U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

19 hours ago, lukylsp said:

I thought someone said 6/08 (so today) would be the last day of the call-in contest. I could be wrong - someone correct me if I am.

Lukylsp...PM me your real name and I’ll find u on FB and add you to the group....it was hard to find, (maybe cuz it’s listed as a secret group??) someone had to send me the link

11 minutes ago, cmripa said:

Lukylsp...PM me your real name and I’ll find u on FB and add you to the group....it was hard to find, (maybe cuz it’s listed as a secret group??) someone had to send me the link

Oh no worries - my email isn’t searchable on Facebook and my name probably has a ton of search results. I tried looking for the group on FB but nothing came up so I assumed it was a secret/hidden group. 

So that's it, all contests over?  Any other ideas on scoring tickets to this gig?  Even just a single?  

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, rvh95 said:

So that's it, all contests over?  Any other ideas on scoring tickets to this gig?  Even just a single?  

😢Seems that way. I'll throw it out there to the world and TPTB that I'm just minutes away from the Apollo and can go on a moment's notice should an opening arise. (As is everyone reading this!)

Edited by donna_mc
  • Upvote 1

is there anyone who didn't win still that's planning on just hanging out there at all in the off chance there's an opening?

1 hour ago, MKmonte said:

is there anyone who didn't win still that's planning on just hanging out there at all in the off chance there's an opening?

I am...You? 

10 hours ago, DianeDella said:

I am...You? 

considering it..don't want to wait alllll day though...would be awesome to catch them as they head in for soundcheck - i'd take that as a consolation prize lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MKmonte said:

considering it..don't want to wait alllll day though...would be awesome to catch them as they head in for soundcheck - i'd take that as a consolation prize lol

I would definitely take the chance. As I said in an earlier post I went down to the Apollo last year for the Guns n Roses show without tickets, eventually got in with tickets 10 feet from the stage. It was a long wait though for me, although people who showed up a couple hours beforehand were able to get in. Plus if you do get in you'll likely get a lot of cool freebies like I did last year (shirts, posters, etc).

If you want to catch them coming in or out after I think they come in on 126th street -

Anyone know what time is the actual show? 8pm? 

And they are airing it on Sirius XM on Wednesday not live at all today, correct?

On 5/16/2018 at 8:00 AM, nyru2 said:

These Sirius concerts at the Apollo have very limited space. Only a handful of people will actually win tix. The rest are celebrities and sirius employees. 

...and a certain cast of recurring characters that will remain nameless, I'd bet.  :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m still hoping against all hope that I get a last minute miracle call because someone declined....I know it’s nearly impossible but I can’t stop hoping!!!  I can’t go wait out there all day, broken foot and all. I braved the RZ on Sat and made it but I can’t push it! 

Was worth the strain though being close!

Anyone know how XM is assigning seats for people with an invitation?   Are seats pre-assigned or is it GA/first come first served

Email says not to show up before 6:30, Is anyone intending to go up before then?

1 minute ago, pvdjunior said:

Anyone know how XM is assigning seats for people with an invitation?   Are seats pre-assigned or is it GA/first come first served

Email says not to show up before 6:30, Is anyone intending to go up before then?

No GA, everyone will have a seat assignment.  When you show up is irrelevant

13 hours ago, MKmonte said:

Thinking about it depending on how work goes today

I hope everyone has a great show.  I hope those who are going to go stand and wait in case they can find some tickets do find them and they're up front.

7 hours ago, soph123 said:

Anyone know what time is the actual show? 8pm? 

And they are airing it on Sirius XM on Wednesday not live at all today, correct?

It appears they are indeed airing it on Wednesday, June 13, at 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time to 6:00 PM EDT. Only an hour...but at least now I know when I need to have the volume turned up. :u2-1383:

All the lucky people who get to go have fun....we will be here living vicariously...

• Like 1

Just now, badsilver said:

All the lucky people who get to go have fun....we will be here living vicariously...

Me too! I’m on vacation but would have ditched my family and flew to NYC in a heartbeat if I had won! 😩