U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

43 minutes ago, popfly said:

I was told by Sirius that if I wanted to win I should have bought a satellite radio receiver for my home. Oh...okay...let me get on that.

Oh damn, that’s cold blooded. 

7 hours ago, Jenn_mck said:

just did some math for those of you interested... these are the contest tickets by the numbers so far:

1 pair = Grand Prize

25 pairs = U2.com song request 

16 pairs = AOH 10th caller promo (they played it at 6:45am EST yesterday and again in the afternoon, so they are playing 2 times/day) (ends June 8th)

25 pairs = Facebook/Twitter photo contest, ends 5pm today (not sure if eastern or pacific time zone)

These equal 134 tickets, which is less than 10% of the total tickets available (1500). Maybe there will be another 25 pair contest tomorrow (eternal optimist). Maybe they'll get up to 500 for actual fans (super eternal optimist). 

Congrats to all who have won! Best of Luck to the rest of us! 

And, apparently, SiriusXM had an employee lottery. Don't know how many tickets that was. 

At this point, I'm just so disheartened, but happy to see some reports of true fans winning tickets.

I’m still curious if the lucky winners are spread across the country or on the east coast. I’ve been listening on all devices but a home receiver since the broadcast started. I’ve barely slept since Friday. I’ve only heard the song in the morning (7-9am CST) and in the afternoon (4-7pm CST). I have never heard it during the overnight hours. I’m happy for all those that have won so far. But I’m like the rest of the fans here still hanging onto hope of a ticket! Congratulations to you all! And good luck to the rest!

Has anyone heard if any won on Facebook and twitter? Those may be harder to parse through to verify people can make it  

The sirius contest had an address to write to with a SASE for a list of winners. 

Nkt sure if it’s winners just from the email Sirius contest, but I’m going to write in and get the list. ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kassie67 said:

Has anyone heard if any won on Facebook and twitter? Those may be harder to parse through to verify people can make it  

The sirius contest had an address to write to with a SASE for a list of winners. 

Nkt sure if it’s winners just from the email Sirius contest, but I’m going to write in and get the list. ?

I've seen people tweeting that they are going, but it isn't clear where they got the tickets. 

Does anyone know what time the show is on Monday?

12 hours ago, sms_10 said:

I’m still curious if the lucky winners are spread across the country or on the east coast. I’ve been listening on all devices but a home receiver since the broadcast started. I’ve barely slept since Friday. I’ve only heard the song in the morning (7-9am CST) and in the afternoon (4-7pm CST). I have never heard it during the overnight hours. I’m happy for all those that have won so far. But I’m like the rest of the fans here still hanging onto hope of a ticket! Congratulations to you all! And good luck to the rest!

They are located in NYC, not practical to think someone mans the phone 24/7

12 hours ago, Vanessa_16 said:

Just disappointed that it's only open to US residents.

Most sweepstakes held in US are for US residents only for legal reasons.  The logistics of having to comply with a hundred different legal rules aren't worth it

7 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Most sweepstakes held in US are for US residents only for legal reasons.  The logistics of having to comply with a hundred different legal rules aren't worth it

...especially when they are giving away less than 10% of the total venue capacity to actual fans. LOL

It's playing now on the app but of course with the delay there's no way.

1 minute ago, popfly said:

Yeah I was just going to the car to double check and it was towards the end of the song in the car and just starting in the app. Just missed it again!

• Sad 1

I’m beginning to think that I MAY not be getting a ticket. Lol. 

Maybe they offered to fans based on years as a paid member like pre-sale codes were given?!?? Unfortunately, I had let mine laps and forgot about it until I got the email about the tour. 

I am at a conference so wasn’t able to listen all morning but I did hear the song play at 12:05 CST but couldn’t get through. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, popfly said:

...especially when they are giving away less than 10% of the total venue capacity to actual fans. LOL

If the 1500-seat estimate is accurate, it's merely a hair over 3% - "yay". ?

• Brilliant 1

12 minutes ago, sms_10 said:

I’m beginning to think that I MAY not be getting a ticket. Lol. 

Maybe they offered to fans based on years as a paid member like pre-sale codes were given?!?? Unfortunately, I had let mine laps and forgot about it until I got the email about the tour. 

I am at a conference so wasn’t able to listen all morning but I did hear the song play at 12:05 CST but couldn’t get through. 

LOL, l've been a fan club member since 1986, but was not selected.  Oh well....  

I was a long time Propaganda subscriber, even have the issues and fan cds in storage

Back in the day via Propaganda I was able to get 2nd or 3rd tickets for Yankee stadium.  Now we wait months for 7" for a tour that is long over

For those keeping track AOH came on at 12:59pm est through the actual “why don’t you get the home radio” radio that Sirius recommended. 

6 minutes ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

LOL, l've been a fan club member since 1986, but was not selected.  Oh well....  

With a profile name like "angelofharlemforu2" you should definitely be at the show! ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, skeegan68 said:

For those keeping track AOH came on at 12:59pm est through the actual “why don’t you get the home radio” radio that Sirius recommended. 

I caught it in the car and still couldn’t get through. Pretty sure that was the first time today? Just wondering if I can resume a normal heart rate/activity until evening. I know it’s pretty futile, but can't help trying.

1 hour ago, popfly said:

I actually saw a tweet from someone earlier today that they called and won last night, and were using the app! He specifically said he was shocked, thinking he had no chance with the delay. But ... he was caller 10!

I've interacted with a few people on Twitter who received email confirmations last night of their Apollo ticket offers from the U2.com contest, and from people who were direct messaged on Twitter, then also received follow-up email confirmations. So I'm guessing that all ticket offers have already gone out for both the U2.com contest and the Twitter/FB contest. They have 24 hours to confirm if they can make it, so there *could* be some who can't make it and those offers will go to someone else, but I can't imagine anyone turning down the tickets! A girl can hope, but my hope is sadly fading. Still, fun to read the elated responses from real fans who have been selected!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, diblue said:

I caught it in the car and still couldn’t get through. Pretty sure that was the first time today? Just wondering if I can resume a normal heart rate/activity until evening. I know it’s pretty futile, but can't help trying.

Interesting. It just played at 1:46 CST through the app. So that's either the second time and that's it for the day, or it plays at different times in different time zones. I wonder if they're only doing the call-in contest for people streaming in EST?

They just played the song again at 1:44PM CST! Still didn’t get through too.