U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

1 hour ago, allyson2008 said:

Crossing my fingers that this works. I woke up round 6:20am MST today and looked at the receiver and they literally were playing AOH at that exact moment. (That really is the story of my life...just missing the moment by seconds to minutes) I tried calling in several times but didn't get through. I was told at the store that I have 2 weeks to return it if it doesn't work out. ;)

Like I said earlier this morning at 6:20AM. The story of my life is missing things by seconds to minutes. I have been sitting here      A L L     D A Y     L O N G     since 6:20AM this morning with my phone in my hand and my Sirius receiver on. When one song ends I grab my phone and get ready to press the call button. I've been so tired today as I had little sleep last night. Of course what happens just now??? I accidentally dosed off for not even 5 minutes and when I woke up I heard Angel of Harlem in my earbud from Sydney playing.  I called and called and called and called and called and called and then called some more. NOTHING! I really do have the worst luck when it comes to anything U2 related. In fact in the few vehicle accidents that I have gotten into over the years (none my fault) I had U2 playing in the car or in my headphones. One might think I play their music all of the time so that explains why U2 would be on when getting into an accident. No, actually in all of those instances I hadn't played U2 in about 2 weeks or so. So now when I ride my scooter U2 is not allowed to be played. Wrecking on my scooter while listening to Dirty Day wasn't fun nor were the road rash scars that came after.

I was in the car and started calling within the first two notes. Lol. Rangba couple of times and the silence and voice mail. Someone might have answered and hung up the first time but I was in the car with the raido still playing. Ah well. 

4:06, heard opening note and dialed right away.  Got a ring, then a busy signal, and then a call failed 5x in a row.  Never a human

I guess that is it for today, someone said they only play it twice a day

9 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

4:06, heard opening note and dialed right away.  Got a ring, then a busy signal, and then a call failed 5x in a row.  Never a human

I guess that is it for today, someone said they only play it twice a day

That's what the rules say but they played it three times yesterday and this was a different version. I dunno. I might listen off and on for the rest of the day.

• Thanks 1

I was in the car too. Was picking up my son from school... he gets in the car and starts telling me excitedly about who signed his yearbook and I'm listening to the app, and to him, just bopping along, and suddenly yell "wait a minute!" and we both cracked up because by this time the song is half over. I tried to call several times. Got a message that said the call couldn't go through at this time. ??? I have to laugh because this is my kind of luck and my son thought it was a riot. LOL!

I thought the song is only played twice a day too.  However it was played a third time last night. Maybe SiriusXM makes up their own rules as they go.

I tried this afternoon when the live cut of AOH came on in my car too. Got the dead silence a few times, then got the voicemail message. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, JessLee said:

Which contests did you guys win? Sirius radio or u2.com?

Calling in to Sirius when they played AOH.

Ok, so I collated all the times I could find from this thread and my call logs on my cell phone of the times that they played AOH...Some times maybe slightly off due to people reporting from using the app versus the radio/streaming and also sometimes they didn’t note if it was eastern time zone but anyway this gives us a little bit of an idea how often they been playing it and what time of day. I would love to go down there on Monday and wait all day in hopes that I get a ticket in there but I have a broken foot and it’s just not feasible. if I don’t know for sure that we don’t have seats I can’t go there this time.  Any other time I would be there absolutely but I’m gonna keep on trying to win till the end of the week! Just looked at my call log, I’ve tried well over 400 times ?

good luck!

AOH PLAY TIMES (Eastern, approx)

FRI 6/1.     09:02p

SAT 6/2.    10:17a,       07:23p

SUN 6/3.    08:00a,    03:50p

MON 6/4.    06:48a,   02:52p

TUE 6/5.      08:55a,   02:52p,    05:58p

WED 6/6.    12:59p,     02:39p,   05:25p

THU 6/7.      08:30a,    04:03p

Edited by skeegan68
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, skeegan68 said:

Ok, so I collated all the times I could find from this thread and my call logs on my cell phone of the times that they played AOH...Some times maybe slightly off due to people reporting from using the app versus the radio/streaming and also sometimes they didn’t note if it was eastern time zone but anyway this gives us a little bit of an idea how often they been playing it and what time of day. I would love to go down there on Monday and wait all day in hopes that I get a ticket in there but I have a broken foot and it’s just not feasible. if I don’t know for sure that we don’t have seats I can’t go there this time.  Any other time I would be there absolutely but I’m gonna keep on trying to win till the end of the week! Just looked at my call log, I’ve tried well over 400 times ?

good luck!

AOH PLAY TIMES (Eastern, approx)

MON 6/4.    07:00a,   02:52p

TUE 6/5.      08:55a,   02:52p

THU 6/7.      08:30a,    04:03p

A couple of the times listed on my call log are from when I had heard it and called are a bit different than what you have.

