U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

just did some math for those of you interested... these are the contest tickets by the numbers so far:

1 pair = Grand Prize

25 pairs = U2.com song request 

16 pairs = AOH 10th caller promo (they played it at 6:45am EST yesterday and again in the afternoon, so they are playing 2 times/day) (ends June 8th)

25 pairs = Facebook/Twitter photo contest, ends 5pm today (not sure if eastern or pacific time zone)

These equal 134 tickets, which is less than 10% of the total tickets available (1500). Maybe there will be another 25 pair contest tomorrow (eternal optimist). Maybe they'll get up to 500 for actual fans (super eternal optimist). 

Congrats to all who have won! Best of Luck to the rest of us! 

• Like 1

So there is lag between car and app and then their is lag when using a laptop.  The laptop lag is even worse than the app lag

FYI

1 hour ago, lukylsp said:

I will say, this channel makes me want to go back and listen to NLOTH again - at the time I was not a huge fan of that album and only spun it a handful of times then sort of walked. I've always been a big fan of Magnificent but that was mostly it - going to give it another shot.

There are a lot of us here who feel that NLOTH was grossly underrated when it was new and during the intervening years as well. Personally, I love it and have always loved it, and am a bit disappointed that the band seems to have stepped back from it as well. I loved the NLOTH songs live on the U2360 tour. However, if the channel has inspired you to revisit it, well done SiriusXM! ?

OK-  back to normal Apollo-oriented business... ?

NLOTH and Innocence are the only tours I've missed since seeing them starting back with WAR tour.

Skipped NLOTH because I thought the cd was meh, Innocence because we were busy with kids/having kids.

The NLOTH aged well, I like them better now

• Like 1

All I know is that I can't wait for this show - from the sounds of it, not a ton of winners/fans will make it in (unless more contests come down the pipeline) so I feel super stoked to be able to go. My flight/hotel are booked so it's really real.

• Like 4

5:56pm ETS, the first call goes through to a message about Cisco system can't take messages
Next attempts just saying calling.....

Little effort being made on Sirius's end.  

We got final confirmation late today....pinch me...out of my mind...SO excited!!! Will most definitely be one of the most magical U2 events for me (although there’s been many over the past 35 yrs ?❤️ this is sure to be one of the best!) good luck to all diehards hoping to get in that door!! ?? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cmripa said:

We got final confirmation late today....pinch me...out of my mind...SO excited!!! Will most definitely be one of the most magical U2 events for me (although there’s been many over the past 35 yrs ?❤️ this is sure to be one of the best!) good luck to all diehards hoping to get in that door!! ?? 

We got the final confirmation email as well - I re-read it 10 times! :) At least a few of us here are getting in!

• Like 3

So I did an online chat with Sirius to say the number goes through to a Cisco message.  They tell me contest ended on 6/4. I tell them this is for a different contest a dial-in one for tickets and no transport. They act confused and are useless.  I'm done listening for 8 -12 hours a day.  Might even be done with subscription at this point

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

So I did an online chat with Sirius to say the number goes through to a Cisco message.  They tell me contest ended on 6/4. I tell them this is for a different contest a dial-in one for tickets and no transport. They act confused and are useless.  I'm done listening for 8 -12 hours a day.  Might even be done with subscription at this point

Same issue here.  I wish it at least gave a busy signal.  

I’m losing hope of getting into this show.

9 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Are they still running the AOH/Call To Win promos today at all? I've listened between meetings but I haven't heard it... could've missed it though.

Oh yeah, they're playing it now (the promo, not the song).

The contest runs through June 8th. They play it twice. I've only gotten no ring and a hang up or the Cisco messaging thing.

I got in my car this afternoon and it was playing. First half of the song, but missed the beginning. Didn't get through. One minute difference and I could have heard the beginning of the song. 

There is quite a bit of delay on the app and online vs the car. It varies but I think it's at least two minute a lot of the time.

Sigh... I wish everyone posting in this thread could go. :)

• Like 2

lukylsp....Whr are u staying? Near the Apollo? We are looking at places ?

Just now, cmripa said:

lukylsp....Whr are u staying? Near the Apollo? We are looking at places ?

No, I stay downtown when I'm in NY - I like the restaurants and the vibe plus it's a shorter drive to JFK on my VERY early flight back home on Tuesday morning. It'll be a little bit of a trek after the show but I can take the shuttle the're offering or a LYFT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jenn_mck said:

just did some math for those of you interested... these are the contest tickets by the numbers so far:

1 pair = Grand Prize

25 pairs = U2.com song request 

16 pairs = AOH 10th caller promo (they played it at 6:45am EST yesterday and again in the afternoon, so they are playing 2 times/day) (ends June 8th)

25 pairs = Facebook/Twitter photo contest, ends 5pm today (not sure if eastern or pacific time zone)

These equal 134 tickets, which is less than 10% of the total tickets available (1500). Maybe there will be another 25 pair contest tomorrow (eternal optimist). Maybe they'll get up to 500 for actual fans (super eternal optimist). 

Congrats to all who have won! Best of Luck to the rest of us! 

There was also a targeted email to Sirius subscribers ‘in the area’. ( the fine print was 3.2 million) You had to respond and enter. No transport, just 25 pairs of tickets given away. This one is in addition to the ones above. It ended 5/30. 

That’s encouraging to hear there was a winner via the app - I’ve been so frustrated by the lag, as it would seem impossible to win if not listening in the car. I literally had a baby monitor on my car radio this morning, I’m nuts. ?‍♀️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kassie67 said:

There was also a targeted email to Sirius subscribers ‘in the area’. ( the fine print was 3.2 million) You had to respond and enter. No transport, just 25 pairs of tickets given away. This one is in addition to the ones above. It ended 5/30. 

The was the fine print on the bottom of my SiriusXM subscriber email to enter. They said 10.5 million. :( From the sound of it there seemed to have been several email broadcasts to millions of subscribers. It says "in the new york area" here but I am in Colorado. Clearly not anywhere near new york, but I would be if I had a ticket ;)

" *ODDS: This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 10,545,000 subscribers in the New York area. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received in response to this email by the end of the Entry Period. If you are a winner, your RSVP will be confirmed and you will be sent a follow-up email with exact event details. "

33 minutes ago, diblue said:

That’s encouraging to hear there was a winner via the app - I’ve been so frustrated by the lag, as it would seem impossible to win if not listening in the car. I literally had a baby monitor on my car radio this morning, I’m nuts. ?‍♀️

The baby monitor move is so smart that U2.com should give you a pair of tkts

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, diblue said:

That's actually genius! LOL! I love it. If I had one I would totally do the same!

From what I understand the person who won via the app did so on the first day of the broadcast and was either the 1st or 2nd winner in this promotion. I didn't even know there was a contest until Sunday. I hadn't heard the ad up until that point. I think many people were unaware and therefore the mass of people were not calling in at that moment, which is why the 2 min 38 second lag in the app probably wasn't that much of an issue. I absolutely think it's an issue now. Within 3 seconds of the first note of AOH coming on the app earlier today my phone was ringing and the contest was over. I was told by Sirius that if I wanted to win I should have bought a satellite radio receiver for my home. Oh...okay...let me get on that.

• Like 1

Oh dang, that makes sense then. Unfortunately the monitor solution is not sustainable since if I drain my battery I’ll have bigger problems! Will hope for some luck but even when I’ve caught it live I can’t get through.

8 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

The baby monitor move is so smart that U2.com should give you a pair of tkts

Yes please ?