Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Tulsa Live Thread #U2eiTour

Recommended Posts

I like All Because of You just fine.

But Crumbs From Your Table would be sublime.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dmway said:

Vive la difference..

Cheers to da frickin' weekend.  I'll drink to that.    (All Because being better live)   I went to the bathroom during that song every show of Vertigo.  Is it possible to say that with respect?  The thought of it being better live is great.  I remember Yaweh being much better live.  As someone just said, no matter what they do; there is someone somewhere who's loved them forever who wants something else.  I'm very exicted for this tour.  I've never not been very excited.  There's something different about this one.  America already was great.  It always will be, as is any country where people are free.  I need the Irish to remind me of it.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2014 at 8:45 PM, Canadanne said:

Quote

 

Does anyone remember that phone message from 2004... Mr MacPhisto taking the piss out of 'Into The Heart' and saying "Innocence has turned to experience..."

http://www.canadanne.co.uk/macphisto/offstage.html#intotheheart

I think 'Teenage Bono' vs MacPhisto would be a great theme for the new shows. ;)

 

Wow... I actually wasn't that wide of the mark?! Teenage Bono on the IE Tour, MacPhisto on the EI Tour!

  • Brilliant 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ramsatw said:

But Crumbs From Your Table would be sublime.

I second CRUMBS!! My fav song on HTDAAB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ramsatw said:

I like All Because of You just fine.

But Crumbs From Your Table would be sublime.

Ramsatw....

I think crumbs from your Table is sublime, too ....that would be a major contender for me, as well....

U2's music/concerts are like winning the golden ticket to visit Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Such a magical and sensory experience....too many good things to eat...which should I choose???

So many U2 songs provide a different sensory experience...tethered by a memory, a certain sound or just the overall artistic innovation of it...like never been heard/seen before.

Certain U2 songs are like your favorite candy....you never tire of it's experience.....but, you just crave it more and more....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, lukylsp said:

I second CRUMBS!! My fav song on HTDAAB

yes....If I had to pick a favorite from HTDAAB....it would be "crumbs", too.

Not just for it's musical craftmanship/genius..... but, lyrically, too.

I love these  lyrics.....that paint a imagery so powerful.

I want a tattoo of

"YOUR FACE CAUGHT UP TO YOUR PSYCHOLOGY
WITH A MOUTH FULL OF TEETH YOU ATE ALL YOUR FRIENDS
AND BROKE EVERY HEART THINKING EVERY HEART MENDS"

 
From the brightest star
Comes the blackest hole
You had so much to offer
Why did you offer your soul?
I was there for you, baby
When you needed my help
Would you deny for others
What you demand for yourself?
Cool down mama, cool off
Cool down mama, cool off
You speak of sights and wonders
I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table
You were pretty as a picture
It was all there to see
Then your face caught up with your psychology
With a mouth full of teeth
You ate all your friends
And you broke every heart thinking every heart mends
You speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table
Where you live should not decide
Whether you live or whether you die
Three to a bed
Sister Ann, she said
Dignity passes by
And you speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able
I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table, hey

 

 
 

Edited by unforgettableu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Manohlive said:

 I would love Crumbs off Atomic Bomb or Miracle Drug.

 

15 hours ago, dmway said:

I feel a bit blessed because I was at the Madison Square Garden show where they tried out "Crumbs From Your Table" live for the very first time. I love that song, and they played it wonderfully. I have no idea if they attempted it again beyond that show. "All Because Of You" is their channelling an old Who sound (by their own description). IMHO, that song sounds quite good live, better than the studio version. Vive la difference...

 

14 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Crumbs or Miracle Drug would be a highlight.

 

12 hours ago, ramsatw said:

I like All Because of You just fine.

But Crumbs From Your Table would be sublime.

 

1 hour ago, lukylsp said:

I second CRUMBS!! My fav song on HTDAAB

 

1 hour ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Ramsatw....

I think crumbs from your Table is sublime, too ....that would be a major contender for me, as well....

U2's music/concerts are like winning the golden ticket to visit Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Such a magical and sensory experience....too many good things to eat...which should I choose???

