U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

Twitter too...I still can't go...? Good luck all!

If you're in the area, show up anyway. You can probably enter in as someone's plus one. People helped each other out when they did the LA thing at the Roxy ( I think?) a few years ago. Ya never know.

• Brilliant 1

4 hours ago, lynn_klein said:

What time did you win?  

This morning around 7:00 AM

5 hours ago, couch said:

Has anyone won by calling in yet?

I won this morning, they took all my information and said someone from promo department would get back to me sometime today. I havent heard anything yet..........

My husband got the call from Sirius a couple of hours ago with all of the info + was told to expect an email. He won on Friday.

What I'm trying to understand is how Sirius XM has been promoting this for days and days about this concert, saying June 4, as in TODAY is the last day to enter for a chance to win.  What they fail to mention is the cutoff time was 3:00am this morning???!!!   Really???  Who is the genius that decided on that timeframe.  Also Sirius, for future reference, you might want to mention a major stipulation like that in your commercials.  Its not that hard to accurately mention such a ridiculous cutoff time.  Looking forward to canceling my subscription.  

4 hours ago, Neo22 said:

What I'm trying to understand is how Sirius XM has been promoting this for days and days about this concert, saying June 4, as in TODAY is the last day to enter for a chance to win.  What they fail to mention is the cutoff time was 3:00am this morning???!!!   Really???  Who is the genius that decided on that timeframe.  Also Sirius, for future reference, you might want to mention a major stipulation like that in your commercials.  Its not that hard to accurately mention such a ridiculous cutoff time.  Looking forward to canceling my subscription.  

People managing the website are in Europe which I think confused things quite a bit. There are a number of contests going on Sirus XM as well as U2.com. Some still open... 

14 hours ago, sm2112 said:

Anyone know when the U2.com winners are being announced? 

I received an email this evening asking me to accept or decline by 6 PM tomorrow so they could find another u2.com subscriber if I needed to decline. I hope it works out, and you are able to go too!!!!!!’

• Like 3

7 hours ago, julibuli said:

I received an email this evening asking me to accept or decline by 6 PM tomorrow so they could find another u2.com subscriber if I needed to decline. I hope it works out, and you are able to go too!!!!!!’

Damn. That means the 25 were selected. 

If you need a plus one, I’m available lol

congrats! 

• Like 2

Congrats to anyone who was selected from the U2 subscribers. :) I wasn't one of them. Ah well. 

They just played the song on Sirius XM and I tried calling but no luck. Wouldn't connect and then it said the line wasn't available so I figured they got their winner already. Seems like they play it twice a day...

1 minute ago, soph123 said:

Congrats to anyone who was selected from the U2 subscribers. :) I wasn't one of them. Ah well. 

They just played the song on Sirius XM and I tried calling but no luck. Wouldn't connect and then it said the line wasn't available so I figured they got their winner already. Seems like they play it twice a day...

Yeah, I have not gotten through even one time on that contest line yet.  Must be thousands calling.

• Like 1

If anyone needs a plus one: I'm off that day and can be there in less than an hour. LOL

14 minutes ago, soph123 said:

If anyone needs a plus one: I'm off that day and can be there in less than an hour. LOL

Edited by afg

8 hours ago, julibuli said:

:( And congrats

Yesterday at 2:50 EST I couldn't get through when they played AOH, does that number ever ring?
This am at 8:53 I ran in during Wild Honey to pee and when I came out verse 1 of AOH was playing, are  you kidding me!  Didn't even bother trying to call

17 hours ago, couch said:

This morning around 7:00 AM

Were you listening via the app or via satellite (like in your car?) I'm asking because I have a 2 min 38 second gap between what I receive via satellite in my car vs what is streaming on the app. The app on my phone is unfortunately what is behind. The web app and the app on my PS4 is delayed even later than my phone. I spoke to SiriusXM support and they basically had no solution. I was trying to determine if others are seeing the same length of delay between the satellite and the streaming apps.

6 minutes ago, popfly said:

Were you listening via the app or via satellite (like in your car?) I'm asking because I have a 2 min 38 second gap between what I receive via satellite in my car vs what is streaming on the app. The app on my phone is unfortunately what is behind. The web app and the app on my PS4 is delayed even later than my phone. I spoke to SiriusXM support and they basically had no solution. I was trying to determine if others are seeing the same length of delay between the satellite and the streaming apps.

Yesterday I posted about a lag between car and app

In my MX I have XM, Desire was ending
On iPhone app at same moment Desire was just beginning

Take the lag and nonexistent number and we have close to no chance to win

31 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Yesterday I posted about a lag between car and app

In my MX I have XM, Desire was ending
On iPhone app at same moment Desire was just beginning

Take the lag and nonexistent number and we have close to no chance to win

At least one person on this post won using the app so not sure what to think.  I guess I'll just enjoy the music and give it a try if I hear AOH ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ballardmama said:

Seems like the last couple days they’ve been playing it before 6am West coast time.  Sigh.  

