U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

6 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

This event appears to be for those who are likely highly privileged.  I understand that this was business decision, yet I am disappointed that the general fan base does not have an opportunity to see them - especially in my case (it has been my dream to see them there).  The farthest I've traveled to see U2 is Montreal, but ironically, I cannot see them Harlem at the Apollo, and I grew up not to far from there.  😂

Privileged?

The general fan base that subscribes to Sirius can win tickets by listening to the U2 station or by entering online for the grand prize which is tickets and transport to the show.

23 hours ago, soey said:

Does anyone knows if there will be a livestream? Also for non-subscribers of Sirius? Also for outside US?

Nope, show is for subscribers only.

Sure someone in audience will tape it and post it online

• Like 1

6 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

This event appears to be for those who are likely highly privileged.  I understand that this was business decision, yet I am disappointed that the general fan base does not have an opportunity to see them - especially in my case (it has been my dream to see them there).  The farthest I've traveled to see U2 is Montreal, but ironically, I cannot see them Harlem at the Apollo, and I grew up not to far from there.  😂

If your company that you work for holds a holiday party, should people who dont work there be invited? Sirius is holding the event and U2 is the entertainment. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Do you work for free?  Why should radio stations and ISPs work for you for free?

Those are good questions.  I have worked for free many times.  That does not mean someone else should., however; many do.  I'm not attacking this.  I'm stating my opinion.  I think it's cool they are doing this.  I'm not asking anyone to work for free.  I'm saying I'm not willing to pay for everything.  This is one of those things for which I'm not willing to pay.  I buy the cds, etc.  Internet being free is for people who cannot afford or access it.  I'm not talking about me.  I'm talking about those who go without because they are struggling.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Nope, show is for subscribers only.

Sure someone in audience will tape it and post it online

hopefully - thank you

FWIW, Sirius is the best $10 a month spent for me. listen in my car, home, work. Can drive across country without changing stations. Every genre of music at my fingertips. And access to U2 at the Apollo..(if i get lucky!!) 

• Like 1

Info about the SiriusXM U2 channel ---> http://blog.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-to-launch-the-u2-experience-an-exclusive-limited-run-channel/

possible relevant paragraph:

On Monday, June 11, U2 will take a one night detour from the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 to perform at Harlem’s legendary Apollo Theater for the first time ever for a special invitation-only concert for SiriusXM subscribers. This exclusive SiriusXM concert, and U2’s most intimate New York City show in nearly 20 years, will air on SiriusXM’s The U2 Experience, channel 30, on Wednesday, June 13 at 5 pm ET.

The concert will also air simultaneously on Howard Stern’s Howard 101 channel. Subscribers will be able to listen to SiriusXM hosts Bill Flanagan and Jenny Eliscu host the pre-show concert coverage from the historic Harlem landmark.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, nyru2 said:

If your company that you work for holds a holiday party, should people who dont work there be invited? Sirius is holding the event and U2 is the entertainment. 

Of course not.  As I indicated in a post, I respect that it's a business decision to do this private show, but am disappointed that fans who don't subscribe to Sirius XM won't be able to enjoy this historic event.  I am definitely looking forward to the shows I have coming up, but seeing them at the Apollo would have been a special memory for me. 

Edited by angelofharlem4u2

is there a free subscription? (Or any Mixlers, maybe?)

Anyway, I really really hope that someone will tape it - maybe U2 or Sirius stream it later for free...here's hope, still...

7 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

Of course not.  As I indicated in a post, I respect that it's a business decision to do this private show, but am disappointed that fans who don't subscribe to Sirius XM won't be able to enjoy this historic event.  I am definitely looking forward to the shows I have coming up, but seeing them at the Apollo would have been a special memory for me. 

Angel-I agree with you, in theory.  Why should we get free access to something for which this gentleman is paying every month?  My comments were that I chose not to pay for Sirius.  It's only ten bucks a month. I had to draw the line and paying for radio was where my cutoff point laid itself.  That was my choice.  Why not pay the ten bucks and have your chance to see them at the Apollo if it means that much to you?  It's a suggestion, not a criticism. I think he has a valid point.  Any private U2 show is not going to be available to fans who are not a part of whomever is paying for the private show.  

When I said I thought radio should be free, I meant in general-not this particular happening.  I'm not willing to pay for Sirius because I'm paying for other streaming.  I never meant that this sort of thing should be free.  I should have been more clear about it.

The contest is for Sirius XM members who've already belonged to the program prior to April 25h (If I read it correctly), so my new subscription does not count.  Regardless, I wish the best to those who are blessed to attend the event :).

Edited by angelofharlem4u2