Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Chicago Live Thread #U2eiTour

I didn’t have a feeling about Love Is Bigger either way until I saw it live. I just love it. The bridge of the song is fantastic. 

Good night everyone! Next stop: Nashville!

U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

May 23, 2018    Chicago, IL    United Center

1. Love Is All We Have Left
  2. The Blackout
  3. Lights of Home
  4. I Will Follow
  5. Red Flag Day
  6. Beautiful Day
  7. The Ocean
  8. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  9. Cedarwood Road
  10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  11. Until The End Of the World

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

12. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  13. Vertigo / It's Only Rock n' Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
  14. Desire
  15. Acrobat / My Kind Of Town (snippet)
  16. You're The Best Thing About Me
  17. Staring at The Sun
  18. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  19. Get Out Of Own Way
  20. American Soul
  21. City of Blinding Lights
  22. One / Invisible (snippet)
  23. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  24. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/mysteriousdays/ | mixlr.com/jzcanuck/ | mixlr.com/meliswis/ | mixlr.com/k_now_waite/ | mixlr.com/harbinger384/ | | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

• Like 1

Somewhat appropriate for our visit and stay in Chicago.

Chicago Hyatt Regency

Thanks lads, for a great night!

May 23, 2018

BC3C7B4C-C2BC-4F10-8E32-5C0B58D79DC1.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, U2LAWoman said:

hello, hello

: ) You say it's your birthday??! We're gonna have a good time..

THANK YOU! It is actually today but yeah...

5 hours ago, badsilver said:

THANK YOU! It is actually today but yeah...

Happy, happy Birthday badsilver!!

???

when did we get all these new emojis

Great show last night.  They sounded incredible.  My seat ended up being in the second row, main stage, by the Edge with no one in the front row.  Last night's show was different.  I could feel something in the air.  Maybe they were doubly determined after the first show.  I don't know, but last night they were the best band I've ever seen live.  Wow.  I love The Edge's guitar when he gets that riff going in Staring at the Sun.  They dynamics were great.   He was standing right in front of us and playing.  Then Bono and he were going at it as they do. My whole row was right up front to the side.  I've never jumped or screamed or smiled so hard.  I also could watch Larry drum.  The whole thing was a dream come true.

It is also official-I double checked and a flashing sign on the highway definitely says:  LSD Closed.  ???  I thought I wasn't seeing clearly the first night-two nights in a row...LSD is closed in Chicago. Can anyone explain?  That's a bit of a typo.  Very funny yet baffling.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 3

I was surprised how toned down Bono's rhetoric is during the show.  I agree with the politics.  I was expecting longer speeches.  I thought it was all done well.  It worked without pushing an agenda down someone's throat.  I loved how Bono presented it in a more subdued manner.  

I also thought that the scary Macphisto segment was well done.  The script was extremely well written, performed and produced.  The end, where he takes off the makeup, had some great lines, as did the whole segment.  I wish I could see that script.

The segment about women flowed smoothly and worked.

I loved how the show ended with 13 and the metaphorical imagery.  I was very impressed with this show-even more than I thought I would be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Great show last night.  They sounded incredible.  My seat ended up being in the second row, main stage, by the Edge with no one in the front row.  Last night's show was different.  I could feel something in the air.  Maybe they were doubly determined after the first show.  I don't know, but last night they were the best band I've ever seen live.  Wow.  I love The Edge's guitar when he gets that riff going in Staring at the Sun.  They dynamics were great.   He was standing right in front of us and playing.  Then Bono and he were going at it as they do. My whole row was right up front to the side.  I've never jumped or screamed or smiled so hard.  I also could watch Larry drum.  The whole thing was a dream come true.

It is also official-I double checked and a flashing sign on the highway definitely says:  LSD Closed.  ???  I thought I wasn't seeing clearly the first night-two nights in a row...LSD is closed in Chicago. Can anyone explain?  That's a bit of a typo.  Very funny yet baffling.

LSD is Lake Shore Drive.

47 minutes ago, bduling2 said:

LSD is Lake Shore Drive.

LOL.  Of course it is.  There was traffic zooming and the concert still  booming in my head when I passed the sign.  I'm so tired today that I cannot think.  Thanks.  I know Lake Shore Drive.  I ended up heading back into the city and was driving on Lake Shore Drive last night.  It was not closed!  ?

Edited by Manohlive

41 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

LOL.  Of course it is.  There was traffic zooming and the concert still  booming in my head when I passed the sign.  I'm so tired today that I cannot think.  Thanks.  I know Lake Shore Drive.  I ended up heading back into the city and was driving on Lake Shore Drive last night.  It was not closed!  ?

So, in a manner of speaking, you were on LSD last night... ???

• Upvote 1

Just now, dmway said:
41 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

So, in a manner of speaking, you were on LSD last night... ???

Perfection.   That was be-you-tea-full, dmway.  I can't give any more reactions but LOL and ❤️

• Thanks 1