please put it back Streets and make our dreams coming true again.

• Brilliant 2

When is the last time the did a show and NOT played WTSHNN?  Im bummed that its not in the set. I would have taken that over Beautiful Day for sure. 

6 hours ago, dmway said:

WAIT!

No mention was made by anyone about the "Be Attitudes".

Did they feature in the show, and, if so, how?

I saw someone tweet that they had used hers. Not sure yet where or how they were used. 

• Thanks 1

That setlist looks great to me...

Since we're seeing them back to back nights, hopefully we'll get most of the substitutions as well (The Showman, Gloria).

Looks like a great night. Hope everyone got home safe and sound, and doesn't have to work today!

?

Cheers.

Hey all. The show was once again amazing. A spiritual experience as it is. I was able to take my young sons to show them what I am always talking about. They had on teal shits that said “my first U2 concert + innocence experience 2018.” Some people asked to take pictures of them to post. If anyone has them I would like a copy or link please. If they made it to Zootopia it would blow their minds!

please no lectures of strangers taking pics of my kids. U2 concert we are all family lol.

• Like 2

I'm just browsing the videos posted by ppl from last nights show....is HMTMKMKM the highlight of the show? I am trying to get ready for work and keeping and eye on my phone...and it's fckibg amazing. I'm trying not to cry off the makeup I just put on.  So so so good. I'm super excited about this show. So brave and it's seems so geared towards the fans. 4 days till San Jose! ???

Acrobat sounded great... Computer generated mcphisto....needs work. Its just wonderful to hear and it's very fitting for the tone of the show. 

I'm OVER streets! Over it. I'm glad it's not being played. So there ??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, dmway said:

WAIT!

No mention was made by anyone about the "Be Attitudes".

Did they feature in the show, and, if so, how?

3 hours ago, mich40 said:

I saw someone tweet that they had used hers. Not sure yet where or how they were used. 

Thank you!

So, those who were there, how were the "Be Attitudes" used in the show?

Edited by dmway

5 hours ago, phill pohl said:

just watched acrobat on youtube it was awful as i thought it would be  as its rubbish anyway and couldnt understand the clammer for it to be played ,hold me kiss me was even worse what a terrible version.Personally looks like i am  finally going to save some serious money missing the first tour since i travelled to germany  on unforgetable fire tour.Had they been brilliant i would have rued selling my tickets for manchester and london but now so glad i did after suspecting it would go even further down hill than the innocence tour which was their worst ever .

Phill, I've read your two comments, and you made the right move by not going to the concert.  It's not for you, so why spend your money on it?   You want to see U2 playing a greatest hits show, and well, U2 isn't a greatest hits band (although in a 27-song set, there will be some hits).  As others pointed out, The Joshua Tree was just played in its entirety last year, and is taking a break.  Acrobat was about as close to the album version as could be expected, but if you didn't like the song originally, that's your prerogative.  I thought the solo was rendered well in concert.  HMTMKMKM was "intermission music", not a performed song.

Now, as for this fan's opinion....

It looks like a great set list to me.  It's fresh with new material (SoE and SoI), and those are good songs.  I would have not made the exact same selections for some of the older album tracks (All Because of You, Staring at the Sun), and would have actually left out more of the hits (Beautiful Day, Pride, One, Desire).  Sunday Bloody Sunday is only OK because it is supposed to feed into Raised by Wolves.  I could also live without Elevation and Vertigo, but as someone else wrote, they do still energize the crowd to start the second set....
I would have added Red Flag Day and Little Things.  I would have added Love is Blindness to the encore.  Miracle Drug would be good.  Maybe bring back 11 O'Clock Tick Tock to replace I Will Follow in the set.  From the Pop album, I would have chosen Please (single version).  Other songs that would work:  Magnificent, Electrical Storm, Crumbs From Your Table, Walk On, Heartland.

Edited by Rich T.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, clabor74 said:

I'm not the one writing in this forum frequently but i have to admit that for a brave setlist like this one the missing track is Streets. I'm sorry guys but I disagree that they didn't play Streets because of the TJT tour, this song is their symbol, it is a pillar of each show, it cannot be skipped, especially if you keep other songs like vertigo, Elevation and you include a useless song like All because of you. I really like to think that the show will evolve and streets will  be back there in its place, the moment of the show where the youngest and oldest fan meet together surrounded by the red lights everywhere. Streets MUST be always there. Many people paid very expensive tickets for those 5 minutes. Please put it back Streets and make our dreams coming true again.

All Because of You is such a great song, full of pozitive energy and it deserves its place on the stelist. I hope they will play All Because of You during the European leg of the tour!

Edited by bacadorina

Question:  what were the logistics of the band's placement?

I read somewhere that the first set was played "inside the screen", and the second set was played on the "e" stage. 

But that can't be right, as I've seen YouTube videos of them playing on the main stage and on the catwalk as well.

I have a GA ticket, and in 2015 it paid off to position myself along the catwalk.  Is that a smart move this time, or are they "in the screen" too often? (does that actually mean "on the catwalk"??)

Or should I set up shop next to the "e" stage, and wait for the payoff in the second set?

Right now I'm leaning towards the middle of the catwalk, but don't want to regret it, if the band is up above in/on the screen.

