U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

12 hours ago, vtgirl77 said:

Angel of Harlem just played a few minutes ago. Anyone lucky enough to get through?  Just wondering if a human ever answers. Sometimes I get long silence, or a recorded voice that says the line isn't available.

When I've called I get it to usually ring several times but it just rings and rings and rings and eventually the line goes dead. Almost as if someone picked up the phone and hung it up quickly. I do also sometimes get the long silence, recorded voice, etc...

56 minutes ago, soph123 said:

Were you two using the app or car radio? Did it take a lot of tries? Does it actually ring before they answer? LOL. I wish you guys had one though! So close!

I was in car - it was well into the song when I called - it rang once - a lady said 3 and hung up!   I called back and kept getting a verizon recording 

• Like 2

Wow, good to hear some of you are actually getting through!

I'll try listening on the app after lunch, not giving up just yet

On 6/5/2018 at 8:22 PM, popfly said:

.. I was told by Sirius that if I wanted to win I should have bought a satellite radio receiver for my home. Oh...okay...let me get on that.

So I decided to take Sirius' advice. Rather than sit in my car for the entire day in 95 degree weather I opted to purchase a satellite radio receiver for my home. The satellite home receiver IS in sync with my car while the app is still is delayed by 2min 38 seconds. (see photo) Finally solved the lag issue.

Crossing my fingers that this works. I woke up round 6:20am MST today and looked at the receiver and they literally were playing AOH at that exact moment. (That really is the story of my life...just missing the moment by seconds to minutes) I tried calling in several times but didn't get through. I was told at the store that I have 2 weeks to return it if it doesn't work out. ;)

20180606_191816_001_1528334359261.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who says U2 fans are obsessed? ?

• Like 1

Ok y’all, so last night (the one around 9pm EST) the lady said I was caller 5 quite a bit into the song on the app. This morning, a lady said “caller 1, please try again” it was just a few seconds into the song on the app. So who knows what to make of that considering DianeDella was #3 in the car!  Only a few tries left :( anyone else feel like they will never be able to hear the beginning notes of AOH again without feeling like they need to spring into action?! If not me, hope some others here get lucky!

It is frustrating to say the least I have been listening all week and as much as it is great it is a little hard to listen to all the time with the show coming up this weekend.  I have listened as much as possible online at work.

I have called so many times but never gotten through.  A number of times I have been driving and I have it on voice dial.  The 9pm playing last night I was streaming via Alexa while taking a shower and I realized my phone was in the kitchen so I grabbed my towel and tore through the house and of course no luck.  Heard the 8:30am just as I arrived at work and had no luck but felt some relief that i could at least take a couple of hours off from listening.  Thrilled for all that won, not truly upset that I haven't won and have tickets to a couple of shows and have seen them so many times over the years but as I enter all the different contests I absurdly feel like I should win one of them, right?  

Will keep trying another day.  Looking forward to the Larry Mullen show that airs on Friday.  it will be nice to hear from him, I certainly have heard all of the Bono, Edge and Adam excerpts multiple times now!

16 minutes ago, dwenn said:

It is frustrating to say the least I have been listening all week and as much as it is great it is a little hard to listen to all the time with the show coming up this weekend.  I have listened as much as possible online at work.

I have called so many times but never gotten through.  A number of times I have been driving and I have it on voice dial.  The 9pm playing last night I was streaming via Alexa while taking a shower and I realized my phone was in the kitchen so I grabbed my towel and tore through the house and of course no luck.  Heard the 8:30am just as I arrived at work and had no luck but felt some relief that i could at least take a couple of hours off from listening.  Thrilled for all that won, not truly upset that I haven't won and have tickets to a couple of shows and have seen them so many times over the years but as I enter all the different contests I absurdly feel like I should win one of them, right?  

Will keep trying another day.  Looking forward to the Larry Mullen show that airs on Friday.  it will be nice to hear from him, I certainly have heard all of the Bono, Edge and Adam excerpts multiple times now!

I totally hear ya!! Not truly upset but disappointed that it's on my B'day and tried every avenue. At the same time I saw opening night will see Nassau Saturday and the end of tour in Dublin but missing the special show right near home is a bummer... Such is life I guess :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, diblue said:

Ok y’all, so last night (the one around 9pm EST) the lady said I was caller 5 quite a bit into the song on the app. This morning, a lady said “caller 1, please try again” it was just a few seconds into the song on the app. So who knows what to make of that considering DianeDella was #3 in the car!  Only a few tries left :( anyone else feel like they will never be able to hear the beginning notes of AOH again without feeling like they need to spring into action?! If not me, hope some others here get lucky!

