Sign in to follow this  
U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

22 minutes ago, travelergirl30 said:

I actually saw a tweet from someone earlier today that they called and won last night, and were using the app! He specifically said he was shocked, thinking he had no chance with the delay. But ... he was caller 10!

It would be interesting to know how quickly they got through when calling.  Was it seconds, or several minutes later?

1 minute ago, afg said:

It would be interesting to know how quickly they got through when calling.  Was it seconds, or several minutes later?

He said he got through on his 7th try from when he first heard it start. Yet, other people say they have over a 2 minute lag between their car and the app, so sounds like it's really up in the air for each person. ?

10 minutes ago, travelergirl30 said:

Interesting. It just played at 1:46 CST through the app. So that's either the second time and that's it for the day, or it plays at different times in different time zones. I wonder if they're only doing the call-in contest for people streaming in EST?

I happened to load the app just then and saw that it was playing again and thought I had some error in the "go live" - keeping it interesting I guess, maybe they'll play again today at this rate.  

Here's the thing about the lag (and I'm clearly only speculating) - the car is live but you're driving so it still takes time to pull to the side etc. to start calling in. Meanwhile, it starts a bit later on the app/desktop but you also probably start calling around the same time as people who are driving (I hope anyway - I would like to think no one is calling while barreling down the freeway - please do not incriminate yourselves here haha). So yeah, the car is real deal live but you know, driving. Unless people are just sitting in their driveways hanging out for AOH and if so, more power!

Regarding winners, I've seen peeps posting on Twitter using the hashtag saying they were picked so I know people were selected however, as someone said before not all of those folks may be able to make it at this late date if they don't live in the area so they may move on to other entrants.

With only about 150 - 200 pair estimated to be given away based on an earlier calculation in this thread when you combine all of the contests (which is a really, really low number for fans/subscribers to be in the house sadly) I hope that more Zootopians make it if others can't make it.

The more I realize the above point regarding how little tickets were actually given away, it makes us feel CRAZY lucky to have won our way in. My husband bought lottery tickets on Friday in fact, haha.

• Like 2

Been browsing these comments for a while, trying my luck too on the radio and elsewhere, and just want to say a big thank you to everyone here providing their insight. It's very helpful (and I'm having fun being hopeful!).  ?

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

Did they just play Angel of Harlem about 10 minutes ago? I am trying to figure out a problem with my phone. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, FinlayLovesU2 said:

I've been listening to the app continuously this afternoon and did not hear it 10 mins ago.

Thank you! I just got out of a meeting and haven’t been able to listen for the last few hours. Fingers crossed everyone! Good luck to all the other hopefuls!

When will they announce the U2.com winners?  Or did they already????

1 hour ago, hillpy2 said:

When will they announce the U2.com winners?  Or did they already????

I'd just be happy if they confirmed that all the tickets offered have already been claimed - that way, those who haven't won tickets can stop hoping in vain.

It would be nice.

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

4 hours ago, travelergirl30 said:

He said he got through on his 7th try from when he first heard it start. Yet, other people say they have over a 2 minute lag between their car and the app, so sounds like it's really up in the air for each person. ?

I think it's a slimmer chance on the app but not impossible. Lots of variables, and like someone said, it would take time for people to pull over and call. I actually did some hanging around in my driveway today, so others might be too. :) But it probably depends on luck and who is calling from where.

What I would like to know is if it actually ever rings or does something other than silently hang up on you or kick to that voice mail...

4 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

Those of us who haven't won can all convene at the Harlem Tavern on 116th Street :).

Any idea how much sound makes it ouside the Apollo, if any? Thinking about just heading up there and standing around in hopes that someone will take pity on me...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, donna_mc said:

Any idea how much sound makes it ouside the Apollo, if any? Thinking about just heading up there and standing around in hopes that someone will take pity on me...

That's my plan as well!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

That's my plan as well!

Thinking the same. I'm off that day.

Angel of Harlem just played a few minutes ago. Anyone lucky enough to get through?  Just wondering if a human ever answers. Sometimes I get long silence, or a recorded voice that says the line isn't available.

Edited by vtgirl77
typo

19 minutes ago, vtgirl77 said:

Angel of Harlem just played a few minutes ago. Anyone lucky enough to get through?  Just wondering if a human ever answers. Sometimes I get long silence, or a recorded voice that says the line isn't available.

Wow. I wouldn't have expected it to play again. I believe the rules say they only play it twice per day. I have not gotten any other experience other than the one that you describe.

I did see someone say on  Twitter how they called and were caller 7, so someone must be live answering. 

Radio stations sometimes take their time answering too. To stagger winning times. My experience with calling in to win tickets for other shows, anyway. 

Ive seen people post on twitter who’ve won on twitter, Facebook, u2.com, and calling in. I think most are chosen except the rules for the Facebook twitter contest said to leave your entry post set to public through 6/10, in case some chosen can’t claim the prize. 

Theyll choose someone else. 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:05 PM, cmripa said:

We got final confirmation late today....pinch me...out of my mind...SO excited!!! Will most definitely be one of the most magical U2 events for me (although there’s been many over the past 35 yrs ?❤️ this is sure to be one of the best!) good luck to all diehards hoping to get in that door!! ?? 

Wow, congrats.  How did you find out? email?  Are you a Sirius XM winner or U2.com winner?

12 hours ago, dmway said:

I'd just be happy if they confirmed that all the tickets offered have already been claimed - that way, those who haven't won tickets can stop hoping in vain.

It would be nice.

I AGREE!!!  Checking email every day and . . . nothing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DianeDella said:

I was just caller 3!!!  #farawaysoclose

I was #7 the other day, I was saying, “nooooooooooooo” when they hung up on me ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skeegan68 said:

I was #7 the other day, I was saying, “nooooooooooooo” when they hung up on me ?

50 minutes ago, DianeDella said:

I was just caller 3!!!  #farawaysoclose

Were you two using the app or car radio? Did it take a lot of tries? Does it actually ring before they answer? LOL. I wish you guys had one though! So close!

18 minutes ago, skeegan68 said:

Lol!

not nice! 7 is so close! 

• Like 1