Offices are in NYC so that makes sense staffing wise

13 hours ago, julibuli said:

Have you heard anything back yet? My bff got an email too, responded yes but no email back yet!!! Freaking out waiting to hear back!!! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, afg said:

At least one person on this post won using the app so not sure what to think.  I guess I'll just enjoy the music and give it a try if I hear AOH ?

I literally listened for almost a full 24 hour cycle the day before last and only heard them play AOH once. They played it at 4:45am (MST). I went to bed immediately after and I woke up yesterday at 11am and continued to listen until 3am this morning. (even took my phone to the shower with me) I only had one 45min time span where I couldn't listen, which was roughly from 8:30pm - 9:20pm (MST) last night. I never heard AOH played even once during all of that time. At this rate SiriusXM are giving away only about 50 tickets in total via this promotion up until the show date?

Based on the 1500 capacity of the venue and low numbers of tickets being given away by SiriusXM to subscribers I would say there's a significant number going to guestlist. This was my gripe about the Roxy show too. The Roxy had a strict 500 seat capacity as the fire marshal was there to make sure they didn't go over.  U2 used a skeleton crew and told their personnel they couldn't attend as they needed the space. U2 were given half of the total capacity for the show (250 tickets) for their personal use. We sat outside watching celebrity after celebrity walk into that show while a line of us stood outside hoping for a chance that capacity would be lenient enough for us to get in. I don't mind that U2 took half of the tickets for their own show. What I do have a problem with is U2 taking half of the tickets for a make-up show that was for KROQ listeners. What I do have a problem with for the Apollo show is that SiriusXM is stating it is for "SiriusXM subscribers" however the number of tickets they are giving away is minimal. I'd say less than 500, if that in total. U2.com is giving away roughly 50. The remaining 1,000 tickets?? My guess is once again it's going to a personal guestlist, record label exec's, VP's, etc... They should call it like it is...a private show. This isn't a SiriusXM subscriber show. Just like with the Roxy I'd venture to say that the vast majority of the people going are there to simply say that they "saw U2 at a small venue" and could care less about the actual show. Meanwhile actual fans who would do almost anything to attend would literally consider this to be a show of a lifetime for them. It's just really frustrating.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, popfly said:

I literally listened for almost a full 24 hour cycle the day before last and only heard them play AOH once. They played it at 4:45am (MST). I went to bed immediately after and I woke up yesterday at 11am and continued to listen until 3am this morning. (even took my phone to the shower with me) I only had one 45min time span where I couldn't listen, which was roughly from 8:30pm - 9:20pm (MST) last night. I never heard AOH played even once during all of that time. At this rate SiriusXM are giving away only about 50 tickets in total via this promotion up until the show date?

Based on the 1500 capacity of the venue and low numbers of tickets being given away by SiriusXM to subscribers I would say there's a significant number going to guestlist. This was my gripe about the Roxy show too. The Roxy had a strict 500 seat capacity as the fire marshal was there to make sure they didn't go over.  U2 used a skeleton crew and told their personnel they couldn't attend as they needed the space. U2 were given half of the total capacity for the show (250 tickets) for their personal use. We sat outside watching celebrity after celebrity walk into that show while a line of us stood outside hoping for a chance that capacity would be lenient enough for us to get in. I don't mind that U2 took half of the tickets for their own show. What I do have a problem with is U2 taking half of the tickets for a make-up show that was for KROQ listeners. What I do have a problem with for the Apollo show is that SiriusXM is stating it is for "SiriusXM subscribers" however the number of tickets they are giving away is minimal. I'd say less than 500, if that in total. U2.com is giving away roughly 50. The remaining 1,000 tickets?? My guess is once again it's going to a personal guestlist, record label exec's, VP's, etc... They should call it like it is...a private show. This isn't a SiriusXM subscriber show. Just like with the Roxy I'd venture to say that the vast majority of the people going are there to simply say that they "saw U2 at a small venue" and could care less about the actual show. Meanwhile actual fans who would do almost anything to attend would literally consider this to be a show of a lifetime for them. It's just really frustrating.

Sadly, this is probably true.  I really wish the band would truly do something like this for the fans ONLY.   Hey, maybe someday they will do a run of shows at a small venue in NYC like Bruce.

They played Angel of Harlem approx 11:30am PT yesterday (Monday) but it was the only time I heard it however, I wasn't at my desk a ton so I could've missed it if they played it again.

I will say, this channel makes me want to go back and listen to NLOTH again - at the time I was not a huge fan of that album and only spun it a handful of times then sort of walked. I've always been a big fan of Magnificent but that was mostly it - going to give it another shot.