So many U2 songs provide a different sensory experience...tethered by a memory, a certain sound or just the overall artistic innovation of it...like never been heard/seen before.

Certain U2 songs are like your favorite candy....you never tire of it's experience.....but, you just crave it more and more....

 

1 hour ago, unforgettableu2 said:

yes....If I had to pick a favorite from HTDAAB....it would be "crumbs", too.

Not just for it musical craftmanship/genius..... but, lyrically, too.

I love these  lyrics.....that paint a imagery so powerful.

I want a tattoo of

"YOUR FACE CAUGHT UP TO YOUR PSYCHOLOGY
WITH A MOUTH FULL OF TEETH YOU ATE ALL YOUR FRIENDS
AND BROKE EVERY HEART EVERY HEART MENDS"

 
From the brightest star
Comes the blackest hole
You had so much to offer
Why did you offer your soul?
I was there for you, baby
When you needed my help
Would you deny for others
What you demand for yourself?
Cool down mama, cool off
Cool down mama, cool off
You speak of sights and wonders
I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table
You were pretty as a picture
It was all there to see
Then your face caught up with your psychology
With a mouth full of teeth
You ate all your friends
And you broke every heart thinking every heart mends
You speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table
Where you live should not decide
Whether you live or whether you die
Three to a bed
Sister Ann, she said
Dignity passes by
And you speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able
I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table, hey

Hmmm...I'm starting to get the impression that there is general list consensus for "Crumbs From Your Table"... ?

Edited by dmway
typo fix
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dmway said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hmmm...I'm starting to get the impression that there is general list consensus for "Crumb From Your Table"... ?

I hope the band reads this....and takes our requests with a serious heart.

I believe 'crumbs' was the only song that was crafted out of a drunken influence.....regardless....it's a masterful song, that needs to be taken out of the archives...because its a relic in U2's history that shouldn't be buried or forgotten....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Hmmm...I'm starting to get the impression that there is general list consensus for "Crumb From Your Table"... ?

Yes!  dmway said the quote.  I'm still half drunk or so it feels.  I'm not capable of quoting correctly.  dmway said it.  

 

18 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

believe 'crumbs' was the only song that was crafted out of a drunken influence

Better still.  That means they can play it especially well?  haha

 

32 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

YOUR FACE CAUGHT UP TO YOUR PSYCHOLOGY
WITH A MOUTH FULL OF TEETH YOU ATE ALL YOUR FRIENDS
AND BROKE EVERY HEART THINKING EVERY HEART MENDS"

 

That is a mighty long tattoo.  A psychological face full of teeth eating one's friends?  Who are these people?  Do they deserve being munched?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm hoping for Wild Horses.  They always give Chicago something the final night.  Perhaps we shall have both.

That would be GREAT!!! I love Wild Horses!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, u2rone said:

That would be GREAT!!! I love Wild Horses!! 

Same here, u2rone.   It's one of U2's loftiest peaks for this fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Yes!  dmway said the quote.  I'm still half drunk or so it feels.  I'm not capable of quoting correctly.  dmway said it.  

 

Better still.  That means they can play it especially well?  haha

 

That is a mighty long tattoo.  A psychological face full of teeth eating one's friends?  Who are these people?  Do they deserve being munched?  

Yep.....it was really only Edge/Bono that was drunk as follows:

"Bono and the Edge wrote this after a night of drinking. Bono recalls in the book U2 by U2: "We were out, it was very late, the sun was coming up. I'm not a late-night person, but Edge is like an owl. He would just sit there and days could go by and he wouldn't need sleep. So he didn't want to go to bed and we ended up getting the guitar and singing, off our faces, one of those moments where two mates are not talking sense but they're doing it at the same time and then, eventually, it sort of coagulates into a thought and out came this beautiful song, words, title, melody, boom, it all arrived in the middle of this lunatic night."

Yes.... Mano & DMWAY, I guess it does say how well they can play. I also interpreted it as....the alcohol lubricated them enough to loosen the creative chains and lower their inhibitions.  Not "Overthinking" it....and allowing the creative juices to flow where they were destined to go.

