Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

San Jose Live Thread #U2eiTour

1 hour ago, anna_boykova said:

I enjoyed both nights in san Jose but yesterday I felt even more inspired with their positive energie and powerfulness

IMG_4345 (1).jpg

IMG_4287.JPG

IMG_4348 (1).jpg

I think Monday night hit me harder because I didn't know exactly what to expect. The show in it's entirety from where I was sitting was so overwhelming and I was really along for the ride. I got very emotional during a couple of songs. Tuesday was jubilant for me, being down in the crowd and singing and being among that energy. 

19 hours ago, mich40 said:

That is just the coolest picture...

...and now I can't see it. If anyone else can't see it, go back 2 pages to the original post. :D

(This might be a "permissions" issue...)

Edited by dmway
invisible awesomeness

1 minute ago, dmway said:

That is just the coolest picture...

It didn't bring the picture over. Are you talking about the disco ball and colorful floor one?  THAT ONE is very cool!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mich40 said:

It didn't bring the picture over. Are you talking about the disco ball and colorful floor one?  THAT ONE is very cool!

Yes - that's the one! 

Is this a permissions issue, or am I somehow doing something wrong? I quoted as I always do...

Edited by dmway

2 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes - that's the one! 

Is this a permissions issue, or am I somehow doing something wrong? I quoted as I always do...

Weren't we both going to stay away from hearing or seeing anything about this tour, dmway?    It's not very easy, is it?   I think I lasted all of twenty hours and then I couldn't take it.  I had to see the setlist.  I'm scrolling past the pics trying not to see them while still reading the text.  I have a vision of a scary Macphisto with fangs.  I'm not sure if I dreamt that or scrolled past it quickly yet it still registered.  If I did, I hope I don't drea,m it again because it freaks me out.  In the show it's fine.  In a dream?  I'd rather skip that one...U2 or not.  ? 

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I just watched the clip of Red Flag Day which Mich40 posted in this thread.  Does it seem like they are really concentrating?  I don't know how eles to say that.  It doesn't quite express what I'm asking.  I watched the Edge closely.  His eyes rarely leave the fingerboard to look at the audience.  The same is true for Adam.  At one point, more towards the end, right before Bono sings, Hey Hey, he smiles.  It almost seems like he's happy that it's coming together.  I don't remember seeing them concentrate that much on their fingering before.  This is conjecture.  It seems like they are really pushing themselves as musicians.  I am not a famous rock musician.  I don't know.  I'm asking what others think.

Not a pro myself but if I had to guess it might just be that they really haven’t had the time to reherse it enough to feel comfortable. Read either or elsewhere that something similar has been happening during Acrobat and that’s been played every night of the tour so far.

Just now, bl00dypalms said:

Not a pro myself but if I had to guess it might just be that they really haven’t had the time to reherse it enough to feel comfortable. Read either or elsewhere that something similar has been happening during Acrobat and that’s been played every night of the tour so far.

I think it's amazing how much they are pushing themselves as musicians in front of a live audience.

24 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes - that's the one! 

No. In one of the updates, it stopped bringing twitter and Instagram posts in quotes. I need to get that reported. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Weren't we both going to stay away from hearing or seeing anything about this tour, dmway?    It's not very easy, is it?   I think I lasted all of twenty hours and then I couldn't take it.  I had to see the setlist.  I'm scrolling past the pics trying not to see them while still reading the text.  I have a vision of a scary Macphisto with fangs.  I'm not sure if I dreamt that or scrolled past it quickly yet it still registered.  If I did, I hope I don't drea,m it again because it freaks me out.  In the show it's fine.  In a dream?  I'd rather skip that one...U2 or not.  ? 

I said that I have done in the past in regard to what songs they rehearsed before a tour, but I have never been a stranger to live threads! :D

Scary Macphisto I think looks cool - if he's giving you nightmares, I'll have a word with him (but I hear he's quite the contrarian - he may not listen to me... ;) )

I wonder if his hat is a visual pun - just as words can be punned on, so can images. Even though the style is different, it evokes the hats of the droogs in "A Clockwork Orange". Perhaps his haberdashery is from another source. It would be interesting to know what inspired it.

3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

No. In one of the updates, it stopped bringing twitter and Instagram posts in quotes. I need to get that reported. 

Ok - well, if I accidentally helped in reminding you, mission accomplished! :D

Thanks for looking into it!

One thing I don't quite get is why some people seem to be unhappy about All Because of You being on the setlist. Given what we now know about Bono having almost died a couple of years ago, I find there's something quite resonant about him belting the line "I'm alive, I'm being born, I just arrived, I'm at the door of the place I started out from and I walk back inside".

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

One thing I don't quite get is why some people seem to be unhappy about All Because of You being on the setlist. Given what we now know about Bono having almost died a couple of years ago, I find there's something quite resonant about him belting the line "I'm alive, I'm being born, I just arrived, I'm at the door of the place I started out from and I walk back inside".

I didn't mind the song being played per se, but it took up a valuable spot on the set list, that could be filled with Gloria instead, for example.

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I'm now looking forward to hearing it live.  I'm going to listen to it now.  Thanks, peterferris8.

14 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I agree! B)

One small thing - I think the lyric is "I want back inside", not "walk". ("Walk" would accidentally create quite a painful metaphor... :o )

Can anyone tell me what that tune is that is playing before the band make their entrance? Apologies if I missed it already, but its a cool tune!!!

31 minutes ago, yardie said:

Can anyone tell me what that tune is that is playing before the band make their entrance? Apologies if I missed it already, but its a cool tune!!!

OK - I'm going to hope that this works...

YAY! It worked!

Edited by dmway

It didn't - keep trying!?

1 minute ago, yardie said:

It didn't - keep trying!?

I fixed it - it's there. Reload the page.

Edited by dmway

I think at the second Vegas show it got changed from Winter Beats to Noel Gallagher's It's A Beautiful World.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, dmway said:

I fixed it - it's there. Reload the page.

Many thanks. Got it.

• Like 1