Posted (edited)

I'm seeing the band in a week!   I cannot wait!

Seeing the GA lineup madness is continuing makes me thankful to have seats.

Right... spoilers... 🙈

Enjoy all!

Edited by Shannon387
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

The informal GA always wins... it's why it has continued this long. I would not anticipate the band or management stepping in to start something more official. Again, it's the way it's always been.

I just spoke with people at the BOK Center.  They said that the line starts with the first person in line at the time announced.  Nobody with magic marker numbers will be allowed to skip ahead of whomever is there first, at the announced time.  They are going to have a couple of members who are higher up in rank, from the venue, out and making sure things go smoothly. I repeatedly asked, "So the first person who is there at the proper time announced is the first person into the venue for GA?".  I was told, "Yes.  Nobody with a number on their wrist from whenever should be allowed to go in front.  The person there at the correct time is the person who properly waited all day.  No previous numbers will be honored.". I was told that those shapie numbers, already preassigned  by whomever decides he or she is in charge, are not valid.  If they show up and demand to be put in front-those who obeyeed the rules and starting lining up at the proper time should say, "No.  We were here first as the rules clearly stated.:".  There should be upper-tiered people about, along with security.  If the sharpie numbered people start raising a fit-go get security. and ask for a supervisor if security does nothing.  They will respond.  I already let the venue know this is happening.  They are now aware of it.  

I'm not going to this show.  I feel so strongly about this that I had to do something.  Whomever obeys the rules and is first should get into the venue first.  The people at the BOK Center said, "Yes.  That is the case.".  You may have a disagreement on your hands.  The rules are the rules. People who consider themselves above the rules love to kick and scream.  It's my experience that when one does not back down...they stop kicking and quickly retreat.  

The BOK phone number is (918) 894-4200.  If you are doing GA and worried about people skipping in line, call them.  It will make them more aware.  I warned them this was happening so they already have one.  A coupld more would not hurt.

• Like 4
  • Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I just spoke with people at the BOK Center.  They said that the line starts with the first person in line at the time announced.  Nobody with magic marker numbers will be allowed to skip ahead of whomever is there first, at the announced time.  They are going to have a couple of members who are higher up in rank, from the venue, out and making sure things go smoothly. I repeatedly asked, "So the first person who is there at the proper time announced is the first person into the venue for GA?".  I was told, "Yes.  Nobody with a number on their wrist from whenever should be allowed to go in front.  The person there at the correct time is the person who properly waited all day.  No previous numbers will be honored.". I was told that those shapie numbers, already preassigned  by whomever decides he or she is in charge, are not valid.  If they show up and demand to be put in front-those who obeyeed the rules and starting lining up at the proper time should say, "No.  We were here first as the rules clearly stated.:".  There should be upper-tiered people about, along with security.  If the sharpie numbered people start raising a fit-go get security. and ask for a supervisor if security does nothing.  They will respond.  I already let the venue know this is happening.  They are now aware of it.  

I'm not going to this show.  I feel so strongly about this that I had to do something.  Whomever obeys the rules and is first should get into the venue first.  The people at the BOK Center said, "Yes.  That is the case.".  You may have a disagreement on your hands.  The rules are the rules. People who consider themselves above the rules love to kick and scream.  It's my experience that when one does not back down...they stop kicking and quickly retreat.  

The BOK phone number is (918) 894-4200.  If you are doing GA and worried about people skipping in line, call them.  It will make them more aware.  I warned them this was happening so they already have one.  A coupld more would not hurt.

They said that at other venues also... The informal GA always gets what they want. Best of luck to all the GAers.

For the record, I'm pro- official GA line. I've just seen this Conversation happen so much, & had a similar experience when I attended Cleveland, that I've just seen the same group of people running things/supporting each other always get what they're after.

I'm more about enjoying my own experience to allow myself to ever get upset over it. Cest la vie.

I truly hope everyone has a positive, memorable, and fun experience.

Edited by Shannon387
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, sm2112 said:

Agreed no bad place.. just hoping to score a GA as I am flying in ticketless.. The gamble is real hahaha

Check the GA line. There's always extras to buy.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shannon387 said:

The informal GA always gets what they want. Best of luck to all the GAers.

I can only say that there is no way they would get ahead of me or anyone else who obeyed the rules and showed up first. I'd never allow it.  I do not intimidate easily.  I don't give up easily.  There is always a supervisor who can be reminded of the rules and politely asked if he or she could do their job and enforce them.  Usually that is not necessary.  If it is known this informal GA is going to happen then it can be headed off at the pass.  Call the venue.  Tell them what is happening.  Ask them what to do if and when it happens.  Make them aware.  They don't want trouble.  They're going to want to head it off at the pass as much as those who obey the rules and are rightfully in line before the sharpies. If they know what is up before it happens then they can prepare. That's why I called the BOK Center.  I'm in Milwaukee.  I'm not going to the show.  If we stop the informal GA for this show, it will be easier to stop for the next one and the next until it stops.  If we take the attitude of, 'Well, that is just how it is.', then that is as it will be. (I am not saying anyone is taking that attitude)  Do as you wish.  If I can get GA for Chicago and they show up ahead of me-I will do everything in my power to stop it. I'm going to call the United Center asap so the situation can not happen in Chicago.  Rules are rules.  We're all excited.  We're all anxious.  Use the venue's resources.  That is why they are there and they want to do the right thing.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 4

Section 118 row N seats 9-10----selling for $125 and available for Tulsa.

