U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

Any likelihood a few U2 fanclub members might be invited?  I'd certainly get to NYC if U2 decides I'm a likely candidate!!!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, edfelt said:

Any likelihood a few U2 fanclub members might be invited?  I'd certainly get to NYC if U2 decides I'm a likely candidate!!!

Me too.. it's on my B'day. Already reached out to someone I know at Sirius who said no way he can get me in :(

• Like 1

I went to the Guns n Roses SiriusXM subscriber event at the Apollo last year. The way that worked was that SiriusXM sent out an email saying that on a certain date and time to click the link in the email, and request up to 2 tickets to the show. They were first come first served so they went very quickly, and I think only a portion of the seats in the Apollo were available for the contest. My wife and I didn't get tickets, but we went down to the Apollo on show day very early in the morning in case there were any people who didn't show up hoping we could get in. Eventually we did get in - and we had seats in the lower box just above the stage. It turned out they were seats that Axl Rose had for friends and family (per the Sirius rep) and he ended up giving them to us as we waited outside for so long (17 hours). Everyone at the show got free t-shirts, posters, food, drink, etc. I assume this will be the same process.

So don't fret if you can't get tickets through Sirius - Howard Stern will probably give away a pair or two, and you can always do as we did and just take a chance, go down to the Apollo, and maybe you'll get in w better seats than most of the execs or celebs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

I'm a Sirius and XM subscriber so do I get to do two entries?

Would be nice is U2.com members in tri-state area were eligible to win a seat.  And for a real throwback, how about extra chances to win for all former propaganda subscribers!

• Brilliant 3

If i win tickets to this I will give away my GA seats for Prudential. :-) 

• Like 2

I entered, we’ll see what happens ✌🏼

• Like 1

A dream has almost come true....
Three years ago when U2 were in New York for their I&E tour, I waited with countless other fans to meet them on July 18, 2015. When Bono came out, he signed my sign and Billie Holiday postcard. I am so shy, but I wrestled up the courage to tell him that I am U2's #1 fan (everyone says that), that I grew up in Harlem, and wished that they'd come perform at the Apollo Theatre. When I met Edge, I also asked him about the Apollo. Today while at work, I received a text from a friend informing me that U2 will perform at the Apollo this June (sponsored by Sirius). I want to be there! I've seen them in different cities, but the Apollo would be my fondest memory, for sure! I grew up not too far from the Apollo, and U2's music has inspired me, given me hope, as well as entertained me. I have to be there!! Romona (aka angelofharlem4u2).

July18MSG#2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Brilliant 2

13 hours ago, edfelt said:

When The Police were on their reunion tour in 2007-08, my friend and I won a ticket lottery run by The Police website/fanclub for a show at the Apollo Theater - it actually was a taping of an interview which ended up on TV. The interviewer was Elvis Costello. They did play a few songs as well.

Since SiriusXM is running this, I am highly dubious that we would get a shot for tickets here - but I am now formally inviting U2.com to prove me wrong! :D (Please prove me wrong...)

I am hopeful that other opportunities like this will be open to everyone here - I suspect there will be.

Wow, I really wish I were a Sirius subscriber or had friends who were!!!

These Sirius concerts at the Apollo have very limited space. Only a handful of people will actually win tix. The rest are celebrities and sirius employees. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wow... would love to attend this...

• Like 1

I like they are playing the Apollo.  I don't like having to subscribe to something else to be able to listen.  It's why I no longer have cable.  I'm tired of paying for things which should be free.  Just my opinion.  I don't think Sirius is worth the money.

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I like they are playing the Apollo.  I don't like having to subscribe to something else to be able to listen.  It's why I no longer have cable.  I'm tired of paying for things which should be free.  Just my opinion.  I don't think Sirius is worth the money.

I'm not criticizing the band.  I think wifi/internet access should be free as well.  That is what I mean.  I think it's great they are doing this.  I'd love to see or even hear it.  I'm not paying as radio should be free.  That's all I mean.

I'm a subscriber and I love Sirius - better than terrestrial radio for sure (no commercials for one thing which is where the "paying for it" comes into play - unless you're listening to Howard Stern or the few other talk radio channels who do run advertising) and the programming is fantastic. That being said, I get not wanting to pay for it - it's not cheap. I have the streaming only package so I can listen no matter where I am via the app which I believe is cheaper than running it through a car that has satellite radio capabilities. They do run free trials where you can listen for free for a week here and there and I think one is running right now if you wanted to check it out.

I've won Sirius contests in the past so that will either hurt me, help me or do neither, ha!

From the way I read it, only ONE person wins the prize with the trip and the tickets, but I don't see anything else about anyone else just winning tickets, so I do think our chances are slim....unless you listen to Stern and get them from his show, I guess.

Does anyone knows if there will be a livestream? Also for non-subscribers of Sirius? Also for outside US?

5 hours ago, soey said:

Does anyone knows if there will be a livestream?

At this moment, there isn't any indication there will be a livestream for this event...

Also for non-subscribers of Sirius?

In the event that there is a livestream... very unlikely...

Also for outside US?

In the event that there is a livestream... even more unlikely...

• Sad 1

On 5/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, lukylsp said:

That being said, I get not wanting to pay for it - it's not cheap.

There you have it, at least for me.  I'm already paying almost $70 a month for internet.  Add Netflix and HBO and it all gets to be too much money.  I had to draw the line or I would not be going to so many concerts.  It's a choice.  I'm not anti-Sirius.  I just don't want to have to pay for it.  

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)

I understand that this was business decision, yet I am disappointed that the general fan base does not have an opportunity to see them by purchasing tickets - especially in my case (it has been my dream to see them there).  The farthest I've traveled to see U2 is Montreal, but ironically, I cannot see them Harlem at the Apollo, and I grew up not to far from there.  😂

Edited by angelofharlem4u2
clarity
  • Like 1

Virgin Radio in the UK are running a competition for a trip to this show

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Manohlive said:
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, Manohlive said:

Apollo.  I don't like having to subscribe to something else to be able to listen.  It's why I no longer have cable.  I'm tired of paying for things which should be free.  Just my opinion.  I don't think Sirius is worth the money.

I'm not criticizing the band.  I think wifi/internet access should

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm not criticizing the band.  I think wifi/internet access should be free as well.  That is what I mean.  I think it's great they are doing this.  I'd love to see or even hear it.  I'm not paying as radio should be free.  That's all I mean.

Do you work for free?  Why should radio stations and ISPs work for you for free?