Enjoyed the show via scopes and twitter. I don't know how they have the energy to do as much as they do and so often...really giving us their all! I'll be in Nashville and then Atlanta and wish there were more days between them but then I think how do THEY do it?!  I just like time to process the show and doubt it'll change much between the two so close together. Anyway...I have to say I was sad there was not more from SOE album played. Landlady, The Showman, Summer of Love and Red Flag Day. (RFD is my fave personally) But it's SUCH an incredible album! Don't shoot me but I'm kinda ready for a break from so many usuals...Pride, One (feels like a commercial kind of at this point)...and I prefer Streets over those if we could choose which stays and which takes a break. But please more new stuff!! Killer new album...let's hear it! Replace One with Ordinary Love? That's a great one too. Guess these are issues when you have so much rich stuff to choose from. Glad to be back at it with my U2 fam! Group hug!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich T. said:

HMTMKMKM was "intermission music", not a performed song.

Yeah I should have mentioned that..? it's really really well done. Whose voice is it reciting the lyrics? It definitely got me... ?

5 minutes ago, shooboxx said:

Yeah I should have mentioned that..? it's really really well done. Whose voice is it reciting the lyrics? It definitely got me... ?

Gavin Friday I believe? Sounded cool, hope they keep it for Europe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phill pohl said:

To each his own. I+E has been my all time fav tour so far. I really enjoyed. Of course, a few songs that I would change but let's face it, you can never please U2 fans, including me. SBS should not be played anymore, I cannot stand this version. I am glad they are including songs from SOI again also. As for Acrobat, it was good, good energy. Obviously Bono can't sing like he used too and I am ok with that....time does not forgive anyone. Elevation/Vertigo should be removed but then again, those get some fans in the crowd to sing so I guess that is why they keep playing them. Cannot do a show for only super fans...casual fans need to be included also.

The set list was fantastic and as someone who’s seen them since the Joshua Tree tour, I welcomed giving the set more breathing room, on the heels of the anniversary tour, by not including any JT songs. 

There were some warm up/first night slips here and there but it was a fantastic show and I really like the set list a lot. If I had my choice they’d ditch One and Vertigo, too. 

Id like to hear a full band YTBTAM vs acoustic. 

I loved The Ocean and of course, Acrobat. I also loved the HMTMKMKM remix and the video that accompanied it. 

Great show, great tour. Seeing it five more times (St Louis, LA x2 and Manchester x2) 

Edited by lukylsp
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bl00dypalms said:

Yeah but they also spent that whole summer playing SBS, Pride, Elevation, and One...

Exactly that. And the previous tours. I’m glad they’ve added in some different songs, although I haven’t counted but seems like most of the set were played on ie 

Edited by utwothefly

The other thing about ie tour vs this set and overlap - ie hit like, 10 cities in the US. Apart from us hardcores, this show is new to a lot of people. 

Edited by lukylsp

I'm fine with them not playing all the old standards. But with that being said...... how could they NOT play Streets?????? Go ahead and bring other great songs into the mix, BUT Streets HAS to be played!!!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!  

Was at the show! Utterly fantastic and a brave gamble to not play Streets, but I felt the entire show and song selection worked well! The guys have so many hits and songs that it's prob tough to pick and choose what to play. Maybe the next go around they bring back Streets and it will return with even more fire to the fan base due to the break. Great show, go see it!

Just finished watching all the footage on YouTube and my God...that looked and sounded incredible. For a tour opener it wasn't as ropey as the opening nights of I&E & The Joshua Tree '17 sounded. Bono was maybe a bit scratchy in places but he always seems to get the hang of it further into the tour (sounded incredible at Twickenham last summer two months into the tour). Adam's bass tone and playing sounded pretty gnarly in places. 

Setlist wise that's pretty ballsy. Some really good cuts in there we haven't heard in a while...All Because of You, The Ocean, Staring At the Sun, Wild Horses...all sounded great. And ACROBAT! They actually went and did it! I'm sincerely hoping they don't relegate any of those songs to the "rota" (where it gets played one night then doesn't get played the next) because I was kinda gutted not to hear A Sort of Homecoming last summer. 

I'm really happy they're still playing some of the best tracks from SOI - Iris, Cedarwood Road and Raised By Wolves were all highlights of I&E for me so I hope they stay. The SOE tracks are sounding good too, although frankly the new version of Best Thing probably isn't gonna be a highlight for me when I see them this October. Also, I'm a bit gutted they're not including Little Things, because that's by far the best song on the album and possibly of the last 10+ years, and was a highlight for me last summer. I'm hoping it gets added further down the line, because hearing the album version for the first time brought me to tears. 

When I read the Rolling Stone interview with Edge last year where he touted the idea of not playing anything from The Joshua Tree I was kind of torn on how I felt about it. I still am as of having just watched all the footage from the show to be honest. While it's nice to get a break from WOWY and Bullet (can't really speak for Still Haven't Found as I only heard them play that last summer) there's something about a U2 show without Streets that doesn't quite sit right. Hopefully it gets added further in. 

In regards to the stage show, the augmented reality section looked impressive - although I do hope that Bono starts actually singing Love Is All We Have Left rather than letting the PA do the work. Seeing MacPhisto back was something else, and the way Bono seemed to just transform into him between Desire and Acrobat was superbly creepy. The AR thing is cool but I'm definitely gonna make sure my phone's fully charged before the journey from Brighton to London! 

This has definitely got me shivering with anticipation for the O2 in October. Just gotta hope that setlist stays (roughly) the way it is now!

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1