Too much drink can often do the opposite....so, maybe at the time, Bono & edge had just enough to enhance their creativity instead of killing it.

 

Edited by unforgettableu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Yes!  dmway said the quote.  I'm still half drunk or so it feels.  I'm not capable of quoting correctly.  dmway said it.  

 

Better still.  That means they can play it especially well?  haha

 

That is a mighty long tattoo.  A psychological face full of teeth eating one's friends?  Who are these people?  Do they deserve being munched?  

Really not that long when you read all the powerful fortified insight inside those lyrical lines.

It really can be interpreted in so many ways...metaphorical, literally., politically.....or personally.

I love the imagery......the personification.....Bono writes with such dark beauty....cuts deep to the jugular.....the artery of human nature/behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unforgettableu2 said:

Yep.....it was really only Edge/Bono that was drunk as follows:

"Bono and the Edge wrote this after a night of drinking. Bono recalls in the book U2 by U2: "We were out, it was very late, the sun was coming up. I'm not a late-night person, but Edge is like an owl. He would just sit there and days could go by and he wouldn't need sleep. So he didn't want to go to bed and we ended up getting the guitar and singing, off our faces, one of those moments where two mates are not talking sense but they're doing it at the same time and then, eventually, it sort of coagulates into a thought and out came this beautiful song, words, title, melody, boom, it all arrived in the middle of this lunatic night."

Yes.... Mano, I guess it does say how well they can play. I also interpreted it as....the alcohol lubricated them enough to loosen the creative chains and lower their inhibitions.  Not "Overthinking" it....and allowing the creative juices to flow where they were destined to go.

Too much drink can often do the opposite....so, maybe at the time, Bono & edge had just enough to enhance their creativity instead of killing it.

 

I'm very much looking forward to reading that book.  I could not when it was released.  Now I can, however; I've had to move four times in as many years.  My books are all packed and it's driving me insane.  It's interesting you wrote about a night of drunken revelry.  I had one last night for the first time in a long time and it felt great.  I'd love to hear Crumbs live.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unforgettableu2 said:

Really not that long

I was kidding.

 

Just now, unforgettableu2 said:

metaphorical, literally., politically.....or personally.

I concur and have mentioned many times how much I admire Bono as a writer.

 

Just now, unforgettableu2 said:

..Bono writes with such dark beauty....cuts deep to the jugular.....the artery of human nature/behavio

I concur yet again.  He's not just a lyricist, at least for me.  He's a poet.  

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

U2's music/concerts are like winning the golden ticket to visit Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Such a magical and sensory experience....too many good things to eat...which should I choose???

I really like your metaphor.  It's very true and  a clever way of saying it.   I love that movie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I really like your metaphor.  It's very true and  a clever way of saying it.   I love that movie.  

Thanks, Mano.... love that movie as well....I like  so many U2 songs...each with their own personality/individual identity....how do you chose? it must be difficult for the band, as well. What is personal/meaningful to them might not be translated to fans...or what is highly valued by fans,....may not be a priority for them. Art is a funny thing....many times artists hate what is most received or popular by their fans. Sometimes, fans see beauty in the things the artist creates...that they don't see/value in themselves. Its a symbiotic relationship....fans and their creator.....both make the art/music have validity and a voice.

Edited by unforgettableu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unforgettableu2 said:

Art is a funny thing....many times artists hate what is most received or popular by their fans

Art is a funny thing.  I'm a writer.  What I'm working on is brilliant at midnight and poop in the morning.  If I did not laugh, I'd be crabby so yes, it is a funny thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I'm very much looking forward to reading that book.  I could not when it was released.  Now I can, however; I've had to move four times in as many years.  My books are all packed and it's driving me insane.  It's interesting you wrote about a night of drunken revelry.  I had one last night for the first time in a long time and it felt great.  I'd love to hear Crumbs live.  

Great book. They have many. it's a funny thing....but, many times I understand their ideas behind their lyrics, intuitively....and then, in one of heir books....its confirmed somehow. I always knew 'crumbs' had a different energy....behind it's powerful lyrics/sound. The story confirmed my intuitions.