Section 118 row T seats 5-6-----selling for $106.30 and available for Tulsa.     Both sets are resale on TM so they are verified.  Those are great seats if anyone is looking.

1 hour ago, Shannon387 said:

I'm more about enjoying my own experience to allow myself to ever get upset over it.

I'm not upset. I don't like the idea of bullies getting their way at the expense of those who obeyed the rules.  That's it.  Chances are I'm not even doing GA.  If I do it in Chicago, I can text someone and he'll send security.  Not everyone has that liberty.  That being said. I'm gonna stop as I fear I'm harping.  If so, pardon me.  I hate elitism/gangs/entitlement.   

SEC 113 ROW N SEATS 10-11------$115 each.   Resale tix so they are verified.   Resellers are now starting to discount tickets

11 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

SEC 113 ROW N SEATS 10-11------$115 each.   Resale tix so they are verified.   Resellers are now starting to discount tickets

These seats just sold.  I hope someone here bought them.

These seats are currently available:

SEC 119 ROW Q SEATS 15-17-----$171.50 each.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I'm not upset. I don't like the idea of bullies getting their way at the expense of those who obeyed the rules.  That's it.  Chances are I'm not even doing GA.  If I do it in Chicago, I can text someone and he'll send security.  Not everyone has that liberty.  That being said. I'm gonna stop as I fear I'm harping.  If so, pardon me.  I hate elitism/gangs/entitlement.   

Youre preaching to the choir. But I have anxiety. I have had an anxiety attack at a concert once ( long story & not U2 related) & full on dont remember the concert. For me Its more about putting myself first is all, I just don't have the desire to argue with a gang of superfans. I see many of the same people at the U2 concerts. There are more if them then there are me. Me, Id just like to enjoy myself & have a good time. 

Best of luck to those who are fighting to do GA the right way. I wish you luck. 

Side note, for the record, Im not one of the “bullies” running the lines. ( Well depending on who you ask, Im not winning any popularity contests anytime soon). Ive been around this forum for over 10 years. Ive simply just seen & experienced enough. Im doing seats for different dates. 

I understand the frustration but dont think this thread is the right spot to vent frustration or anger about it. Im definitely not the right person. Best of luck.

Edited by Shannon387

4 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

I'm seeing the band in a week!   I cannot wait!

Seeing the GA lineup madness is continuing makes me thankful to have seats.

Right... spoilers... 🙈

Enjoy all!

Why I originally peeked my head in... 

Ive seen the merch and now I know the band are open to meeting fans. Info needed, check. Thank you. 

...aaaand Im out. 

Enjoy Tulsa!! 

At the I+E tour i was on the floor but on the rail against the Red Zone.  If you are on the rail for the long, skinny cat walk where the screen is, can you tell what is happening in the screen or are you too close? Also, I imagine it was even harder to tell when It was raised above the cat walk. Correct?

Would the screen also block your view of the main and small stages when it is down?

Any help would be greatly  appreciated. I'd like to be close on the side rail but also don't want to miss the visuals.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Check the GA line. There's always extras to buy.

I hope so.. I missed the release and hit up everyone here saying they had 1 but all gone :( 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Youre preaching to the choir. But I have anxiety. I have had an anxiety attack at a concert once ( long story & not U2 related) & full on dont remember the concert. For me Its more about putting myself first is all, I just don't have the desire to argue with a gang of superfans. I see many of the same people at the U2 concerts. There are more if them then there are me. Me, Id just like to enjoy myself & have a good time. 

Best of luck to those who are fighting to do GA the right way. I wish you luck. 

Side note, for the record, Im not one of the “bullies” running the lines. ( Well depending on who you ask, Im not winning any popularity contests anytime soon). Ive been around this forum for over 10 years. Ive simply just seen & experienced enough. Im doing seats for different dates. 

I understand the frustration but dont think this thread is the right spot to vent frustration or anger about it. Im definitely not the right person. Best of luck.

I realized I posted in the wrong section.  Pardon me.  I've been around here for a long time too.  I did not mean to preach.  I don't like people obeying rules and others getting preferential treatment when they did not. What angers me is that you should be able to do GA without anxiety, should you choose to not get seats. Nothing more. I read your comments all the time, Shannon.  I enjoy them.  I never thought you a bully.

Edited by Manohlive

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

SEC 113 ROW N SEATS 10-11------$115 each.   Resale tix so they are verified. 

These seats are now avaialable again.  The price has dropped to $107.

It's May 2nd EDT! In less than 30 minutes, it's May 2nd CDT - which means it will be showday in Tulsa! :o

SOE Tour time! B)

• Like 1

Enjoy the Show!!! 

Greetings to U2 fans in Tulsa from Finland. 

🤗

Any link/app where to hear/watch the show for Us poor Europeans? :(

Have a great concert there mates!!!!!