Mon 6/4 - I can tell you that on Monday they played it at 4:48am (on the app) MST. So 6:48am EST.  I had been listening all through the night and didn't sleep and just as I was about to go to bed it came on the app.

Tue 6/5  - They definitely played it at 3:58pm MST on the app. (5:58pm EST) because I walked out of the grocery store angry that I hadn't gotten back in my car quick enough to have called when it first came on the radio. So did they play it 3 times also on Tuesday or is the time zone just off on what you have listed?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, popfly said:

A couple of the times listed on my call log are from when I had heard it and called are a bit different than what you have.

Mon 6/4 - I can tell you that on Monday they played it at 4:48am (on the app) MST. So 6:48am EST.  I had been listening all through the night and didn't sleep and just as I was about to go to bed it came on the app.

Tue 6/5  - They definitely played it at 3:58pm MST on the app. (5:58pm EST) because I walked out of the grocery store angry that I hadn't gotten back in my car quick enough to have called when it first came on the radio. So did they play it 3 times also on Tuesday or is the time zone just off on what you have listed?

Did anyone else hear the song about 12 mins ago? (7:12pm CST) I called and the phone rang each time and I got the recording that the contest line was unavailable. 

25 minutes ago, skeegan68 said:

Thanks @popfly I’ll fix it. It was hard to figure out ?

@sms_10 I’m 99.99% sure it didn’t play then. I’ve been listening all day. 

Ok that makes me feel better I guess. I’m listening on the app and haven’t refreshed in a while. I was beginning to think the contest was over. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, sm2112 said:

:( And congrats

Thank you. I am so thankful and hope it can be mixlr'd for everyone without a ticket. I've been blessed to hear so many shows that way. I never, ever, ever win anything and as a super longtime fan (I know--we all are! But at least you know this free ticket went to one!) this is the best thing I could possibly ever win. I will take you all in spirit. Just like I hope all you Dublin-goers take me later this year!

• Like 2

They just played it at 06:55a eastern, couldn’t get through :(

AOH PLAY TIMES (Eastern, approx)

MON 6/4.    06:48a,   02:52p

TUE 6/5.      08:55a,   02:52p,    05:58p

THU 6/7.      08:30a,    04:03p   ***missing?

FRI 6/8.        06:55a

They just played it again. Was listening through the app. Rang a lot of times, but I didn't get through. Anyone else have any luck?

1 hour ago, soph123 said:

They just played it again. Was listening through the app. Rang a lot of times, but I didn't get through. Anyone else have any luck?

OMG...can I catch a break??? I woke up at exactly 5am MST to start listening again. 5 minutes AFTER they played it. ??

My U2 luck is horrible!!!!

On the first day I was caller number 3. That is as close as I have gotten. :(

• Like 1

If I could, you know I would...

Give you all tickets to the Apollo show! Really, I would. :) 
But in the meantime, I sure am enjoying the U2 station on SiriusXM. I thought I knew everything - every song by U2 anyway - but apparently not. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I was caller 10 this morning!  I was home listening on the app on my phone.  As soon as I heard it started playing, I called.  The first time, after about 10 seconds of silence, I hung up.  Then the second time silence for a few seconds, then started ringing... Then a woman said - Hi - you are caller number 10!  That's when I almost fainted...  So for everyone listening on the app, you most definitely can win!!  

Good luck!!  :)

Edited by eileen
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, eileen said:

Hi everyone, I was caller 10 this morning!  I was home listening on the app on my phone.  As soon as I heard it started playing, I called.  The first time, after about 10 seconds of silence, I hung up.  Then the second time silence for a few seconds, then started ringing... Then a woman said - Hi - you are caller number 10!  That's when I almost fainted...  So for everyone listening on the app, you most definitely can win!!  

Good luck!!  :)

Congrats! Eileen! That's awesome. :) Thanks for letting us know of the experience too! I'm sure you're going to have an amazing time! :)

• Like 1

I got up to listen at 7 thinking they wouldn't play it before that. ?

Guess I don't have to listen religiously till later today

5 minutes ago, soph123 said:

Congrats! Eileen! That's awesome. :) Thanks for letting us know of the experience too! I'm sure you're going to have an amazing time! :)

Thanks so much!   I still cannot believe it!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eileen said:

Thanks so much!   I still cannot believe it!!

I can imagine! :) Well if you end up without a plus one you know a bunch of people that would be more than happy to accompany you. LOL! Seriously though, enjoy!

• Like 1

Has anyone heard a reply from U2.com regarding their offer to win tickets to the bands performance this Monday June 11, in NYC? I was wondering if anyone was chosen and got an email stating they had won tickets.