1 hour ago, DianeDella said:

I was in car - it was well into the song when I called - it rang once - a lady said 3 and hung up!   I called back and kept getting a verizon recording 

So it seems to me that you actually have to fight to get through, pretty much like the other radio stations, that ring and hang up or ring busy or ring and you get the harried person on the other end shouting a number. The difference with this number though is the long silence and the voice mail saying it is unavailable. So I figure we all stand some kind of chance radio or app. I'm just going to give it a lot of tries before I give up. I've been giving up pretty quickly before today because of the silence and the voice mail.

50 minutes ago, popfly said:

So I decided to take Sirius' advice. Rather than sit in my car for the entire day in 95 degree weather I opted to purchase a satellite radio receiver for my home. The satellite home receiver IS in sync with my car while the app is still is delayed by 2min 38 seconds. (see photo) Finally solved the lag issue.

Crossing my fingers that this works. I woke up round 6:20am MST today and looked at the receiver and they literally were playing AOH at that exact moment. (That really is the story of my life...just missing the moment by seconds to minutes) I tried calling in several times but didn't get through. I was told at the store that I have 2 weeks to return it if it doesn't work out. ;)

Not gonna lie. I've been thinking of doing the same thing. My local Best Buy doesn't have it in stock though. Same device too. 

I wonder if Sirius will be at the Nassau show giving out chances to win tickets.  Would make sense given 90% of the people at the show live within 2 hours of Apollo.

I'll be there, who else?
Should be there by 5:30

5 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

I wonder if Sirius will be at the Nassau show giving out chances to win tickets.  Would make sense given 90% of the people at the show live within 2 hours of Apollo.

I'll be there, who else?

I will be there I am doubtful on the Sirius thing since I believe the show is a WBAB show but who knows 

There are some tickets left so I've been debating it. Not sure why they'd be doing any giveaways there though...

7 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

I'll be there, who else?

I'll be there.  Maybe they would have some ticket giveaways there.  I know if you see a Sirius tent somewhere you probably should check it out.  I know they plan to play somewhat radically different songs for the Apollo, which will be sweet to listen to.  I know the show with all the technology is the show but I wonder if they would maybe play a song or two extra that they will play at the Apollo just to try them out before that show?

3 minutes ago, soph123 said:

There are some tickets left so I've been debating it. Not sure why they'd be doing any giveaways there though...

Sirius has an event team, they are often at concerts and sports events to try to attract new subs.

I only know about it because my wife worked there

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soph123 said:

Thinking the same. I'm off that day.

Ditto.  It doesn't sound like the venue will be at capacity so maybe after they set up everything they may realize a few more can squeeze in???  Or at least in the event of last minute no-shows...?  I'm being really optimistic but hey a gal can dream can't she??

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Sirius has an event team, they are often at concerts and sports events to try to attract new subs.

I only know about it because my wife worked there

Ah OK, good point about them having tents at these events... 

3 hours ago, afg said:

Who says U2 fans are obsessed? ?

I have absolutely no idea how you might get that impression or come to that conclusion ?

2 hours ago, soph123 said:

Not gonna lie. I've been thinking of doing the same thing. My local Best Buy doesn't have it in stock though. Same device too. 

I did get this at Best Buy. They were out of the version that had the receiver and the home kit bundled together so I bought the version that had the receiver bundled with the vehicle kit and then bought the home kit separate. I figured it should work no problem and it did. I am already a Sirius subscriber so I called them and told them I simply wanted to test out having Sirius in my home and asked them if they could give me a 2 week trial and they did.

3 hours ago, popfly said:

The irony of the song name on the left...

• Haha 2
  • Brilliant 1

7 hours ago, famami said:

Wow, congrats.  How did you find out? email?  Are you a Sirius XM winner or U2.com winner?

7 hours ago, famami said:

Wow, congrats.  How did you find out? email?  Are you a Sirius XM winner or U2.com winner?

Which contest did you win?  u2.com or Sirius? How did u find out???

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, lukylsp said:

We got the final confirmation email as well - I re-read it 10 times! :) At least a few of us here are getting in!

Which contests did you guys win? Sirius radio or u2.com?

What contests are people winning? (specifically) please.

can't even get it to ring this time - was listening on app - any luck?

AOH (tricky, tricky....live version!) just after 4pm and I was using the radio. I noticed the app was well behind as others have noted. I couldn’t get through. I also tried all the way through Surrender just in case they were taking the app lag into consideration and delaying answering. I think I’m overthinking this ??? 

MUST. WIN.....MUST. WINNNNNNNNN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1