I think U2 is so different compared to most rockstars....in which they  mostly create without the cliche' ways of being under the influence of some sort of substance. David Bowie finally realized he didn't need drugs/alcohol to be creative or to write songs. His genius was apart of him....not created by the drugs.

I think maybe the alcohol served as placebo effect....allowing them or giving them permission to be 'free' and liberal with their creative ideas/process. The creativity is there...they just have to believe it.....and allow it.....and the alcohol gave them them false permission to something they already knew and had.

Edited by unforgettableu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Art is a funny thing.  I'm a writer.  What I'm working on is brilliant at midnight and poop in the morning.  If I did not laugh, I'd be crabby so yes, it is a funny thing!

Night time....is when the brain is full of creativity....at least for me. One thing I know,....it's mostly psychological.....the stillness....or quiet dark....allows thoughts to gather....while in the day, too many distractions. besides....creativity can't be forced into a certain time lot....it has to develop organically...or not at all. Alcohol (the right amount)....loosens the heavy armor we all wear...everyday...that clogs the mind. Children just create to create....without any contrived thought/influence.....

I guess..most artists need to remember that freedom....and special time....."the heart of a child" where creativity is most honest/sincere. Creating without apologies, politeness or permission.

You mean feel like poop in the morning....(ha).....staying up all night....with a creative wind? Or just not liking what you've done so late, like what was I thinking?? You were not....and that is the definition of true creativity.

Do yo think  Dali was thinking when he created? Free associated thoughts... good writing should be the same....don't you think. mano?

Edited by unforgettableu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Or just not liking what you've done so late,

And bingo was his name...haha   Usually it is a culmination of everything I wrote that day, albeit serious or fiction or on U2.com.  It's not that it's awful, even though it seems awful.  It's that I can see all the changes I need to make.  On this site-that usually involves editing four paragraphs into one or two sentences.  lol.   It's better to have too much material versus not enough. That's little consolation when I realize I posted something way over the top or really dumb.  I've perfected being really dumb despite being educated and enlightened. ?

Edited by Manohlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

 

WITH A MOUTH FULL OF TEETH YOU ATE ALL YOUR FRIENDS
AND BROKE EVERY HEART THINKING EVERY HEART MENDS"

 

 
 

Some of my fav Bono lyrics, one of the reasons why I love Crumbs so much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they dropped Staring at the Sun I lost my shit. I made three predictions or things I would love to see. 1. Song from Pop 2. Macphisto 3. Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me. Acrobat was an added bonus. Needless to say that if they dropped Crumbs I would probably pass out from excitment. That is one of my all time favorite U2 songs. I hope they slide it in on another tour date so we can Youtube it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lukylsp said:

Some of my fav Bono lyrics, one of the reasons why I love Crumbs so much...

One of mine, too...If I had to pick from a plethora of songs/choices......

Think about the breadth of that achievement on the behalf of U2.

Most musicians pray to have 1/10th of their talent/library of songs.....I can honestly say, I don't think u2 have ever made a 'bad' song.

Their worst...is at most, some artists' best.

BTW...

I also love "please"....both lyrically/musically. Another very underrated gem.....I'd love if they would play that beauty as well.

 

Edited by unforgettableu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

And bingo was his name...haha   Usually it is a culmination of everything I wrote that day, albeit serious or fiction or on U2.com.  It's not that it's awful, even though it seems awful.  It's that I can see all the changes I need to make.  On this site-that usually involves editing four paragraphs into one or two sentences.  lol.   It's better to have too much material versus not enough. That's little consolation when I realize I posted something way over the top or really dumb.  I've perfected being really dumb despite being educated and enlightened. ?

Bingo.....I get it....more than you know....Mano....

Here is to one artistically challenged night owl....to another!!!

But, when you get it right....it's usually effortless....whether it's 2am or 8 am....

The wonder of creativity....if only we could understand the corresponding pieces that make it fit perfectly that one day...and then not another.

I'm sure u2 has also asked the same questions...how can we harness that same genius/inspiration again? What made the difference? will we ever achieve that 'cohesive' , artistic perfection again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...