Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lukylsp said:

Inglehood - tacky

Re: venue selection: Clearly you missed when they played FIVE nights at the Forum on the i+e tour a short 2-ish years ago. The Forum is an awesome venue post-renovation, especially where sound is concerned. 

Re: wristbands: they’ve had branded bands for GA in at least the last three tours including the shows I’ve seen on this tour in other cities. My guess - something went wrong or a delivery didn’t make it and the Forum had to provide bands in a pinch without notice. Just a guess but I thought it strange that all of a sudden there weren’t NORTH SIDE/SOUTH SIDE U2 wristbands when we arrived last night. 

I was there for 2 nights in 2015 and that was before Kroenke started construction.  You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.  USC is nice too...but it's still in the hood.  

Edited by ricki999

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, ricki999 said:

I was there for 2 nights in 2015 and that was before Kroenke started construction.  You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.  USC is nice too...but it's still in the hood.  

Glad you made it out alive with your scary walk and/or drive through the hood depending on where you parked. Congrats! Beverly Hills traffic and parking aren’t much better so I’m not connecting your parking issues with where the venue is located but whatevs. Welcome to living in a city with varying neighborhoods. 

If you thought Inglehood was clever or funny and instead someone (me) said it was tacky remember you posted it on a public forum which welcomes commentary naturally. 

All I know is I’m going to the show again tonight and am excited about it. End scene. 

Edited by lukylsp
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, detroitalan said:

Thank you, bosawx.

Bono is a great entertainer, but extremely naive.

Why no videos of the fires and broken glass on the night of the election? Why no videos of Trump supporters being attacked during the campaign? They exist. 

The leftist politics are unavoidable and as someone who has also seen every tour since 1985, I know exactly how you feel.

Pandering to women and insulting those who are not leftists is feeble. 

It is show business, however, and the show is still great. I suggest Bono discover Dennis Prager. 

The absolute fun that is a U2 show can't be spoiled for me, even by the current mean-spirited jabs at anyone who is not on the left.

Don't let the foolishness grind you down.  It remains an excellent show. 

Hear hear... I've been to 30 U2 shows since 1987 and although I understand they are an extreme political group,  I've been able to ignore the rhetoric and enjoy the show.  However, it is starting to get over the top.. the anti Police stance is shameful.  Hands up don't shoot was a lie and proven to be so.  They were all for police and fire fighters back in 2001 during 911 when it was popular...even bringing them up on stage at MSG.  fast forward 17 years and now the in thing is anti Trump anti law enforcement anti anyone who is not on the left. . Bono is disconnected.. Trump was voted by the American people for a reason. This group wants soooo hard to be relavent  again that they don't understand that people just want to hear a rock and roll show.  I know you can't completely stop your rhetoric but stop trying so hard.  Just play the F-ing music and it will be great. They continue to reinforce this divide the 44th president started then play "One"...  and as far as the show.. its not a terrible set list, I get it- you want to play the new songs but come on guys, don't send us home asleep.  Throw  something in the encore with a little giddy up.. i.e.. streets , out of control or even something else  from Rattle and Hum like God part II since its 30 year anniversary. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, rspass said:

Hear hear... I've been to 30 U2 shows since 1987 and although I understand they are an extreme political group,  I've been able to ignore the rhetoric and enjoy the show.  However, it is starting to get over the top.. the anti Police stance is shameful.  Hands up don't shoot was a lie and proven to be so.  They were all for police and fire fighters back in 2001 during 911 when it was popular...even bringing them up on stage at MSG.  fast forward 17 years and now the in thing is anti Trump anti law enforcement anti anyone who is not on the left. . Bono is disconnected.. Trump was voted by the American people for a reason. This group wants soooo hard to be relavent  again that they don't understand that people just want to hear a rock and roll show.  I know you can't completely stop your rhetoric but stop trying so hard.  Just play the F-ing music and it will be great. They continue to reinforce this divide the 44th president started then play "One"...  and as far as the show.. its not a terrible set list, I get it- you want to play the new songs but come on guys, don't send us home asleep.  Throw  something in the encore with a little giddy up.. i.e.. streets , out of control or even something else  from Rattle and Hum like God part II since its 30 year anniversary. 

The ending is deliberate and makes sense with the overall theme and arc of the show.  People always clamor for them to start playing 40 to close shows, but not a lot of "giddy up" in that one either.  And no, 45 was not "voted by the American people."  Don't forget he lost "the people" by 3 million.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, rspass said:

Hahahahaha.  Obama was divisive??? I cannot think of a single politician who tried harder to reach across the aisle and work with bith parties.  Anyway, lets stick to the actual show and not your politics. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lukylsp said:

Glad you made it out alive with your scary walk and/or drive through the hood depending on where you parked. Congrats! Beverly Hills traffic and parking aren’t much better so I’m not connecting your parking issues with where the venue is located but whatevs. Welcome to living in a city with varying neighborhoods. 

If you thought Inglehood was clever or funny and instead someone (me) said it was tacky remember you posted it on a public forum which welcomes commentary naturally. 

All I know is I’m going to the show again tonight and am excited about it. End scene. 

And as such, Naturally, you will get replies to your commentary.  I didn't coin the term, it's been known as such for a long time now. Look it up.

2 hours ago, james busick said:

The ending is deliberate and makes sense with the overall theme and arc of the show.  People always clamor for them to start playing 40 to close shows, but not a lot of "giddy up" in that one either.  And no, 45 was not "voted by the American people."  Don't forget he lost "the people" by 3 million.

I just think when you make it such a theatrical production like they do with everything so scripted you pin yourself into a corner.  No room to mix it up...not even a tiny bit.  Not even A song... I l love seeing this band live and have been for 30 years... multiple shows every tour.  But this is just getting monotonous.  The casual fan doesn't want a story , they just want the hits ( Rock and Roll) the die hard fans that see multiple shows want some variety.  I know its a theme but this ain't Tommy... or is it ?

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

FYI...

That is good thinking right there....

Just now, mich40 said:

That is good thinking right there....

yup...

5 minutes ago, bigwave said:

this is cool

I love that.  And I bet Edge loved that too.

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

That's great! I hope that works for her. :lol: