U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

May 16, 2018    Los Angeles, CA    The Forum

1. Love Is All We Have Left
  2. The Blackout
  3. Lights of Home
  4. I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
  5. All Because of You
  6. Beautiful Day / Black Hole Sun (snippet)
  7. The Ocean
  8. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  9. Cedarwood Road
  10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
  11. Raised By Wolves
  12. Until The End Of the World / Amsterdam (snippet)

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

13. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  14. Vertigo / Rebel Yell (snippet)
  15. Desire
  16. Acrobat
  17. You're The Best Thing About Me
  18. Staring at The Sun
  19. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  20. Get Out Of Own Way
  21. American Soul
  22. City of Blinding Lights
  23. One / Invisible (snippet)
  24. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  25. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/steve-judd/ | mixlr.com/sil-rigote--2/ | mixlr.com/dreamoutloud/ | mixlr.com/sherry5160/ | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Damn, we lost a song tonight (Gloria & Red Flag Day for ABOY), the band went on about 10min later than they had been - may have had something to do with it but had such a great time. Very lengthy words before Staring At the Sun tonight. Good to hear Bono speak so much on my last US show. We got those blasted Forum wristbands again vs the NORTH SIDE/SOUTH SIDE U2 wristbands for the floor. Bah. 

Met so many nice people on these five dates, I ♥️ U2 fans. Now the long wait until October and the UK... 

Edited by lukylsp

INCREDIBLE energy from U2 last night! (May 16)

Very impressive how the band just keeps getting better with age. I want to congratulate the whole U2 team

on setting up the venues and the GA in particular. The new layout is awesome! I was outside the Red Zone rail

and was very comfortable thru out the night! Even saw Lady GaGa walked by me! Also ran into Mexican movie director Alejandro Inarritu!

Pride in the name of Love, Love is bigger, City of Blinding Lights were my favorites!! Also, the acoustic rendition of Best thing about me

was priceless!!! I've seen U2 in many shows before, and I highly recommend the GA ticket. You can hang around wherever you want, the people are nice and cordial and everyone respects your personal space!!! THANKS U2 FANS for being kind!!! play Coachella next year U2 !!! Next to Smashing Pumpkins!!!

Im from Indio and there's nothing more I would like for my April Birthday than watching you guys in my own backyard!!!!! -Peace

CLOSEUP OF ADAM VIDEO !!!!

Adam Small.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Amsterdam / Jacques Brel:

Yow.  This is one of the last things I'd expect to hear.  I thought it was Coldplay.   I love that they used this.

10 minutes ago, u2diehardperez said:

acoustic rendition of Best thing about me

I don't like it when they do this..  It's such a great song electric and now acoustic?  This is the last song I'd expect to be toned down.  Is it acoustic every show?  

20 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I don't like it when they do this..  It's such a great song electric and now acoustic?  This is the last song I'd expect to be toned down.  Is it acoustic every show?  

im not sure if its played like this every show - staring at the sun from POP was also played acoustic last night

Whatever it is it is.  There's enough other stuff to balance it all out.  I was really looking forward to YTBTAM live until I heard acoustic. Thanks for the answer.  I love Adam's bass in Best Thing About Me.   

25 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

It has been acoustic at every show so far on the tour and based on how the "e" stage set runs, I would guess it will stay that way - Larry switches to bongos, Edge straps on an acoustic guitar and afterwards, they go into Staring at the Sun acoustic as U2DieHarPerez mentioned above.

I'd LOVE to hear a full version of YTBTAM. When we saw them play it on the Joshua Tree Anniversary tour it was also acoustic so I've yet to see it full electric.

If I had my choice the band wouldn't play anything acoustic I like them at their full electric power at all times. :lol: That being said, it's a nice moment.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I'm surprised they would do that acoustic.  I'd love to know how they make these decisions; not because I want to question them.  It's their music and their show.  I would like to know the reasons they decide these things.  Such are the pitfalls of knowing about a show before it is seen.  I would like everything electric too.  

Yup...every show is acoustic. Same at TJT tour. I really wish they play it full band version.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 11:03 AM, Manohlive said:

I've seen and read and already know enough to realize that if you are a Trump supporter-you are not going to like this show.  If are going to be offended by anti-Trump rhetoric then you should know this show is going to both rub you the wrong way and get under your skin. 

I'm late to this thread, and just want to say that I loved the show (attended in San Jose and Las Vegas), but paid almost no attention to the messages on the screen (since I was close to the rail in GA anyway), and could not always make out what Bono was saying in his monologues.  So the political part was almost non-existent for me.   When I caught an occasional glimpse of the screen, and saw something like "Poverty is sexist", I just rolled my eyes, knowing that Bono needs to be Bono, and that's OK.   I also think that "American Soul" is the most boring part of the show.

Edited by Rich T.

Posted (edited)

I think what they are saying is true.  Women do suffer more from poverty than men do.  I'm looking forward to American Soul.  Many people who did not like that song loved it live.  One can agree or disagree with the politics.  Facts are facts.  Women suffer much more than men do; especially when poverty exists.  That's just fact.  In the end, it is their stage and they will do as they please.  That's no shade on you, RichT.  In the end, it's our world and we're all going to have to get along. We're going to disagree on things.  It's about finding common ground and getting things done for the greater good.  imho  Tuesday is Chicago.  I'm quite excited. 

Edited by Manohlive

13 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Having heard it live, I prefer acoustic Best Thing

Wow.  That's nice to hear, Shannon387.   

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I think what they are saying is true.  Women do suffer more from poverty than men do.  I'm looking forward to American Soul.  Many people who did not like that song loved it live.  One can agree or disagree with the politics.  Facts are facts.  Women suffer much more than men do; especially when poverty exists.  That's just fact.  In the end, it is their stage and they will do as they please.  That's no shade on you, RichT.  In the end, it's our world and we're all going to have to get along. We're going to disagree on things.  It's about finding common ground and getting things done for the greater good.  imho  Tuesday is Chicago.  I'm quite excited. 

I don't especially care for American Soul (though I can live with it) because I don't find it musically appealing, and because it seems like too much of a retread, in terms of the "America" theme (let alone the "Volcano" reprise).  

The reason I rolled my eyes at "poverty is sexist" is that there is no concerted effort to keep women poor but not the men with whom they live.  Maybe it's that way in Syria or somewhere - I don't know.  It's not that way in the US, anyhow.  I think Bono's point is that women are denied getting an education in some parts of the world, and so that keeps them poor, and so poverty is therefore sexist in those places.  I can agree to that extent.

But I just shrugged off the political part, knowing Bono to be a concerned individual and needing to do his thang.  I don't mind it.

If you're going on Tuesday, then yes, I'm excited for you, too!   Do you have GA?   If so, I'll give you my suggestions for where to stand.

Edited by Rich T.

I got seats.  I was going to do GA but they are not being released as they have other tours.  I've never not seen them released like this tour.  I have good seats, though.  Thanks.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I got seats.  I was going to do GA but they are not being released as they have other tours.  I've never not seen them released like this tour.  I have good seats, though.  Thanks.

That's cool too.

They usually release a few GA seats on the afternoon of the show, but that's a gut-wrenching way to do it.

Edited by Rich T.

1 hour ago, Rich T. said:

That's cool too.

They usually release a few GA seats on the afternoon of the show, but that's a gut-wrenching way to do it.

I've noticed they are not releasing as they did in previous tours.  A few got released for Chicago a couple days ago or so and were gone instantly.  Thanks!

On 5/16/2018 at 12:14 AM, bosawx said:

Just home from the first show in LA and wow... what a dissapointment. Let me first say this was my 41st U2 show since 1985 so I am no band wagon fan. But the amount of Anti-trump references, "we know better than you" and other patronizing rhetoric from Bono was sickening. One particular video display inferred that Trump supporters were KKK members. Really Bono? It must be so easy to pontificate from high above on a platform of stardom and wealth. Did you happen to notice the empty seats and HUGE open space on the GA floor area Bono? Maybe you should talk less and sing more. I want to continue to support the band I love but for God's sake..don't add to the division in this country set in motion by our radical 44th president.

I was there that night, and there was no "we know better than you" said. But yes, they do know better than a whole lot of people. Primarily those on the right.
I loved the performance of "American Soul" -- loud, flashy, and lyrics full of substance and heart. And the fact that the band sticks it to Trump supporters and Republicans every night with this song -- I LOVE THAT! Those people are sickening and I love that they're getting so much resistance from the majority of the country, if not the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/16/2018 at 9:02 AM, detroitalan said:

Thank you, bosawx.

Bono is a great entertainer, but extremely naive.

Pandering to women and insulting those who are not leftists is feeble.

He's been around the world, seen so many things. Clearly not naive after all that for 40+ years.
Naive are those who live in their bubble saying things like "pandering to woman is feeble", and that's putting it nicely.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, rspass said:

Hear hear... I've been to 30 U2 shows since 1987 and although I understand they are an extreme political group,  I've been able to ignore the rhetoric and enjoy the show.  However, it is starting to get over the top.. the anti Police stance is shameful.  Hands up don't shoot was a lie and proven to be so.  They were all for police and fire fighters back in 2001 during 911 when it was popular...even bringing them up on stage at MSG.  fast forward 17 years and now the in thing is anti Trump anti law enforcement anti anyone who is not on the left. . Bono is disconnected.. Trump was voted by the American people for a reason. This group wants soooo hard to be relavent  again that they don't understand that people just want to hear a rock and roll show.  I know you can't completely stop your rhetoric but stop trying so hard.  Just play the F-ing music and it will be great. They continue to reinforce this divide the 44th president started then play "One"...  and as far as the show.. its not a terrible set list, I get it- you want to play the new songs but come on guys, don't send us home asleep.  Throw  something in the encore with a little giddy up.. i.e.. streets , out of control or even something else  from Rattle and Hum like God part II since its 30 year anniversary. 

The band aren't "anti-police", they are "anti-Trump regime", there's a difference.
Trump was "elected" because he cheated. Plain and simple. If you don't see that, then I pity you.
And clearly you don't see why the show ends with "13 (There is a Light)". Just like when the 2015 tour started with "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)", this is a production built on STORY ELEMENTS, not just any rock concert. and the song "13" ends that story wonderfully!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 4:22 PM, Rich T. said:

Maybe it's that way in Syria or somewhere - I don't know.  It's not that way in the US, anyhow.

Yet women still make how much less, on the dollar, than men do in America?   How many have suffered assault and not been able to report it because they feared retribution?  It's supposedly changing.  I'll believe it when the facts speak it.  For now, women are not afforded the same as men are in America.  I'm not arguing with you.  I like the way we've exchanged differences. I think that is what the band means with nowhere do women...

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

please make an effort to keep the topic. There's always the option to open a new thread to continue a discussion that is not necessarily following the thread original subject.

Thanks.

Okay.  I thought this was on topic with the above.  My apologies.

Does anyone have a video recording of LA Forum Wednesday night, when they played "Love is Bigger" and right after the song ended, the whole crowd chanted "Oh-Oh-Oh' which seemed like forever? I loved that part of the concert!!! thanks