Sign in to follow this  
allyson2008

Show intro sounds - spoilers.

At the risk of sounding like a fool, I'm going to go ahead and post this here.

I was at the opening night in Tulsa and had no one else's explanations to go by at that point... but the "sounds" at the start of the Experience show reminded me of similar sounds I heard when I was at the Popmart show and the band exited from the "lemon disco ball" right before they played Discotheque. I thought those sounds were some kind of tie-in to the Popmart tour. Others have now pointed out what the Experience opening sounds actually are - but I'm curious; did anyone else think of the Popmart tour when they heard the sounds at the opening of Experience?

It’s the sounds (and voice) of an MRI   

I read the article about the MRI - but it also sounds really similar to the Popmart show. Honestly, when I was in Tulsa, I thought it sounded like it was supposed to be a spaceship - and now I feel really dumb because I've had an MRI myself and didn't recognize those sounds. However, when I had my own MRI, they didn't tell me to "inhale, exhale," because they were just looking at my neck.

Posted (edited)

I totally missed that the lead in is an MRI in Tulsa, St. Louis and Vegas and only really listened to it last night in LA - I've had quite a few MRI's and it's clear as day when you listen to it with that perspective. And yes, only certain scans would require you to breathe in and out between them (I'm speculating here because I was never asked to do this during my MRIs)...

No matter what it was, I hope that Bono is now tip top. Was there an official article from the band that addressed this? Please post if so, again I missed that whole thing until I saw this thread here a few days ago.

Edited by lukylsp

19 hours ago, lukylsp said:

I totally missed that the lead in is an MRI in Tulsa, St. Louis and Vegas and only really listened to it last night in LA - I've had quite a few MRI's and it's clear as day when you listen to it with that perspective. And yes, only certain scans would require you to breathe in and out between them (I'm speculating here because I was never asked to do this during my MRIs)...

No matter what it was, I hope that Bono is now tip top. Was there an official article from the band that addressed this? Please post if so, again I missed that whole thing until I saw this thread here a few days ago.

There was never an official statement - Edge just said in an interview that Bono had a brush with mortality and that's all we know, and all Bono wants us to know. It's understandable that he doesn't want to become the subject of a celebrity gossip article - TMZ for one were incredibly disrespectful and invasive with their reporting of the deaths of Chester Bennington and Avicii, so it's easy to understand why Bono would rather keep the details to himself.

40 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

There was never an official statement - Edge just said in an interview that Bono had a brush with mortality and that's all we know, and all Bono wants us to know. It's understandable that he doesn't want to become the subject of a celebrity gossip article - TMZ for one were incredibly disrespectful and invasive with their reporting of the deaths of Chester Bennington and Avicii, so it's easy to understand why Bono would rather keep the details to himself.

Agreed. I was asking as someone above me talked about an article mentioning the MRI which if there is one, I missed. 

Posted (edited)

I truly truly hope that U2 arent pumping out all these tours in quick succession because something serious has been going on and Bono is currently in remission. 

Edited by doctornickriviera

20 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

I truly truly hope that U2 arent pumping out all these tours in quick succession because something serious has been going on and Bono is currently in remission. 

In one of the promo videos for SOE he said "I feel fantastic now" so I doubt that's the case.

There's also a song they play where they show images on the big screen that look like they could be MRI images. I noticed when watching one of the Periscope feeds. Now I can't figure out which song it was. Has anyone else noticed this?

On 5/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, allyson2008 said:

There's also a song they play where they show images on the big screen that look like they could be MRI images. I noticed when watching one of the Periscope feeds. Now I can't figure out which song it was. Has anyone else noticed this?

It’s during The Blackout

• Thanks 1